No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They say time apart makes the heart grow fonder, but that doesn't appear to be the case with the Sam Carter character and her insertion into the newest Stargate SG-1 episodes. I've always loved the Sam character, her smarts, determination and that underlying (very underlying) sense of humor. BUT, am I the only one who notices just how out of place she is in the most recent episodes? She just doesn't seem to be clicking with the other characters on the show, even with the one's she's been alongside for the last 8 years!

I'm not sure what's up, whether the Sam character has just gotten stale after so much time or whether it's poor writing? Or perhaps it was the brilliant performace by Claudia Black (Vala) early in the season that really blows the lid off of how boring Col. Carter has become. Does anyone else see a way to fix this? Or am I the only one that notices? Take a look back at how great & vital Sam was in season 8; then look at what she is now and you tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Sweet, merciful... If I had known that THAT was an option, I would have had Lys photoshop Sam's face out and put mine in!

Otherwise... No. I'm into the one-on-one interaction, my friend!

Though I do have crossover fantasies that involve these three kicking some major tail in the sky. And Sam doesn't have to ride shotgun anymore.

May she never have to do so again.
      Want me to change the sig spaz ?
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Hamilton
        They say time apart makes the heart grow fonder, but that doesn't appear to be the case with the Sam Carter character and her insertion into the newest Stargate SG-1 episodes. I've always loved the Sam character, her smarts, determination and that underlying (very underlying) sense of humor. BUT, am I the only one who notices just how out of place she is in the most recent episodes? She just doesn't seem to be clicking with the other characters on the show, even with the one's she's been alongside for the last 8 years!

I'm not sure what's up, whether the Sam character has just gotten stale after so much time or whether it's poor writing? Or perhaps it was the brilliant performace by Claudia Black (Vala) early in the season that really blows the lid off of how boring Col. Carter has become. Does anyone else see a way to fix this? Or am I the only one that notices? Take a look back at how great & vital Sam was in season 8; then look at what she is now and you tell me.
        I think that the vibe from Sam came from a couple things...First, the fact that Sam was wary to be back because she was only supposed to be there temporarily. Second, because Amanda was exhausted and also slightly unsure of herself at first...which played in nicely with how Sam felt.

That being said, the Sam I saw in Prototype and 4th Horseman is "back on track" for me...that's not to say I didn't love the Beachhead Sam, EDM Sam or Babylon Sam...she was just more subdued in those episodes for the reasons stated above.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          Want me to change the sig spaz ?
          Thanks for the offer, but it honestly wouldn't come CLOSE to doing the message justice.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
            Okay if somebody has already posted this sorry for the duplicate information but I don't have time currently to read all the posts for yesterday and today.

Amanda Tapping movie alert

What Kind of Mother Are You? - Lifetime MOVIE Network
            Thu Sep 29 11:00P on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network
            Fri Sep 30 06:18A on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network

This is one I have not seen so I will be setting up my Tivo to record.
            Which time zone is the info for?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              Which time zone is the info for?

Okay I just checked my DirectV program guide and it is listing the movie at the following times (West Coast - Pacific Time Zone)

Sep 30 02:00 am

Future showings

Sep 30 09:18 am

Therefore these times should be Eastern Standard Time
              Thu Sep 29 11:00P on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network
              Fri Sep 30 06:18A on LMN - Lifetime MOVIE Network

Sorry about forgetting to put time zone information on the first time
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Hey Mary Beth?

Right now, what would you say your weapon of choice is?

I'm thinking staff weapon. Or maybe two.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  yes, sam herself is a s/t shipper

ain't it great?????

see, i'm not all that odd after all
                  Sam/Teal'c shipping what do AT and CJ think about that?
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    can you imagine??? what if they added in Bill Lee??? a four way snark off

now THAT i would LOVE to see
                    *heaven*
                    Oooohhhh man.

Sam, McKay, Felger AND Dr. Lee?

Well then we'd have to add Zelenka. And probably a coupla other people...
                    *something better than heaven*
                    Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Carter...Carter...Carter...Carter...Carter...
                    (and the chanting continues...)[/CENTER]

Carter...Carter...Carter...Carter...Carter...Carter...
                    Carter...
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      Sam/Teal'c shipping what do AT and CJ think about that?
                      They think "mmmmmmmmm"
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Actually, CJ looks bit buzzed, but he may still like the concept...

Comment

Actually, CJ looks bit buzzed, but he may still like the concept...
                          Well Teal'c knows how to treat a lady unlike some people *cough* pete *cough*
                          love Torri

Comment

Hey Mary Beth?

Right now, what would you say your weapon of choice is?

I'm thinking staff weapon. Or maybe two.

Ooooooooor Hara'kash...or pain stick...

Muahahahahahaahahahaha

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              pain stick...
                              *runs*
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                                *runs*
                                As a Sam fan, you have nothing to fear from me my friend.

However there are those in tftmnbn that have much to fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X