Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that explains why I have to use Citrix all the the time to get into GW. I've never been able to get into it from the main OS on my computer or any other computer on campus. I always have to use the citrix server. I opened the log file from Kerio personal firewall and pinged GW with some interesting results. The Kerio personal firewall log registered 4 new entries as the ping was happening. These entries said that the ICMP destination was unreachable because communication was administratively prohibited. My guess is that traffic between GW and UB's computers use a port that was blocked by the university because someone else used that port to attack UB's computers. Hopefully if I get an off-campus broadband service I will be able to use GW.

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      Funny that's what everyone at work says... And my family too. I wonder...

Anyway, I am trying to read the AF regs on fraternization. I need some info for the new fic. My eyes are crossing!! I am in desperate need of some kind of shipper cookie that allows my brain to process military legalese!!
      Hon, that is waaaay beyond the abilities of a mere cookie.... you need MG's 200 proof hooch!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
        I guess that explains why I have to use Citrix all the the time to get into GW. I've never been able to get into it from the main OS on my computer or any other computer on campus. I always have to use the citrix server. I opened the log file from Kerio personal firewall and pinged GW with some interesting results. The Kerio personal firewall log registered 4 new entries as the ping was happening. These entries said that the ICMP destination was unreachable because communication was administratively prohibited. My guess is that traffic between GW and UB's computers use a port that was blocked by the university because someone else used that port to attack UB's computers. Hopefully if I get an off-campus broadband service I will be able to use GW.
        translation???

Comment

Funny that's what everyone at work says... And my family too. I wonder...

Anyway, I am trying to read the AF regs on fraternization. I need some info for the new fic. My eyes are crossing!! I am in desperate need of some kind of shipper cookie that allows my brain to process military legalese!!
          That is exactly why why I leave leagalese to the experts. I always get a headache when I try to decipher legalese. Although I'm gonna try to take a distance-learning class called "Basic Real Estate Law." It may help me somwhere down the line if I ever get married and buy a house.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
            translation???
            It basically means UB threw a hissy fit and blocked the univeristy communication port which the attack came through on. The trouble is, legitimate websites like GW also use that particular commuinications port when someone on UB's computers accesses that site, but since the port is blocked, GW can't display it's pages on UB's computers. We also cannot ping GW either. "Pinging" is what you do to determine the status of a particular web site. If I get a "host does not exist," then the web address I pinged does not exist. If I get a "Request timed out" on any of the ping packets sent to a web address, it means the web address exists but is currently having technical difficulties. If all 4 of the ping packets sent get a response in the form of a response packet, then the web address is up and running. In this case I get a "request timed out" on all 4 packets cuz the University is blocking all communications attempts on that port.

Comment

It basically means UB threw a hissy fit and blocked the univeristy communication port which the attack came through on. The trouble is, legitimate websites like GW also use that particular commuinications port when someone on UB's computers accesses that site, but since the port is blocked, GW can't display it's pages on UB's computers. We also cannot ping GW either. "Pinging" is what you do to determine the status of a particular web site. If I get a "host does not exist," then the web address I pinged does not exist. If I get a "Request timed out" on any of the ping packets sent to a web address, it means the web address exists but is currently having echnical difficulties. If all 4 of the ping packets sent get a response in the form of a response packet, then the web address is up and running.
              Oh, yeah, like that expains it!!! (Mei Mei is clueless!)

Why worry about legalese... You speak fluent computerese!!

Comment

Hon, that is waaaay beyond the abilities of a mere cookie.... you need MG's 200 proof hooch!
                Otherwise known as "battery acid."

Comment

Oh, yeah, like that expains it!!! (Mei Mei is clueless!)

Why worry about legalese... You speak fluent computerese!!
                  Here's the upshot: I can't access GW from university computers because that traffic utilises the same port that a previous internet attack to the university came through on.

Comment

Otherwise known as "battery acid."
                    I had some homemade Ouzo on the Isle of Crete once, does that count as battery acid?

Comment

OK guys. I'm gonna go to the campus computer labs to see if I can steal a couple of empty printer paper boxes.

Comment

I had some homemade Ouzo on the Isle of Crete once, does that count as battery acid?
                        LOL! Pretty close it sounds like!
                        Be careful, we only want you to be able to interpret military legalese, not rot out your stomach...

Comment

oh, so NOW you guys slow down? I check in on my lunch break (late due to the arrival of 90, 000 mealworms that had to be taken care of), expecting a new thread and I find not even 2 new pages...maybe I will be here for the move <g> Time to read Finding Grace...it's good...ahhhh!!! its a WIP? need the next chapter please!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                          ~Imzadi
                          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

LOL! Pretty close it sounds like!
                            Be careful, we only want you to be able to interpret military legalese, not rot out your stomach...
                            I think that I have found some appropriately vague passages to suit my purposes!

Shippy purposes, at that!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                              oh, so NOW you guys slow down? I check in on my lunch break (late due to the arrival of 90, 000 mealworms that had to be taken care of),
                              What did you have for lunch???????!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Looks like GW hiccuped there for a minute. Must've be drunk off that 200 proof shipper hooch!!
                                Shipper hooch??!!!

Did I miss a meeting??

Wow, I guess our lovely town comes complete with a still, eh?
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X