Stargate Top 25 Babes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=SimilarCadence]Topics of Discussion

I think having two female characters in Atlantis (or any show) is great. The only problem I can see in Atlantis is when the writers play "sweetheart matchup". First they seem to be matching up Teyla/Shep and then they seem to be switching to Weir/Shep----it creates a lot of ugly factions among fans. If they have to do it at all, then either be definite about it or don't do
    it all, writers. We're not in highschool anymore.
    Agree with you 100%...It is childish and its just creating a lot of negative fan effects and thus many are choosing one or the other....not fair to both actressess who have shown they are phenomenal....

I don't necessarily think SG-1 has to have two female leads, but I would certainly accept it if they decided to go in that direction, providing the second female character fits into the SG-1 "make-up". In other words, if it makes sense for that character to join, having some military, scientific or academic expertise that actually adds to the team. Having said that, my answer to the question of Vala being a team member is "No". She's very popular, I know, but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing I've seen so far that would justify making her a member of SG-1.....

So, true....They already have Lam too....Vala is just not what the show needs in my opinion...I can't even see her together with Sam.....Can you imagine....

I think the reason is that Janet had much more warmth and passion than we've seen in Dr. Lam so far, but that may change the longer Lam is in the series and the more LD fleshes her out as a character. My personal favorite is Janet though because I know her better and I like her personality better. Familiarity wins out in this case.....

You said this better than I ever did...I do miss Janet!

Because she's Carter and Replicarter is not. Replicarter is interesting because she's the dark side of Sam, but she's still only a shadow of the original....

And it may for great character...Sam's face but an evil one...smarter, but a little more intriguing in some ways than Sam....And it was great to see Amanda play both roles...great acting....kinda of like the whole Sheppard thing in Conversion...always interesting to see another side of our favorite characters....makes for great stories...

I actually like both the actresses who have played Weir, but since I'm more familiar with TH as Elizabeth, I'll stick with her. I especially like her character growth this season---much more a leader than she seemed to be last season. If there were some way to bring Jessica Steen back into the Stargate fold as a different character (hey, they've done it with other actors), I'd be all for it....

Very similar to my posting..although I think Jessica would have define Weir's role much differently than Torri is doing....I think Jessica would be a lot more tougher and show less interest in Sheppard than Torri is....I can't explain it but I just think it would have happened that way....I think she would have been great right from the beginning...But, like I said, Torri is growing on me and is coming around with Weir's role.

Beautifully said, SimilarCadence....

With the exception of the Weir's comments, you and I have similar opinions....

Hope this helps.....
    sigpic

Comment

1) I think that Teyla and Weir are great characters and great characters are what is helping SGA. However, I do enjoy the different variables that having a extra woman in the primary cast can make. Some people tend to want the writers to pick a direction for relationships and go with it. Personally, I like ambiguity and things looking one way one week and another the next. That tends to be more true to life.

I beleive that SG-1 should add another character to the team. I think it would help give a new look and dimension to SG-1 that it has never had if the charcater was female. Since the loss of Janet I feel a need for another strong female charcater and Lam doesn't yet strike me as being ready. We'll talk more about that later.

I also beleive that SG-1 has been split up alot in groups of varying versions 2-1-1....1-1-1-1......2-2. I think alot of the negative comments about SG-1 revolve around the lack of a team feeling, and that another character could have the team splits being 3-2...4-1....2-2-1...etc and have more people together at once,...more dynamics.

Now, from some of my other posts you may know that I belive that this season is great because it is laying foundation for a lot of characters and alot of plotlines. So, I beleive the 5th charcater is not necessary if they move the direction I am hoping they do. If it stays like this over time then i feel a 5th charcater is needed.

The character does not necessarily need to be female, but I think since there has been a strong female who made her self present that she would fit right in. Vala, yes Vala should be the 5th member if there is to be a 5th member. If not, a regular like Bra'tac, and Jacob. In the 1st few episodes I was like "when is Sam coming back,...please bring her back". Over time, Vala did grow on me and i think that she could provide a very practical use to the SGC. SHe has knowledge about the galaxy, She knows of the Lucian alliance, she was a Gao'uld, and .........SPOILERS....(1 spoiler sentence will be coming them I will write end spoilers)
      SPoilers.......

Spoilers>>>>>>>>

will return with knowledge of the Orii.

End SPoilers

Mitchell, Vala needs a patch.

2) I never really realized how much I liked Dr. Frasier until she was gone. I am a fairly unemotional guy and I got teary eyed at the end of Heroes 2.

Janet had confidence and I also liked that she was willing to go to battle with her teams. I just watched a episode where Janets puts on the camoflauge and a machine gun. A doctor who does that can examine me any day.

I also feel that often Lam is in way over here head, while Janet--eve
      n if she was not sure what the problem was, would give you a feeling of confidence. Lam tends to give up to easily to me. Plus, she often stood up to Hammond and O'neill and told them what to do,...I cannot see Lam having the confidence to do that or having people listen to her yet.

3) Well I think Carter is doing better then the replicator because she is smarter, more emotional, and sweet. Period

4) Typically, when a show changes the actor/actress of a part it turns me off. That did not happen in this case. Tori struck me as Dr. Weir from the start. that is saying alot, because I actually enjoyed jessica Steen's version of Weir. I just feel like the current Dr. Weir is more in charge and gets me more emotionally involved on her own. I felt that the situation helped give Jessica a boost because we needed a hero at that point of the show. It was shortly after heroes and then Hammond was taken from us...and she helped out at a time of need. I think that helped me like her, whereas Tori has done it on her own.
      Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

I disagree,...I would love to see Sam and Vala together. They are so different in so many aspects that I would enjoy the interaction. I think it would be sorta what people are saying Weir and Teyla are missing.
        Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 males of stargate

Comment

Current Poll Updated 9/19/05

1) Col. Samantha Carter (674pts) 2) Teyla (594) ^ 3) Dr. Weir (584)

4) Dr. Fraiser (574) 5) Osirus (535) 6) Vala Mal Duran (500)

7) Dr. Lam (427) 8) Anise (403) 9) Sora (393)

10) Dr. Heightmeyer (390) 11) Ishta (373) 12) Lt. Cadman (326)

12) Charlotte Mayfield (326) ( 14) Hathor (317) 15) Sha're (284)

16) Ayiana (259) 17) Krista (215) 18) Nirrti (186)

19) Oma Dasala (154) 20) Replicarter (165) 21) Shau'nac (161)

22) Katie Brown (160) 23) Ancient Hologram (120) 24) Kerry Johnson (112)

25) Reese (115)

Others: These characters have recieved votes, but not enough to crack the top 25.

Lya (49), Tenis raymond, Mellin, Lt. Claire Tobias, Garshaw (42), Chaya (72) Rosha, Waitress from Holiday (2), Lt. Satterfield (26), Wraith Keeper
          (10), Technician Davis, Drey'auc (60), Kynthia (36) Ryac's Wife (33), Dr. Simpson (11),Dr. Markova (62), Dr. Kusanagi, The original Dr. Weir (38), Kynthia (36), Zarah (23), Sellis (13), Rosha (34) Cadet Hailey (64), Cassandra (87), Sarah O'neill (17), Kendra (16) (Former Gaou'ld from Thor's Hammer), Gairwyn (15) (Thor's Hammer), Catherine Langford (14), Saroosh (13), Kal'el (12), Dr. Francine michael's (6), Shallan (5), Lindsey Novak (4), Maj. Erin Gant (3), Young Linnea (2), Allina (23), Sha're (from the movie) (20), Duplicate Carter (18), Cpt. Varonakova (14), Kali (13), Bastet (12), Moebius Carter (10), Catherine Langford (The Movie) (6), Amonet (4), Blonde that Apophis takes in "Children of the Gods" (3) .

Top 25 males of stargate

Comment

Originally posted by GenHammondsBarber
            Do you think have 2 regular female characters helps or hurts Atlantis?
            Teyla doesn't do much for me BUT anything that brings more strong female characters to TV is okay with this guy.
            Do you think SG-1 should do the same? Who should the extra regular female character be? (Vala)?
            A cloned Dr. Janet Fraiser perhaps?
            Dr. Frasier is currently getting more support then Dr. Lam. Lam is close but fairly consistently behind in people's individual polls. Why do we think Frasier has more support then Lam?
            Uh...because she can act? Because her part was better written? Because Teryl Rothery is heartbreakingly beautiful, communicative & humane, and had terrific chemistry with almost everyone on the show? All of the above?
            Carter and Replicarter are played by the same person. However, Carter is our #1,...and Replicarter is in the 20's and sometimes not on the poll. What makes Carter rank higher then Replicarter?
            Well, Sam isn't a cold, unfeeling, murderous robot bent on galactic conquest—and RepliCarter is. Just a guess.
            What makes the current Dr. Weir better then the original? Anyone wish they kept the original?
            Torri Higginson has, among other things, tremendous poise & tensile strength, not to mention a nobility that marks Dr. Weir as a leader. I didn't get any of that from Jessica Steen, although she had several appealing qualities of her own. But, no, I'm happy the change was made.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Camy

Very similar to my posting..although I think Jessica would have define Weir's role much differently than Torri is doing....I think Jessica would be a lot more tougher and show less interest in Sheppard than Torri is....I can't explain it but I just think it would have happened that way....I think she would have been great right from the beginning...But, like I said, Torri is growing on me and is coming around with Weir's role......

With the exception of the Weir's comments, you and I have similar opinions....
              What I appreciate about you is the fact that you don't mind if we don't have all the same opinions! Thanks, Camy....

Comment

Current Poll Updated 9/19/05
                You forgot Anna/Sekhmet from Resurrection, who should have at least 16 points.

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
                  What I appreciate about you is the fact that you don't mind if we don't have all the same opinions! Thanks, Camy....

Unlike many, I can live with differences in opinion...after all I do have a husband... and yet we live very happy together....

So, yes...I can agree to disagree, very respectfully...
                  Thanks for the comment...
                  sigpic

Comment

1. Col. Sam Carter
                    2. Vala
                    3. Dr. Elizabeth Weir
                    4. Dr. Janet Frasier
                    5. Anise
                    6. Osiris
                    7. Oma Desala
                    8. Nirti
                    9. Ayiana
                    10. Chaya Sar (SGA: Sanctuary)
                    11. Ishta
                    12. Hathor
                    13. Sho'nac
                    14. Sora
                    15. Reese
                    18. Teyla
                    19. Dr. Carolyn Lam
                    20. Lt. Cadman
                    21. Drey'auc
                    22. Replicarter
                    23. Katie Brown
                    24. Lindsey Novak
                    25. Kal'el
                    Teal'c--what's with the hair?

Comment

2) Dr. Frasier is currently getting more support then Dr. Lam. Lam is close but fairly consistently behind in peole's individual polls. Why do we think Frasier has more support then lam?
                      Frasier was there first. Many people build an affection for a character and find it hard to like their replacement, at least at first. The problem is, comparisons will be made and the new character generally hasn't had time to build a bond with the audience. In this particular case, there is also the factor that Lam generally has a sour face. It is unattractive and hopefully it will change soon, because she really is quite lovely.

3) Ok, Carter and Replicarter are played by the same person. However, Carter is our #1,...and Replicarter is in the 20's and sometimes not on the poll. What makes Carter rank higher then Replicarter?
                      Sexiness is an attitude and subjective. It is generally not just looks, but personality. RepliCarter is cold and that doesn't usually promote a sexual response.

4) What makes the current Dr. Weir better then the original? Anyone wish they kept the original?
                      I preferred the original, but the new Weir is growing on me. In this case, the original wasn't around long enough to form an attachment with the audience [and it appeared that she was taking a beloved character's place]. I liked the original Weir actress from other parts she played.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                        ...Torri is a very talented and attractive woman...for me, she is starting to turn Weir around and make her into the leader that I would like to see her be...but, as far as Jessica Steen...I am in no way shape or form implying that Jessica should have stayed for the role...but when I first saw her as Weir, I knew and recognize the actress and I have followed her roles for many years and love her acting....So......

Well, I might get myself into trouble for this one...so I will keep this simple...
                        I know Jessica Steen and I have followed her career for awhile...She plays strong female character roles and she does them very well...She can fight and she can talk...she is smart and she can really set the tone...I don't know if people recognized her from Earth2...I used to love that Show...you have no idea...and I love it because of her character and Antonio Sabato Jr...who I had a major teenage crush back then....Come to think about it the leader of that show was a female and she reminds me so much of Torri....also Jessica Steen came out in Armageddon...with Bruce Willis and BEn Affleck..minor character, she was the co-pilot but she was awesome...and when I tell you about strong female character, check her out in the small scenes that she comes out...she rocks...
                        but anyways, back to the question....I guess those of us who like Jessica Steen can see her play Weir's role with a more defined role than Torri...I think Torri is coming around with Weir's character...and I think eventually she is growing on me...but at the beginning I would have preferred Jessica Steen, only because I know her and I really like her as an actress and could see her playing this role beautifully and perfectly...(please don't bite my head off for this)....but if the change would be made now, I think it would be too weird since I feel that Torri is doing just fine. So, this is just my opinion, but I am not a supporter of making Jessica Steen come back.
                        I pretty much agree with all of this. Difference? I didn't have the Sabato crush. LOL. I do love Jessica Steen and everything I remember her from, she did play a strong female role. [Did you see her in Homefront? A show about families post WWII?]
                        I also agree that Torri is settling into the role. I like her more this year than last and hopefully, she'll continue to grow in my estimation [not that she cares, LOL - it would just make viewing more pleasurable for me.]

Comment

I’m a woman, but I can appreciate other women’s beauty [and sexiness and babe-ness]
                          A partial list, because I'm lazy...

#1 = Sam – beautiful. Just beautiful. And I adore her smile.

#2 = Teyla – I like her toughness and her loyalty. Her clothes don’t bother me, but I think she is sexier when she wears the military greens [BDU’s? something like that]

#3 = Osiris

#4 = The original Elizabeth Weir [Jessica Stein]

#5 = Vala

#6 = Elizabeth Weir

#7 = Janet

#8 = Carolyn Lam – could definitely move up if she would chill out and smile sometimes

Comment

Well to put my top ten in:
                            10. Dr Lam
                            9. Vala
                            8. Dr Frasier
                            7. Allina (The Brotherhood)
                            6. Ayiana
                            5. Chaya Sar (Sanctuary)
                            4. First Officer (SGA S2 Aurora, I agree with McKay, she is hot)
                            3. Carter
                            2. Teyla
                            1. Sora

Comment

7. Allina (The Brotherhood)
                              Sweet! More points for Allina. ^_^

Comment

Current Poll Updated 9/25/05

1) Col. Samantha Carter (747pts) 2) Teyla (653) ^ 3) Dr. Weir (642)

4) Dr. Fraiser (604) 5) Osirus (593) 6) Dr. Lam (573)

7) Vala Mal Duran (563) 8) Anise (453) 9) Sora (447)

10) Dr. Heightmeyer (419) 11) Ishta (414) 12) Lt. Cadman (358)

12) Charlotte Mayfield (358) ( 14) Hathor (353) 15) Ayiana (305)

16) Sha're (301) 17) Oma Dasala (261) 18) Krista (228)

19)Nirrti (216) 20) Replicarter (181) 21) Shau'nac (180)

22) Katie Brown (169) 23) Reese (128) 24)Ancient Hologram (122)

25) Kerry Johnson (112)

Others: These characters have recieved votes, but not enough to crack the top 25.

Lya (49), Tenis raymond, Mellin, Lt. Claire Tobias, Garshaw (42), Chaya (110) Rosha, Waitress from Holiday (2), Lt. Satterfield (26), Wraith Keeper
                                (10), Technician Davis, Drey'auc (68), Kynthia (36) Ryac's Wife (33), Dr. Simpson (11),Dr. Markova (62), Dr. Kusanagi, The original Dr. Weir (60), Kynthia (36), Zarah (23), Sellis (13), Rosha (34) Cadet Hailey (64), Cassandra (87), Sarah O'neill (17), Kendra (16) (Former Gaou'ld from Thor's Hammer), Gairwyn (15) (Thor's Hammer), Catherine Langford (14), Saroosh (13), Kal'el (16), Dr. Francine michael's (6), Shallan (5), Lindsey Novak (9), Maj. Erin Gant (3), Young Linnea (2), Allina (23), Sha're (from the movie) (20), Duplicate Carter (18), Cpt. Varonakova (14), Kali (13), Bastet (12), Moebius Carter (10), Catherine Langford (The Movie) (6), Amonet (4), Blonde that Apophis takes in "Children of the Gods" (3), Ancient 1st Officer (22) .

Top 25 males of stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X