Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the articles I've been reading lately where AT is quoted she seems to be more adiment about promoting Pete only b/c shippers have raised so much animosity against him. She admits that Jack will always be Sam's one true love. I don't underdstand why Jack can't just say, "Hey when this is all over, why don't you and me take a much-awaited trip out to my cabin?" One of the things that's really sparking some hope though is the fact that is only going to be in some episodes. So if he and Sam were to actually get married (perish the thought) or to pursue something lasting, they wouldn't just kick him off the show. Nor would they merely mention him in the background 'cause he's already made appearances. That's my wishful, logical thinking anyway.
    "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Originally posted by madfrenchie
      All the articles I've been reading lately where AT is quoted she seems to be more adiment about promoting Pete only b/c shippers have raised so much animosity against him. She admits that Jack will always be Sam's one true love. I don't underdstand why Jack can't just say, "Hey when this is all over, why don't you and me take a much-awaited trip out to my cabin?" One of the things that's really sparking some hope though is the fact that is only going to be in some episodes. So if he and Sam were to actually get married (perish the thought) or to pursue something lasting, they wouldn't just kick him off the show. Nor would they merely mention him in the background 'cause he's already made appearances. That's my wishful, logical thinking anyway.
      And how logical it is. Spock would be proud! It's very rare that wishful thinking and logical thought coincide!

Comment

Originally posted by Muldy_SG1
        I'll take that as a yes

I see you took away the suggestion that I sign the letter - was about to say my name's already there!! lol! But thanks anywayz!!
        I went back and checked and saw that you were already on the list. Don't want to leave anyone out.
        Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by CkiCki
          Sacme and Ship Nana, those are some pretty neat ideas for sigs you got there. They made me smile. See? Thanks for clearing up the whole shipper cookie deal! Now I know which ones are safe and which ones to avoid (for the time being- no offence Ship Nana; your cookies are excellent!) And I really like your sig, Muldy_SG1! I'm glad I'm not the only Prim'tah! ::waves hello to Muldy and Jimlad::
          XOXO
          Keep posting and you won't be a Prim'tah for long. Hehehehe
          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Muldy_SG1
            *Waves to Ckicki*

I used to post on the old forums but I kinda got lost when the new forums came and just haven't really had the time!! But I'm also glad to know i'm not the only primtah here!! *grins*!

Bring on season 8!! YAay I can't wait!! 1 Day, 13 hours, 11 minutes...and i dont have seconds on my clock lol!
            That's ok, I'll fill in the seconds for you!

1 Day, 11 hours, 23 minutes, 23 seconds
            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Token
              You know you've spent too much time on the Shipper Thread when you start dreaming about Sam and Jack. I swear this is true. Last night, I dreamed I was watching the season premiere, and it was full of shippiness. I was squealing in delight. To my utter disappointment, I woke up and realized I had only dreamed it. I was so distraught that I had a hard time going back to sleep. How pathetic is that? Don't answer.

If nothing else, I'll always have my shippy dreams.
              No it's not pathetic you are just seeing the future!!! How cooool is that?!
              Ship Nana

Comment

You know you've spent too much time on the Shipper Thread when you start dreaming about Sam and Jack. I swear this is true. Last night, I dreamed I was watching the season premiere, and it was full of shippiness. I was squealing in delight. To my utter disappointment, I woke up and realized I had only dreamed it. I was so distraught that I had a hard time going back to sleep. How pathetic is that? Don't answer.

If nothing else, I'll always have my shippy dreams.

LOVE THIS!!

I was all set to ship last night and my modem had a melt down and wouldn't let me on the net (must be trying to keep up with the stupendous number of posts around here ).
                Hey, there are lots of us primtah's around here (I can see that won't be lasting long....)
                IT'S NEARLY TIME (t= 31 hours and a bit and counting) *kiwigater desparately tries to keep expectations in check, but keeps eating the lime shipper cookies....*

Comment

Ok here is another positive thought!!

I read the interview with Michael Shanks that just got posted and when asked about another season he says and I quote here

"I think the writing on the wall is definitely there this year that this is probably our last year," the actor said. "It's got little to do with the stories that can be told and little to do with the enthusiasm of the people involved. I think it's got a lot more to do with financial factors, and the fact that we've spread our resources really thin by doing both series at the same time with the same group of people. ... I think the fans would love to see us go on for another year, but ..."

I think that this could be a good thing for Sam and Jack Ship.

Since this will probably be the last season TPTB will feel a need to bring closure to Sam and Jack. At least enough closure to bring us all back for a movie. Without some ship this season I can reasonably say that none of us will be suckered in for a movie!!!

So see Token, your dream is gonna come true!!!
                  Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                    Hey, there are lots of us primtah's around here (I can see that won't be lasting long....)
                    IT'S NEARLY TIME (t= 31 hours and a bit and counting) *kiwigater desparately tries to keep expectations in check, but keeps eating the lime shipper cookies....*
                    Sorry I missed ya in my prim'tah count! You and S. Nana are right, if we keep posting like this, prim'tah's will become extinct! (Unless there are some more lurkers who are willing to eat some red shipper cookies!) Keep the countdown going, the suspense builds as the *seconds* pass!
                    Teenager Wisdom: "There's no such thing as original thought anymore. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, melting them down into a giant melting pot of mediocrity." -Andy Spencer, CITIZEN JOE
                    CkiCki

Comment

Hi everyone
                      I have had trouble getting onto Gateworld again and have had to catch up with you all. Every time I have a problem logging on you start a new thread. I cannot believe how big this thread is and how popular. I watched “From Stargate to Atlantis” last night and as I live in England I will not tell you how then I don’t get into trouble, but I noticed that RDA actually says "apparently he is no threat to O’Neill” which is even more positive. The word apparently infers to me that RDA has been told how the story is going to pan out (I can hope can’t I). I read somewhere this week (cannot remember where, sign of old age) that a poll was taken to see how many Stargate viewers wanted Sam and Jack together and how many did not. Apparently over 60+% wished Sam and Jack to get together and only just over 30% didn’t, not 50/50 as we are constantly being told by TPTB. It seams to me that they risk loosing over 60% of their audience if they do not give us more ship, so I cannot understand the over publicizing of Sam’s relationship with he who shall not be named.

Isis
                      Thinking positive
                      Sam and Jack always
                      Isis
                      Jack and Sam forever

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                        No it's not pathetic you are just seeing the future!!! How cooool is that?!
                        Thanks, Ship Nana! I like the way you say that! If it's true the screen will be steaming!

I have to say that if we shippers can be happy with the "5 words" then we are going to have no problem with "New Order". We will be grabbing on to looks, smiles, and glances. It may not be much but for now I will take the crumbs.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Isis
                          Hi everyone
                          I have had trouble getting onto Gateworld again and have had to catch up with you all. Every time I have a problem logging on you start a new thread. I cannot believe how big this thread is and how popular.
                          Well, I'm glad you didn't get lost in the move!

I watched “From Stargate to Atlantis” last night and as I live in England I will not tell you how then I don’t get into trouble, but I noticed that RDA actually says "apparently he is no threat to O’Neill” which is even more positive. The word apparently infers to me that RDA has been told how the story is going to pan out (I can hope can’t I).
                          I'm hoping with you! We have the collective mantra, "Pete is no threat to O'Neill."

I read somewhere this week (cannot remember where, sign of old age) that a poll was taken to see how many Stargate viewers wanted Sam and Jack together and how many did not. Apparently over 60+% wished Sam and Jack to get together and only just over 30% didn’t, not 50/50 as we are constantly being told by TPTB. It seams to me that they risk loosing over 60% of their audience if they do not give us more ship, so I cannot understand the over publicizing of Sam’s relationship with he who shall not be named.

Isis
                          Thinking positive
                          Sam and Jack always
                          Oooh, I wish you could remember where you read that. That is really positive thinking! I was always suspicious of the 50/50 split. There is sooo much fanfic, videos, and, of course, us that pair up Sam and Jack. Maybe "Chernobyl" brought the 10% that was sitting the fence to our side. Therefore, we may get more with the upcoming episodes. I could handle a 70-80% S/J fandom.

Token ~

Comment

Ya know I was thinking there is a very good possibility that Jack and Sam will have a special moment in the season opener. Technically Jack's still resigned from the Air Force, so......
                            "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

Thanks, Ship Nana! I like the way you say that! If it's true the screen will be steaming!

I have to say that if we shippers can be happy with the "5 words" then we are going to have no problem with "New Order". We will be grabbing on to looks, smiles, and glances. It may not be much but for now I will take the crumbs.
                              Yep, I just know that we are gonna be thrilled with tomorrow night's premier, all 2 hours of it. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!

See how positive I can be? (of course it doesn't hurt to eat Blue, Purple and Orange Shipper Cookies alternatingly dipping them in Blue Margaritas)
                              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Yep, I just know that we are gonna be thrilled with tomorrow night's premier, all 2 hours of it. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!

See how positive I can be? (of course it doesn't hurt to eat Blue, Purple and Orange Shipper Cookies alternatingly dipping them in Blue Margaritas)
                                DO you realise what you said!!! TOMORROW NIGHT'S PREMIERE
                                Work?? who can work when there's so much fun to be had around here??
                                yuuumm, lots of shipper cookies and blue margaritas

Comment

Working...
                                X