Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    The following are screenshots of Amanda Tapping's appearance in Booty Call.
    It is on today on FX at 5pm Central time.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I'd like to apologize beforehand if I offend anyone with this post, but I just couldn't hold my tongue any longer.

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but rather to the many different negative comments I’ve been reading lately and to reiterate that this thread is called Sam is a Great Character. This used to be a place where I felt Amanda could drop by, read a bit and feel completely welcomed without worry that someone was going to talk badly about Sam.
      Thanks for the reminder Forever. I think I have been one who has veered over into the hair/appearance discussion (probably due to the lack of new Sam episodes). Nevertheless, mea culpa.

I have to say it was great to see some great Sam moments in the marathon last night. I love scientist Sam in "Matter of Time." And that scene where Teal'c comes up to her and puts his hand on her back when she's working the equations is great. They're not at the hugging stage exactly yet, but that physical contact is a sign of their friendship, I think. I think that's an example of a "character moment" that helps define the characters and makes us love them. It doesn't take a whole episode devoted to one character to do that. I also love in that same scene Sam's line about "they don't know what to do, so they're just going to blow it up!" AT really conveys the frustration well.

Comment

Captions?

Sam to self: Whoa! Concentrate… don’t drive this like the Indian!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Hey there Samandans...

I've been away from our fair kingdom for awhile now...but I've not been twiddling my thumbs.

I've been finishing off a video for the Amanda Tapping Contest and here's a linke to the final SMALL cut. The original file size was close to a GB...

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...girl_small.wmv

Let me know what you think!

This was absolutely fabulous. I think it's great, I loved it.
          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
          Hic Comitas Regit
          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
            Captions?

Sam thinking: I can't believe I had to bring my own blue jello!

Comment

Captions?

mmhm, i don't think this is what's meant by 'boxing day'
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

here's a project for everyone...and i'm sure you can spread the word far and wide

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/fanmail/index.html
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Captions?

AT to self: Okay TPTB did say they would find a way to store extra things for Olivia at the studio, but make me move it all myself?!? Thanks Guys!
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    She specifically said
                    Spoiler:
                    that Cassie was having a hard time,
                    which really could mean anything.
                    Spoiler:
                    Drugs... prostitution...
                    LOL - Taking it a bit far arent you?
                    don’t drive this like the Indian!
                    Whats that mean?
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Captions?

Sam to self: Whoa! Concentrate… don’t drive this like the Indian!
                      It was so nice of Daniel to help her out and take over rolling it for the last 5 feet (its the thought that counts). It was a real team kinda moment for me.

Did remind me of a time I was listing to the commentary on the DVDs.. I cant remember the ep, but PDL was joking about how when they had scenes where somthing heavy had to be lifted or moved they had to get Carter to do it becaus AT was a real sport and CJ, MS and RDA were kind of lazy when it came to the heavey stuff (Im sure he didnt use lazy but it was implied... had to get AT to do it because the others wouldnt).
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think I now qualify as a die-hard Amanda Tapping fan, having endured countless minutes of Booty Call in order to watch 5 seconds of her on screen. But I had to laugh, because she was technobabbling the whole time!

My LJ

Comment

don’t drive this like the Indian!

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          Whats that mean?
                          The Indian is Sam's motorcycle. I think she also has a Harley.

Comment

[QUOTE=SamFan31]Captions?

Sam: I wonder if this is enough blue jello to last me the weekend?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                              I think I now qualify as a die-hard Amanda Tapping fan, having endured countless minutes of Booty Call in order to watch 5 seconds of her on screen. But I had to laugh, because she was technobabbling the whole time!
                              Yeah...I bought the DVD just because she's in it and I wanted the clip...

*sigh*

Truly a waste of her talents...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hey everyone! I so had an Amanda loving moment yesterday! I was watching Scifi and that show called "Proof Positive" was on and I just happened to be flipping through and I heard Amanda's voice and freaked out! *lol* I had to call up my best friend and told her "Amanda is on! Amanda is on!"......she was hosting the show!

Comment

Working...
                                X