No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just my opinion here but I think AT actually looks better when she appears at conventions and is much more natural - the make-up on TV tries way too hard - she has more natural beauty that I often wish they would just let come through. And it always surpirses me that at most conventions in the pics taken by normal everyday people, most likely with very modest cameras, and who are not pros at photography or filmmaking, she, including her hair, always looks great. I sometimes think the TV people should take a page from all of the natural photos of AT and just leave her alone and let her do her own thing.
    Last edited by binkpmmc; 02 September 2005, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you,
      Happy birthday, dear Kat, Happy birthday to you!!!!

And many more!!!!

Comment

Popping in to say how much I'm loving the marathon! I love Amanda in "Lost City." All in all, these are great Sam episodes, great team episodes, great Jack episodes. Just great episodes all around!
        sigpic

Comment

I always liked WoO. I know this is supposed to be a Jack - Teal'c ep but I always thought Carter was really good in this ep. Big time Science Sam, plus some Comando Sam (she covers Col O'neill very professionally even making sure she lowers her weapon when he passes in front of her). Plus the whole team looks great in the desert BDUs. And although I am not a shipper, given there were not lasting concequences, I was ok with the little nod to the shippers.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Über, your vid is great! i've watched it twice in a row. well done!

birthdays i've missed - happy birthday!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Anyone else notice that the last four episodes in tonight's marathon all deal with time in some way?

Window of Opportunity (Time Loop)
              Matter of Time ( Time Slowing Down )
              1969 ( Back in Time )
              2010 ( Back from the Future )

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Anyone else notice that the last four episodes in tonight's marathon all deal with time in some way?

1969 ( Back in Time )

Interesting observation! Birthdays must agree with you!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Hey there Samandans...

I've been away from our fair kingdom for awhile now...but I've not been twiddling my thumbs.

I've been finishing off a video for the Amanda Tapping Contest and here's a linke to the final SMALL cut. The original file size was close to a GB...

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...girl_small.wmv

Let me know what you think!

Absolutely, positively wonderful!!!!!!!
                  How did you do that?????

You ROCK!!!!

Comment

ForeverSg1 Happy Birthday!

Über most excellent vid
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

1969 ( Back in Time )

Thats funny you mentioned that. When watching WoO Sam brings up 1969 and my ears perked up because I knew it was on later. They also reference the same ep in 2010 never thought of that. Its like these 3 eps go kind of together. Then Matter of Time is referenced in 2001 which is ofcourse the sequel to 2010. Nice Marathon.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

(sorry about that other post - i couldn't edit it, so i just deleted it. here's the same quote with working spoiler tags)

Originally posted by deepspace
                        Following on from what Kat wrote, I just wanted to say that I've been finding it hard to post lately. Partly because of all the season9 discussion, yes, but also because the rest of the Sam dicussion has not really enthused me much. Without trying to sound like a long-timer here, I do remeber good times when Sam discussion was lively, positive, brilliant. We had a unique style that echoed with fun, in comparison to many a thread on the forum. Something about the thread has changed. I miss the elders, but it's not just that. So lately I've only been posting about other thread members, and I just wanted to explain a little of why I have barely mentioned Sam since I came back here, despite the fact that this is the Sam thread.
                        trying *again* to post...

i think, for me, it's hard to find things to talk about because we're barely getting anything *new* sam related. yes, sam's on the show now, but... i think we're missing some depth...

spoilers for s7, s8, s9

Spoiler:
                        i want to know some things about sam since she returned --

*sam left the sgc to take care of cassie. why? what exactly was wrong with cassie? is it over with now?

*did sam start a relay with jack (dating)? did they make an agreement to wait for one another instead?

*how is sam dealing with her father's death?

*does sam have a prob with not leading her old team?

*why isn't sam leading sg1?

*did sam ask for the position at R&R? did she really head the department? was she promoted?

*why was sam ambivalent about returning in beach head? because she didn't think the bomb would work, or she didn't want to leave behind her new life?

*when/how did she meet mitchell?

*what made sam decide to return to the sgc? i'm thinking the ori, but i'd still like to hear about it.

*what made sam decide to rejoin sg1?

*how did sam feel not only leaving sg1, but the sgc?

*does sam miss janet? obviously she does, but i want to 'hear' about it.

these are some of the main things going through my mind right now about sam, but i'm afraid we'll never hear/see anything on the show to give me the answers. i want some in-depth time given to find these answers, which doesn't have to take up that much time on the show. just give us the essence of sam.

i think they've basically missed some great opportunities with all the characters (talking about our main team here, not mitchell. yet). what happened to them? what happened to jack!?

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, I have to admit, initially I was disappointed when I remembered that we would not get to watch a new episode tonight, but I am really enjoying tonight's marathon. The fans have chosen well! Some of the best "Best of the Stargate Moments" episodes. Great team stuff, fun, "edge of your seat" suspense and action. It's good to see Jack and Janet back with the team. Good old times!
                          But what I enjoy the most - these are all great Sam episodes, especially Scientist Sam episodes. She is so great as a scientist. In these episodes she really is the brains of the whole show and the one who figures out how to save the day. God, I missed that.
                          Anyways, hope you all are enjoying it as much as I am.
                          Everybody, have a nice (Labor Day) Weekend. See you all on the other side.

"And we are walking!"

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Lys provided me with several clips...especially Pilot!Sam...Anubis!Sam and Geek!Sam...so I promised her that she would see it before anyone else...
                            And I greatly appreciated it Über ! It was my pleasure to provide you those clips. Thank you again for this fabulous video.

I don't even begin to realize how hard it was to insert the Foothold scene in Jack's TV, including this really fun tabloid, working with all the different lightnings, working with the mirror scene from Foothold again, making this nice screen wall with I don't know how many Amanda's clones . I know how much time you spent doing this piece of art for our pleasure !
                            You deserve a medal for serving our Queen so nicely !

Well done Über !
                            Last edited by Lys; 03 September 2005, 12:12 AM.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Heh heh... This is random, and I'm sorry if it doesn't sound OT, but the dipping kiss in WoO? Priceless...

Also, on a more serious note, I think it IS kinda difficult to talk about Sam when (a) there are no new episodes and (b) the questions that Sally posted aren't answered. I wonder if we'll be able to walk away from TFH with a different perspective on the team, as a whole, and the characters individually. And, beyond that, in January, I'm hoping everything else will fall into place.

Comment

Sam in S9
                                Spoiler:
                                I dont think there was anything wrong with Cassie - I think that Sam just wanted to spend more time with her now that she didnt have to save the world from the goa'uld, replicators etc.

The following are screenshots of Amanda Tapping's appearance in The Void.

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X