This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueiris
    Ok, I asked this question a few days ago but it got lost with the "sam getting married" news. Or maybe its just crazy anyway and not worth repeating, but I'm asking again. So:

What if they do both versions of Threads in such a way that it is the deciding factor on how to interpretate the following episodes. What I mean is: Version 1 (shorter) - leaves Sam and Jack open to inperpretation, or like always with an "I know" and interruptions, and Version 2 (90 min.) - contains the scenes that resolve the Sam and Jack issue and brings them together. Then the following episodes could be interpretated accordingly to which version you watched. Then TPTB only show the shorter version, but include the longer version on the dvd.

This is *not* what I want. I want Sam and Jack to be a certainty. But do you think its possible they would do that???????

Ya know that could be what they do...BUT it may be that they play the 90 minute version for Sci-Fi and then leave the choice up to the syndication to play the 60 or 90 minute version. I definitely believe it will be on the DVD.

I seriously hope that it is 90 minutes PERIOD so they can tell both stories in the episode well instead of chopping them up the way it has been. AND I hope it is the resolution/start to Sam & Jack that we all want and that will end all of the speculation of will they get together.

Writers for years have written couples in action/adventure and it is sad to think that the writers for SG1 aren't up to the challenge
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Welcome majorsamcarteroneill have some cookies that Ship Nana will give you I think you'll love her latest new donut
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        I don't think it is a case of *Shippers* not liking Teyla.....because I too like her... It is more some of the Shipper Family don't like her that is all. Just like we have some family members that like Pete BUT they just don't like him with Sam

So no worries _Anubis ...it is just feelings about a character carring over that is all
        OK I'm not worried I was just wondering.That is all I'm just back from my guitarlesson
        Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          Sam - "Pete, I'm sick of you, get out."

Pete - "Sam!... that hurt my feelings."

Sam - "You'll survive." *picks up phone to call Jack* "Buh-bye, Pete."

Sally, apprentice to Caty PTB
          LOL! I love that subtle, romantic side of you!
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear you got lost in TPTB & Cult Times madness

Ya know that could be what they do...BUT it may be that they play the 90 minute version for Sci-Fi and then leave the choice up to the syndication to play the 60 or 90 minute version. I definitely believe it will be on the DVD.

I seriously hope that it is 90 minutes PERIOD so they can tell both stories in the episode well instead of chopping them up the way it has been. AND I hope it is the resolution/start to Sam & Jack that we all want and that will end all of the speculation of will they get together.

Writers for years have written couples in action/adventure and it is sad to think that the writers for SG1 aren't up to the challenge
            As far as the 90 minute version of Threads goes, when I was watching the Heroes commentary, they said that it was only supposed to be one part but that there was too much good material to cut so they ended up with two parts... Maybe that's what threads will do...

Comment

good morning sam and jack. Did you have a good sleep. Here is your breakfast in bed. I shall close the door on my way out.

Comment

Just wanted to say hi to all the newbies, and welcome back to all the..um..oldies!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  LOL! I love that subtle, romantic side of you!
                  Me too !
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Hi chums. Here's my shippy pic of the day....

sigpic

Comment

If I remember correctly Sam & Jack got to Major Clanger's shiplets before she could shield their eyes ...LOL ..there were even some wonderful drawings done........... Or was that Feli's Shiplets... isn't it amazing how ALL of the kids seem to *know*
                      The drawings were definately MC's shiplets. .....wanders off to see if they are still up on her site...

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz

Just wanted to say hi to all the newbies, and welcome back to all the..um..oldies!!
                        "Oldies"! Hey, I resemble, I mean, resent that remark!

And I would like to add my welcome to all the newly delurked shippers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          Good thinking. I don't like Teyla or Pete, so maybe they would be a good couple.
                          I'm not crazy about either one of them - maybe they could both buy the farm saving Atlantis together. We could make heroes of them,pleasing many people and make they GONE, pleasing others (me)
                          sigpic
                          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            Well I usually fall a sleep half way thru Atlantis, so as long as Pete is in the last half of the show, I'm ok.
                            I thought I was the only one. I'm trying to give it a chance but can't keep my eyes open. And it's not the wine intake either. End Game didn't even keep me awake, drifted off while
                            Spoiler:
                            O'Neill was talking to Daniel after Carter was beamed aboard Osiris Trust ship.
                            Was this episode lame or is it me?
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                              I thought I was the only one. I'm trying to give it a chance but can't keep my eyes open. And it's not the wine intake either. End Game didn't even keep me awake, drifted off while
                              Spoiler:
                              O'Neill was talking to Daniel after Carter was beamed aboard Osiris Trust ship.
                              Was this episode lame or is it me?
                              LOL! Most of it was but you did miss Carter (Endgame S8)
                              Spoiler:
                              kicking butt with both hands tied behind her back.... Of course, she was wearing the catsuit and heels at the time so maybe you are better off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                                I'm not crazy about either one of them - maybe they could both buy the farm saving Atlantis together. We could make heroes of them,pleasing many people and make they GONE, pleasing others (me)
                                me too...
                                i can't stand either...
                                teyla is a wooden plank and pete is a potato
                                sigpic
                                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X