Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn update time! Wasn't referring to yours I'm afraid, was referring to SueKay's. Just the ruddy update of the board meant it arrived afterwards.

It's the way his head is turned, looks like he might need a priest or two.

Good guy, Bad guy.....
    I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      look what i found???

guess which one i bought???

Comment

Here's another one....

Looks like a serious convo.... Watch out, PTB, we might misinterpret something! LOL!

Comment

A gift for Christmas to all the shippers

New video "Please come back for Christmas " Aaron Neville

Enjoy and see you all later I'm gonn watch 4400 on TV

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by X-Man
            Damn update time! Wasn't referring to yours I'm afraid, was referring to SueKay's. Just the ruddy update of the board meant it arrived afterwards.

It's the way his head is turned, looks like he might need a priest or two.
            Ack!! *Mei Mei throws some holy water on the screen!*

Be right back... I have to go get a towel now....

It's funny the things you see when you are trying to cap stuff... You don't realize how weird some of it looks until you are looking at it frame by frame! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by X-Man
              Is it just me, or does RDA's head appear to be photoshopped on in that last pic?

Or did I miss something earlier?
              ???

I'm confuzzled (oh how unusual!)

What do you mean???

BTW - Xander - you ain't gonna get out of this one

SHARE YOUR SHIP FIC WITH THE FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon! Andy makes vids fcol!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I know I used to feel this way. I felt that RDA brought a light and joy to the show, and I always enjoyed it so much more when he was in it. However, sadly , IMHO in s8 so far, this hasn't been true. Frequently I wonder what he's DOING in the scene, where is the emotion, the torment, the internal struggle?? Sometimes I enjoy the eps with just one of the actors, I quite liked Lifeboat *ducks rotten tomatoes* As a consequence, while I'll give s9 a go, whoever they sign up for it, they'll have to pull a great one out of their..... *cough* hats if they want to keep me as a viewer.

How much emotion can you get into when you are in 1-1/2 minutes of an episode and have lines that don't mean anything? In eps this season where Jack actually had something to do--Lockdown, Zero Hour and Avatar--we got the old Jack. And the eps actually held my interest. When he is not there--and that includes eps where he's in one or two scenes with nothing really to do--I'm bored. So far, the other three simply don't have that spark without Jack at the center.

As for Lifeboat: hey, no need to duck!<<g>> You are certainly entitlted to like it. For me, it managed the interesting feat of being both boring and over-the-top. The only thing I thought worth watching was TR.

J.
                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Hey, 'Shipper Family!

Good to see you all again after my weekend of Holiday Madness and Fun.

Finally got a moment to sit down and get my new fic posted. It's the first in a three (possibly four) story series I'm planning called 'Planetary Shifts'. This one is angsty, so if you read, remember--don't panic, this is only the first story in the series.

Anyone interested can find Planetary Shifts 1: Watching here on Gateworld.

Thanks! And I'm SO loving these AMoT pictures...that is one of my most favorite episodes ever for SO many J/S reasons...

RowanD

GateShip--Where it's all about the family. Join us!

Comment

meimei
                    Excellent post! I agree. Although I would love to see more, I want to know that Jack and Sam are together. If I can get that from the little things, touching, smiles, occasional hugs that aren't due to the death of a loved one, off hand comments ("What do you want to do for dinner tonight?"), etc. Then I will be happy.

I started watching SG1 because it's is, or was, an excellent scifi show. The obvious romantic attraction between Jack and Sam was a major bonus. Gratuitous sex scenes aren't necessary, between anyone. Sometimes the most erotic scenes aren't explicit. Such as the Grace kiss. There was nothing but few seconds of kissing and it took my breath away.

I have been posting over in the fanfic section of the forum, trying to help someone wanting to know how to write a good kiss. I told her just that, find a scene from a movie that takes your breath away and describe it. That's all you need, and then fade to black. My fics go beyond the fade to black, but that's my option and anyone that reads them knows that going in. If they don't want to read explicit scenes between Jack and Sam, they don't have to read it.

Stargate is not going to last if it does become the Jack and Sam Hour. Shippers are a large part of the fandom, but we are not a majority, we're just very vocal. They need to balance what is shown so that they maintain their entire fan base. So if subtle does the trick, then so be it. I want my old Stargate back, action, adventure, the round spinny thing, plus the secure knowledge that when Jack and Sam leave the base, they are leaving together with the same destination!

I absolutely agree. I just want to know that, after eight years of following this thread, that Sam and Jack are a pair, and that it's established that they are, not "open to interpretation." I want it to be part of the show, not all that the show is about.

And I think that if anyone expects (much less demands) more, they are setting themselves up for disappointment.

J.
                    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Thanks RowanD. It was excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                        Well no offense to Thor, but I won't believe that [Moebius, Threads and Chimera]
                        Spoiler:
                        Pete is in Moeius it until Gateworld or at least IMDB has him listed. There is nothing in the Moebius pictures to suggest that he is it. They probably have him listed because they did an interview with him two months ago and he said he got back from filming an episode. I think it was about the time they were wrapping up the season and Project Stargate most likely thought that he got back from filming Moebius. But we all know that the filming of episodes are out of order because of RDA's limited days. For example I thinked they shot Lockdown before New Order this year and Last year they shot Fragile Balance before Fallen/Homecoming. Getting back to Pete being in Moebius DDL has been know to exaggerate or forget which episodes he is. An example of this is when doing an interview with Gateworld he said that he was going to be in Sacrifices because he said that he read a script bt CJ and commented on how funny it was and low and behold he wasn't in Sacrifices. I won't worry too much if DDL says he is going to be in Moebius. Getting back to the question, he could have been shooting a scene in Threads that they didn't have time to before because of Rick's limited days.
                        Many thanks for clearing that up I think I do remember that interview they had with him a couple months back and I think thats where I got the idea from.

amra

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          lol

unfotunately no.

Here's a scenario for the gutter girls - you'r eserving SG1 in the commissary, and Jack asks you for a hot dog.

PG Forum! (I'm in a random mood)

Okay peeps

http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.ne...ndatapping.php

Here's an interview with AT on Sam, replicarter, babies, season eight and season nine. There's not much of a mention on S/J ship, but there is a mention. Kind of a 'one-line-and-you-miss-it deal.

Thanks, S-K, that was an interesting interview. Confirms our ideas about how out of character it was for Sam to be saying yes to Potatohead and kissing himwhile on the job. At thought so too!!

Comment

goodnight shippers see you tommorow I'm off to bed so tired Rought weekend and tommorow is another monday.There is a song about mondays:tell me why I don't like mondays Do you know it? Goodnight
                            Lord Zedd

Comment

Right folks...

Here's a task for you....

I want you to recap your fave subtle ship moment. ie. a single look, touch etc
                              sigpic

Comment

Season eight spec'

Spoiler:
                                Why haven't we had the citizen Joe pics yet??? We know even less about it than Moebius. I'm beginning to think that this may be the one in which Sam and Jack finally get it together, since it's under such close wraps. Maybe we'll get that RST!

Just some random thoughts to mark my 1800th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*scurries off to u/load custom avatar*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X