Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone looked at the number of views of this thread?

It's something like 57,000 +!!!!!!

There are some serious lurkers out there!
    Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by sacme
      ...WAS!

ship sistah
      Does this mean you CAVED and read it.......say it isn't so Ship Sistah.....

Actually Auralan aluded as well tot he same spoiler quite awhile back when the Threads spoilers were first coming out and it hasn't changed all that much from what she said soooo maybe they aren't going to make very many changes to THAT scene
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Isis
        I am still a little worried about Threads

Spoiler:
        The scene described sounds like another UST scene, which would not be so bad if we were sure that everything would turn out OK. But we have had scenes like this in the past when something happens to stop them declaring how they feel about each other. I hope Sam does not leave Jacks house feeling that she has lost Jack and it is to late. As her feelings for Jack are probably one of the factors which are making her question going ahead with the wedding, I am worried that she may feel Jack is no longer available and maybe his feelings have changed over the last few years since D&C, which may influence her decision. I do not think I could cope with a storyline which continues the same way we have been going the last couple of years with them nearly getting there but not quite. Please TPTB give us a brake. Please get them together no more interruptions or misunderstandings we are fed up with this way of writing Sam and Jacks relationship. They should be cuddled up in bed after a nice romantic resolution
        And if she had enough chutzpah to finally go to Jack's house
        Spoiler:

& start this seemingly adult convo, she should just go ahead & finish it dang it. Call him on the carpet & demand an answer! Don't let Kerry's presence stop her. Go on the warpath!

S: Jack? What's this?
        J: What's what?
        S: You didn't want anyone to know about this?
        J: uhhhhmmmm.... well, y'know it might not look so good....
        S(indignant): That's damn right I know! You've been avoiding us for the past 4 years for the same reason FCOL!
        J: Now Sam, calm down...
        S: Don't you tell me to calm down! Jack, answer me, right here, right now... do you feel ANYTHING for me? Are you going to do ANYTHING about it?!
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Spoilers Season 8 "Threads"
          I thank all of you who gave us any information on this episode. The part I am interested in is the conversation between Jacob and Sam and how does the episode end, but I guess there isn't enough money in the world to find that out.

By the way, my thanks to Darren and all his hard work. I have been unable to post or to read most of the conversations going on here, but as of today all (dare I say it) seems well. I really don't know what I will do if I see that error message again. I have so missed my shipper family. I am happy to report though that I made it through Affinity without any major ailments, I just fast forwarded through all the Sam and Pete stuff and watched the rest, so in my world nothing happened..........

I agree, we have so been here before. Boy for writers who didn't want to turn a sci-fi show into a soap opera they aren't doing too well.

We were told in Grace that Sam was unsure of Jacks feelings for her and her feelings for him, well if that is the case than I don't want anyone to rescue these guys I want them both to realize that nothing should stand in the way of their happiness and their love for each other. These people are adults and yet they are playing games like they are children. What is Sam afraid of, finding out that Jack doesn't have feelings for her? So, marrying Pete is a much better idea, how? That is what she could do if Jack did tell her he didn't have feelings for her, so how is she any better? What, this way she can still stand and stare at him with longing eyes. And Jack, he can come and find out what is wrong with her because he misses her, and when she starts bringing up personal things when they are all alone, he couldn't have asked Sam, what about us? What, he is afraid she will get mad, so it is better to not say anything and have her marry someone she doesn't really love .......and he is better off, how? Oh, I get it than he could still stare longingly at her.

If this is episode l7, there is only three episodes left after Threads, so one episode would have to be Sam walking down the aisle (being sarcastic here) with Jacob and just as Jacob gives (yuk) Sam to Pete, Thor beams Sam up where Jack is waiting and suddenly he is able to speak and confess his love. I think I am going to be sick. I don't want this!!!!!!!!!!! Again, I want them both to come to the realization that they want to be together, that they need to be together, and that they will do everything in their power to not let anything stand in their way in order to be together. But the first thing that they have to do is grow-up!!!!!!!

As far as TPTB are concerned angsty scenes are great for awhile, but 8 years is beyond ridiculous. Now the characters are looking stupid and childish. They are not the strong, independent, responsible, loving, caring people that we have come to know.

Sorry for the long post, but it has been a long time. Again, I have soooooo missed you guys, but I always felt your spirit. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
            My 2 cents worth is that we send a coffee cup to JM. Not sure he would wear a t-shirt but he would probably drink something out of the mug!

I'll go along with whatever the majority wants though.

P.S. - I just got an email my shirt, mug and mousepad have been shipped. Can't wait to receive them. Thanks Ship sistah for a job well done!!
            Oh Ship Nana you are SO RIGHT...He may use the coffee cup A WHOLE LOT MORE!!!
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Has anyone looked at the number of views of this thread?

It's something like 57,000 +!!!!!!

There are some serious lurkers out there!
              Not all of it's lurkers. I don't feel the need to respond to a post every time I look at the thread.
              *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                yeah, she was pulling him into it by the end. and grace shows she does want to kiss him..i mean, who doesn't? i cannot see how anyone can see WoO and think she doesn't want it? it just befuddles me. these people who think that obviously no nothing about romance and a really good kiss.
                In WoO Sam was so into THAT it is NOT FUNNY....What woman IN HER RIGHT MIND would NOT WANT RDA to DIP AND KISS her.......PLEASE

ok I do know there are a few who do not find RDA attractive....but this question is for all of you THAT DO and AT has made it VERY clear that both SHE AND SAM DO

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                  Spoilers for Threads
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm hop
                  Spoiler:
                  ing with that, that Kerry won't be directly involved with the day-to-day running of the SGC, so that there wouldn't be the opportunity for their relationship to interfere with it, wheras I can see how there would be a stronger chance of that happening if Sam & Jack were together....it's a weak excuse though, they're more professional than that.
                  Still, while the regs stop Jack & Sam, I don't think they apply to Kerry, she's a civilian, isn't she? It does set a precedent though, if Jack does decide to run the SGC as a civilian, so that TPTB have no excuse not to let Sam & Jack be together.

Sorry if that doesn't make an awful lot of sense, I'm just sort of rambling...
                  I think any *NEW* characters are going to be *One Episode Wonders* from now on...or at the very least only in for the Story Arc.....the only one that gets the distinction of RUINING the show for us is Pete ......isn't that special

Comment

Here we go again, another interrupted conversation.

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILL TPTB EVER LET THESE 2 FINISH A CONVERSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for yelling!
                    That is apparently THE ONLY way these guys know how to write......apparently the class must have been constantly interuppted and the learning process was choppy at best......

did you notice the sarcasm ????

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                      Not all of it's lurkers. I don't feel the need to respond to a post every time I look at the thread.

I guess I call anyone who reads but doesn't ever post here a lurker. Is that the correct definition?

If so, I know not all are lurkers but with just a bit over 4,000 posts and a bit over 57,000 views thats alot of people reading and not posting considering that a few of us are frequent posters.

It was just something that I noticed.
                      Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Isis
                        I am still a little worried about Threads

Spoilers(please highlight and read)
                        The scene described sounds like another UST scene, which would not be so bad if we were sure that everything would turn out OK. But we have had scenes like this in the past when something happens to stop them declaring how they feel about each other. I hope Sam does not leave Jacks house feeling that she has lost Jack and it is to late. As her feelings for Jack are probably one of the factors which are making her question going ahead with the wedding, I am worried that she may feel Jack is no longer available and maybe his feelings have changed over the last few years since D&C, which may influence her decision. I do not think I could cope with a storyline which continues the same way we have been going the last couple of years with them nearly getting there but not quite. Please TPTB give us a brake. Please get them together no more interruptions or misunderstandings we are fed up with this way of writing Sam and Jacks relationship. They should be cuddled up in bed after a nice romantic resolution
                        As much as I like the way you think TPTB can not seem to bring themselves to *ACTUALLY * do anything that would be nice for Sam & Jack....only every other Tom -Dick & Pete....

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                          well, it's not much point having a season nine if all of us have got sick of the wait for the ship to be resolved, and have gone to watch alias instead. they going to have give the shippers a pretty big something, and disappear if they want us to continue into season 9
                          Originally posted by waterfall
                          Bite your tongue, girl!!! Them's almost bad words!!!
                          But... michelle, IMHO they really don't care so much about certain segments of SG fans. They do care enough about the overall fanbase to protect their product to sell more DVD's & other merchandise & increase their syndication run into the coming decades... but otherwise... IMHO we (on-line BB posters) are still a very small (however vocal) part of their, what, 10 million person (U.S.) viewer base? If they decide there is still more & bigger SG $ to be made (& that's what it's going to boil down to... not the actor's availability or keeping SG a quality product), then IMO there's going to most certainly be an S9 & they won't care who doesn't like that they will try to squeeze another year out of S/J ship.

Waterfall... them's not meant to be bad words ... I only know if they decide on an S9, given their now 8-year documented history on this... they're not likely to resolve S/J ship. Conflict & non-resolution is just too lucrative.

And, Shipper Family, don't get me wrong & misinterpret my tone or sentiment. I want resolution. I don't want to wait 'til the end of the dang 8th season (a half a dang year away) to get it either. After watching the full D&C Monday night - the resolution should have been at that time... not here 4 more years later....
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            That is apparently THE ONLY way these guys know how to write......apparently the class must have been constantly interuppted and the learning process was choppy at best......

did you notice the sarcasm ????
                            Or maybe in writing school the writers were absent when they covered "finishing conversations between two characters who want to have an adult conversation about their feelings for each other".

Or maybe the writers keep get interrupted when they are writing the script and then forget their place and never finish writing the scene.

Or maybe they have never had an adult conversation themselves. (I know that one's a low blow - so I appologize in advance.)

But ya know this is just not that hard a thing to do!!!

There are how many novice fanfic writers out there who have done it so why can't these professionals do it?
                            Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by auralan
                              I posted a summary of it, but I can't post a transcript like Caty did. If you want to see the summary click on my name and search for my posts. It's in there somewhere.
                              I thought you had quite early on in the spoilers....and I thought to that this was pretty close to the summary you gave so it sounds like not many changes have made to this particular scene..
                              I don't know if that is good or bad.....because I just don't see TPTB doing anything remotely as good for Sam & Jack as they have done for Sam & Pete

No major lip locks...no declarations of love.....no ADULT conversations.....just the same ole UST re-written over and over again.........

Comment

Originally posted by getcarter
                                LOL! Obviously read Mei Mei's stuff can't beat it!!! But, if you go to Marimba's site, she has a link to Sally Reeves and Sue Corkill. I've been reading Sue's all week.
                                I will HIGHLY recommend Mei Mei's writing !!!!!!!!!!! Marimba HERSELF has written A Story SO CHECK THAT OUT TOO!!!!!

as well as Ruralstar on top of the other authors listed on Marimba's site

Comment

Working...
                                X