This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kazan
    I couldn't resist and watched Threads again tonight!

Have to say
    Spoiler:
    the infirmary scene does it for me. Thought it was wonderfully emotionally intimate and pitched just at the right level, soft and sensual. As others have said it would have been inappropriate at the moment of Jacobs death to get into the big discussion. As it was, the tenderness and connection there was so clear. No barriers - they just fell away. I felt from then on in, there was a move forward by them both. In the past we may have reached an emotional point but as soon as the moment passes, they seemed to retreat back into their shells and back to hiding from each other. OK so we didn't actually see what came after but I just didn't sense that they went backwards. I think it was their joint epiphany in that respect. The evidence in my mind was the comfortable way they were at the end whilst fishing. Clearly, TPTB are happy to allow us all to use our imagination to fill in what we think happened between the infirmary scene and the end. Thats whats so interesting and I guess why there are lots of views. Oh I bet there will be loads to fan fic to cover all that - can't wait.

Anyway, finally big thanks to everyone for comments etc. Been really interesting to see all the thoughts.
    yeah i know what you mean

Spoiler:
    i do think this was agood part of Jacob's death scene as you could tell that it was symbolic of the fact that now that Jacob was gone it was Jack that was going to take care of her and make her happy from now on

and sueKay is cooking up one of those explaining FF right now!!

Comment

Hey everyone, just something I noticed about Threads
      Spoiler:
      Jacob says 'I'm ready' to the Tok'ra paying their respects *after* he can see Sam and Jack hugging. Just a thought, because I'm convinced Jacob was trying to get them together as his final act in this ep...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
        OKay people ehers' the fanfic I promiced earlier- I have to say it's not great, lol, it's quite bad actually- I'll put it in spoiler thingys just in case but i don't think there's anything major it could be just another fanfic. So eher yo go- let me knwo what you think.

<snip>
        Really sweet and funny

And your sig is great too
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Awwww ((Sam fan)) that was great!

Comment

Hey gang...I am out of town, but finally got in to check on what happened with Threads yesterday. And now I am seeing little bits and pieces and am a bit confused and a bit disappointed. I won't go into detail because I won't see Threads for another 5 weeks myself ;o)

Just a quick thanks to those who have posted little spoilers on this new thread because it looks like Gateworld was down for quite a while as I was travelling yesterday. No skiing for me this year, too many knee surgeries, but I am enjoying my little vacation in the mountains regardless. Just hoping for a kiss or something to look forward to as season 8 winds down.

Hugs to the shipper family!

Comment

(((Sam Fan)))

I absolutely love your little fic! So cute and very funny!
              Thank you so much!
              Wanted to rep you, but I can't.

And yes... please give us more!!!!

Comment

Caty I would Love to have
                Spoiler:
                Jacob Saved.I wanted Jacob around when Sam and Jack are together.Threads sounds Great and I do not want to sound greedy but it will be tough for me to be 100% Happy until with see a real Sam and Jack Kiss and hear an I love You and see a nice bed scene.I do not expect to see a Marriage or Children but seeing the 3 things I mentioned should not be to much to expect.I wanted to say thanks to TPTB for Threads and I hope I did not bring anyone down.

Comment

Aloha peoples

Well i just watched Threads for the 2nd time

Spoiler:
                  OH MY GOODNESS...THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!
                  Robert C Cooper is now my hero!!
                  i honestly wasnt expecting that much confrontation and in ya face stuff...but it was soooooo worth the wait!!

No kiss was needed in this ep..i m hoping we get something in Moebius tho.
                  "Always" was the most perfect thing to say..
                  A commitment to be with her always....and this is why i think if in moebius they are together together than its going to be more intense!

well i m outta here

toodles and hugs always
                  Bee!
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                  http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                  http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    Caty I would Love to have
                    Spoiler:
                    Jacob Saved.I wanted Jacob around when Sam and Jack are together..

Spoiler:
                    why cant Jacob ascend then?, hes definitely pure of heart
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                    http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                    http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Everyone just alittle reminder! Amanda is due next month (to give birth to her baby that is) I'm so exited about that I cannot wait to see what it is and what it's called and see what it looks like (depending on amanda wanting us to see him/her) Yay amanda!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                        Everyone just alittle reminder! Amanda is due next month (to give birth to her baby that is) I'm so exited about that I cannot wait to see what it is and what it's called and see what it looks like (depending on amanda wanting us to see him/her) Yay amanda!!!
                        Yeah, I so hope that everything goes well and that she will have a healthy little baby.
                        (((Amanda)))

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          FCOL!

Spoiler:
                          This is precisely why sometimes this thread pisses me off.

Everyone's happy...someone posts one post and the next second it's doom and gloom...

I for one loved threads...and they didn't need to say ' I love you' plus...I don't think it's appropriate for Jack to say that to her in the final moments of her father's life.

END RANT
                          Well Sue....

*deep breath*

I, and some others, must not have gotten the memo that said only extremely happy and giddy opinions were to be posted here.

And I'm very happy you loved the show. I'm sure I'll *LOVE* it too once it gets aired here in the U.S. a month or so from now.

But please don't get on my back, or anyone else's in this thread, about posting opinions that are different than yours. I think this thread went through enough BS at the end of October, don't you think?

I know I appreciate hearing *everyone's* opinions here, including yours, and love to read the variety of viewpoints everyone holds because they're usually intriguing and thought-provoking. I really hate to think posters might feel afraid to throw their thoughts out there for fear someone will post back nasty comments on the tone or content of their post.

((suekay))
                          Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 09 February 2005, 04:05 PM.
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

i got porblem i just spent the last 2 hours downloading the threads chips from i think its catys site. any way i am watching the vid and its on the last 2 mins were sam goes to jack house to tell him some thing and just when she about to say it. i saw the door open i think i know who it is but i stop the vid right there and i don't think i want to watch that part.

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
                              i got porblem i just spent the last 2 hours downloading the threads chips from i think its catys site. any way i am watching the vid and its on the last 2 mins were sam goes to jack house to tell him some thing and just when she about to say it. i saw the door open i think i know who it is but i stop the vid right there and i don't think i want to watch that part.

and the problem is.....?

Comment

Oh and Lord-Anubis, please don't forget the spoiler-tags....

Comment

Working...
                                X