Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Lam-Micheal Shanks is a lucky man
    2 Vala-In Daniel's room with just panties and a top, come on now
    3 Zarah-What did her and Shep do that night?
    4 Osiris-Something about British acents is a turn on
    5 Carter-anyone remember epidsode 1.4 The Broca Divide?
    6 Anise-Daniel or Jack, Jack of course
    7 Tayla-Shep gets a kiss, a sign for more to come?
    8 Original Weir- Too bad she couldn't stay
    9 Krista- Once you go jaffa you never go back
    10 Lt Laura Cadman -Dr. Beckett is a lucky man
    11 Dr. Heightmeyer- I can tell you my problems all night long
    12 Charlotte Mayfield- I wonder which Baal gets her?
    13 Sallis-Vala could not pick a better body to communicate with
    14 The Real Weir- With new make-up for season 2, it's an improvement
    15 Sora- She's a Genni but a hottie
    16 Hathor-I'll make babies with her
    17 Ishta-Who doesn't like a powerful women?
    18 Frasier-I will never forget 3.4 when she takes her top off
    19 Haily-Brians and Beauty
    20 The teenage Cassie-Hopefuly kisses won't put you in the hospital
    21 Sha're from the movie-Daniel how could you shoot her down the first time?
    22 Kerry Johnson-Who can compete with Jack?
    23 Rosha-Jolina has good taste in host
    25 Kynthia-Jack had to eat her cake
    Waitress from Holiday- I couldn't think of a 25th

Comment

Thank You to cherryblossom jen for the info on Chaya.

Actually Camy and Similar Cadence I appreciate the input. Along the way of doing this poll I have been considering changing the name to top 25 women of stargate. Do you know how to change the name of a thread--is that possible?

Similar Cadence...I would be interested in seeing your top 25 list. I would think that it would be similar to the one we have now in alot of ways, but would appreciate seeing how you see thngs differently. I hope you consider adding yours and it will be included in the poll.
      Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

Okie Dokie ... my turn.

No 1. Elizabeth Weir ... Atlantis Weir .... not that blonde one.
        Why???? BECAUSE SHES SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!

No 2. Teyla ... preferably half naked Teyla, but hey, she does have good hair so normal Teyla's good too.
        Why??? Like I said, good hair!

No 3. Samantha Carter ... heck shes just the sexy sci-fi chick, what can I say.

No 4. Vala ... cause she's Australian and thats just cool! Plus shes funny.

No 5. Weir again

No 6. Just this chick called Weir.

No 7. errrrr ....Weir

.... you get it. I'm done.
        Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by GenHammondsBarber
          Thank You to cherryblossom jen for the info on Chaya.

Actually Camy and Similar Cadence I appreciate the input. Along the way of doing this poll I have been considering changing the name to top 25 women of stargate. Do you know how to change the name of a thread--is that possible?

Similar Cadence...I would be interested in seeing your top 25 list. I would think that it would be similar to the one we have now in alot of ways, but would appreciate seeing how you see thngs differently. I hope you consider adding yours and it will be included in the poll.

Thank you for the recognition....I am a woman that can recognize an attractive woman...but not as a babe, of coarse...
          I posted therefore, my husband and my son's top 5....
          If I posted under Stargate top 25 Women: Hmmmmm

1. Teyla would still be at the top of my list because she is a beautiful woman with a natural beauty...and her beauty is unique and for me it's more than just her looks....
          2. Dr. Janet Frasier....she just has that something that makes her simple, yet attractive....
          3. Samantha Carter...she is in great shape and she is very smart and also beautiful....
          4. Chaya....I didn't like her character at all in Atlantis....but, I cannot deny that she is very attractive and I loved her role in (can't remember the name of that movie with Wesley Snipes...the vampire dude) not to mention that she is Hispanic....and we are very attractive...it's in our blood!
          5. I can't remember her name...but she came out in SG-1 and was that young girl, the replicator...the one that Daniel becames friend with an then she had to be killed....she controlled the replicators and she destroyed her father(the one who created her) and she called the replicators her toys??
          Again, she was beautiful and its just a natural beauty that you don't need tons of makeup to show it...

So, there is my top 5...I can't give you more than that...I just don't generally look at woman in this matter and that is as much as I can take....These are the ones that just come up immediately for me...Hope this helps...
          sigpic

Comment

1. Sam Carter
            2. RepliCarter
            3. Frasier
            4. Kerry Johnson
            5. Dr. Lam
            6. Osiris
            7. dr.Weir
            8. Ba'al's 'Blond Friend'
            9. Vala
            10. Oma
            Thank you, sir
            For what?
            For being here for me.
            ...Always.

Comment

Current Poll Updated 9/17/05

1) Col. Samantha Carter (601pts) 2) Dr. Weir (545) 3) Teyla (526)

4) Dr. Fraiser (508) 5) Osirus (503) 6) Vala Mal Duran (478)

7) Dr. Lam (427) ^ 8) Anise (403) ^ 9) Sora (393)

10) Dr. Heightmeyer (390) 11) Ishta (351) 12) Lt. Cadman (326)

12) Charlotte Mayfield (326) ( 14) Hathor (296) 15) Sha're (274)

16) Ayiana (252) 17) Krista (215) 18) Nirrti (180)

19) Replicarter (165) 20) Oma Dasala (154) 21) Katie Brown (153)

22) Shau'nac (140) 23) Ancient Hologram 24) Kerry Johnson (101)

25) Reese (92)

Others: These characters have recieved votes, but not enough to crack the top 25.

Lya (26), Tenis raymond, Mellin, Lt. Claire Tobias, Garshaw (33), Chaya (55) Rosha, Waitress from Holiday (2), Lt. Satterfield (21), Wraith Keeper
              (10), Technician Davis, Drey'auc (32), Kynthia (36) Ryac's Wife (33), Dr. Simpson (11),Dr. Markova (41), Dr. Kusanagi, The original Dr. Weir (38), Kynthia (36), Zarah (23), Sellis (13), Rosha (23) Cadet Hailey (64), Cassandra (87).
              Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 males of stargate

Comment

Topics of Discussion regarding our poll

These are just a few things I have been curious about in reviewing the poll today.

1) Our top 3 have fairly consistently been Sam carter, Dr. Weir and Teyla. They are also the most 3 high profile women in the 2 series. Do you think have 2 regular female characters helps or hurts Atlantis?

If you think it helps? Do you think SG-1 should do the same? Who should the extra regular female character be? (Vala)?

2) Dr. Frasier is currently getting more support then Dr. Lam. Lam is close but fairly consistently behind in peole's individual polls. Why do we think Frasier has more support then lam?

3) Ok, Carter and Replicarter are played by the same person. However, Carter is our #1,...and Replicarter is in the 20's and sometimes not on the poll. What makes Carter rank higher then Replicarter?

4) What makes the current Dr. Weir better then the original? Anyone wish they kept the original?

Just some thoughts to think about to make this thread not just about numbers. I'll post my answers later,...I want to think them through for a little.

Top 25 males of stargate

Comment

Originally posted by GenHammondsBarber

GHB....got your PM. Thanks for showing an interest and not just writing me off.

Well, if you were to change the thread title to The Top 25 Women of Stargate, these would be my choices based on things I see in them, like courage, leadership, brains, smarts (as in "savvy"), whether I find them intriguing enough to want to know more about them, whether they're admirable..... Some of them are pretty, some have inner beauty instead of obvious good looks......They cover a wide spectrum of ages, too. (I've made a couple of changes from my original ten choices....)

1) Samantha Carter
                  2) Osiris/Sarah Gardner
                  3) Lya
                  4) Janet Fraiser
                  5) Dr. Svetlana Markova
                  6) Elizabeth Weir
                  7) Teyla
                  8) Oma Desala
                  9) Sara O'Neill
                  10) Kendra (former Goa'uld from Thor's Hammer)
                  11) Gairwyn (from Thor's Hammer and Thor's Chariot)
                  12) Catherine Langford
                  13) Younger Catherine Langford (one and the same really)
                  14) Saroosh (pre-Jacob host for Selmak)
                  15) Kal'el (Jaffa Council member from this season, also from Birthright and Sacrifices)
                  16) Kerry Johnson
                  17) Sha're
                  18) Drey'auc
                  19) Reese
                  20) Ayiana (Frozen)
                  21) Dr. Francine Michaels (Frozen)
                  22) Shallan (Ba'al's lotar from Abyss)
                  23) Lindsey Novak (SGA)
                  24) Major Erin Gant (a senior officer on the Prometheus)
                  25) Young Linnea (from Past and Present)

(Just a little note: if you're interested in seeing what Sarah Douglas (Garshaw) looked like in her *younger years*, take a look at her in the movie Superman 2....she played Ursa, one of the villains.....)

I apologize if changing some of my original choices has messed up your tallying---just go with my original choices to keep things simple......
                  Last edited by SimilarCadence; 18 September 2005, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Question # one - Having two women on the show is, I think, usually a good thing. However, with Atlantis, it’s a little ambiguous. There’s a lot of competition between Weir-fans versus Teyla-fans, which includes lots of petty name-calling between the two camps. That isn’t exactly good for ‘Atlantis.’ Personally, I like both women. In fact, it’s almost as if the ptb took a ‘Mary-Sue’ character and split her into two women, creating two dissimilar characters that were each strong in their own terms. Accordingly, each was also weak in their own terms as well. I like that, but a lot of other people simply prefer one over the other.

It would help if Teyla and Weir had some type of friendship between them, ‘cause right now, they just kinda co-exist. A little more interaction between the characters would alleviate a lot of the hostility between their fan-bases. But this is not really answering your question. Is it better to have two females than one? I like to think it is. For SG-1, I know I wouldn’t mind Vala coming on full-time, although I know others adamantly disagree.
                    Last edited by Whistler84; 19 September 2005, 05:19 PM.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                    I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                    Spoiler:
                    Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

oh, and question # 4 . . . Pul-lease. TH is considerably better than JS.

TH *is* Weir.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                      I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                      Spoiler:
                      Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

That's right, so with you there. Can't believe some people actually liked the old weir better .... I mean - NA!!!!!!!
                        Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

[QUOTE=GenHammondsBarber]Topics of Discussion regarding our poll

These are just a few things I have been curious about in reviewing the poll today.

1) Our top 3 have fairly consistently been Sam carter, Dr. Weir and Teyla. They are also the most 3 high profile women in the 2 series. Do you think have 2 regular female characters helps or hurts Atlantis?
                          If you think it helps? Do you think SG-1 should do the same? Who should the extra regular female character be? (Vala)?
                          I love the idea of having as many female characters as possible...look how wonderful the writers of BSG have done with their female characters and they haven't had any clash between them(to my knowledge) as far as fan base and they are all great....But, I have to agree with Whistler84 on this one...Weir and Teyla are such great characters but the writers have not define one from the other and mostly because of their respective relationships and choice of which one will end up with Shep...there is a lot of dispute among the fans of these two characters....I think if TPTB would have decided from the beginning and would have clearly defined the roles of both of these characters, this wouldn't be happening...Both actresses are great..but both roles need further development...but for me...I like that they are both there and the show is better with them....

As far as SG-1...I don't want my head bitten off...but I really don't like Vala...now my husband would tell you something else...but since I am writing, I have to say that I she just annoys the heck out of me....JMHO

2) Dr. Frasier is currently getting more support then Dr. Lam. Lam is close but fairly consistently behind in peole's individual polls. Why do we think Frasier has more support then lam?

Everytime I see Lam, think that the cast from Andromeda will popped up any minute...and I just can't see her character yet...she seems to robotic and bland...she shows no expression or emotions...I guess it's still to early but I just don't see the need for her besides the fact that she is married to Michael Shanks...Frasier defined that role...she made that role...and she owned that role...she cared for all of the people on SG1 and she just did everything so wonderfully...She expressed her concerns and she showed depth and love for her character and her role....she was just amazing....I really miss her..I cried like a baby when she died...so unexpected for me....this was way before I read here so I had no clue when this happened....

3) Ok, Carter and Replicarter are played by the same person. However, Carter is our #1,...and Replicarter is in the 20's and sometimes not on the poll. What makes Carter rank higher then Replicarter?
                          We know Carter...we have seen her grow...we have seen her through the good and the bad...we feel her suffering..she is strong, yet sensitive at the same time...she is smart and beautiful and she can kick ass..She is funny, but serious..she is a woman who is in love with her General....Oh yes...there is no comparison...

4) What makes the current Dr. Weir better then the original? Anyone wish they kept the original?
                          Torri is a very talented and attractive woman...for me, she is starting to turn Weir around and make her into the leader that I would like to see her be...but, as far as Jessica Steen...I am in no way shape or form implying that Jessica should have stayed for the role...but when I first saw her as Weir, I knew and recognize the actress and I have followed her roles for many years and love her acting....So......

Well, I might get myself into trouble for this one...so I will keep this simple...
                          I know Jessica Steen and I have followed her career for awhile...She plays strong female character roles and she does them very well...She can fight and she can talk...she is smart and she can really set the tone...I don't know if people recognized her from Earth2...I used to love that Show...you have no idea...and I love it because of her character and Antonio Sabato Jr...who I had a major teenage crush back then....Come to think about it the leader of that show was a female and she reminds me so much of Torri....also Jessica Steen came out in Armageddon...with Bruce Willis and BEn Affleck..minor character, she was the co-pilot but she was awesome...and when I tell you about strong female character, check her out in the small scenes that she comes out...she rocks...
                          but anyways, back to the question....I guess those of us who like Jessica Steen can see her play Weir's role with a more defined role than Torri...I think Torri is coming around with Weir's character...and I think eventually she is growing on me...but at the beginning I would have preferred Jessica Steen, only because I know her and I really like her as an actress and could see her playing this role beautifully and perfectly...(please don't bite my head off for this)....but if the change would be made now, I think it would be too weird since I feel that Torri is doing just fine. So, this is just my opinion, but I am not a supporter of making Jessica Steen come back..
                          sigpic

Comment

I would say

Teyla: She has a very unique beauty---very exotic. And can kick butt!!

Janet: She's petite and cute as a button. Tough as nails but compassionate.

Sam: Beautiful and intelligent. In fact she's not afraid to show her intelligence. Even if the technobabble can get annoying after a while.

Ishta: A waif-like beauty. She's defiant, strong and can be stubborn. A perfect match for Teal'c.

Shaunac: Gorgeous, and seductive temple priestess. Even Teal'c couldn't get her out of his system.

BOTH Dreyauc's: 1st Dreyauc from "Bloodlines"---gorgeous exotic beauty. She had major attitude--understandably so. Fiercely protective of her son. 2nd Dreyauc from "Family" and "Threshold"---I don't get why some people on here ignore her. She's also very beautiful---I'd kill to have those cheekbones of her's. She was more subdued than the first Dreyauc was; but she was just as strong in her words and beliefs. She was just more gentle.

Comment

Finally, what you've all been waiting for: my list! ^_~ I tried to explain any of the characters that might be less known. Feel free to pm me if you're stil confused about who some of them are.

1. Carter
                              2. Teyla
                              3. Allina -- the archealogist/member of The Brotherhood that liked McKay in Atlantis s1 episode 'The Brotherhood' seen here Read more about her here.
                              4. Vala
                              5. Hathor
                              6. Frasier
                              7. Shau'ri (from the Movie not the series)
                              8. Weir
                              9. Duplicate Carter -- created by Harlan in episode Tin Man and later seen again in Double Jeopardy.
                              10. Chaya
                              11. Lya
                              12. Reese
                              13. Captain Daria Varonakova -- Russian Military woman who enjoyed teasing Daniel and drove him around in a jeep in s8 episode 'Full Alert.' Here's a link to an image of her: http://www.stargatesg1971.com/fullal...image2668.html
                              14. Kali (Goauld from Sg-1 season 5 episode Summit & Last Stand. Seen here http://www.stargatesg1971.com/summit/caps/PDVD_375.html image is not mine, but site owner's. Omnipedia article is here here.)
                              15. Bastet (Goauld from Sg-1 season 5 episode Summit & Last Stand. She's seen here on the right:
                              http://www.stargatesg1971.com/lastst.../PDVD_069.html image is not mine, but site owner's. Omnipedia article is here here.)
                              16. Rosha
                              17.Moebius Carter -- I love those glasses! And nerdy Carter is always cool.
                              18. Garshaw
                              19. Osiris
                              20. Dr. Katie Brown
                              21. Original Dr. Langford -- from the movie not the series
                              22. Niirti
                              23. Satterfield
                              24. Amonet
                              25. the poor blonde military woman Apophis killed in 'Children of the Gods" because Ammonet had rejected her as a host. Here's an image: http://www.stargatesg1971.com/cotg/caps/image3187.html

Comment

Topics of Discussion

Originally posted by GeneralHammondsBarber
                                1) Our top 3 have fairly consistently been Sam carter, Dr. Weir and Teyla. They are also the most 3 high profile women in the 2 series. Do you think have 2 regular female characters helps or hurts Atlantis? If you think it helps? Do you think SG-1 should do the same? Who should the extra regular female character be? (Vala)?
                                I think having two female characters in Atlantis (or any show) is great. The only problem I can see in Atlantis is when the writers play "sweetheart matchup". First they seem to be matching up Teyla/Shep and then they seem to be switching to Weir/Shep----it creates a lot of ugly factions among fans. If they have to do it at all, then either be definite about it or don't do it all, writers. We're not in highschool anymore.

I don't necessarily think SG-1 has to have two female leads, but I would certainly accept it if they decided to go in that direction, providing the second female character fits into the SG-1 "make-up". In other words, if it makes sense for that character to join, having some military, scientific or academic expertise that actually adds to the team. Having said that, my answer to the question of Vala being a team member is "No". She's very popular, I know, but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing I've seen so far that would justify making her a member of SG-1.....

I think the reason is that Janet had much more warmth and passion than we've seen in Dr. Lam so far, but that may change the longer Lam is in the series and the more LD fleshes her out as a character. My personal favorite is Janet though because I know her better and I like her personality better. Familiarity wins out in this case.....

Because she's Carter and Replicarter is not. Replicarter is interesting because she's the dark side of Sam, but she's still only a shadow of the original....

I actually like both the actresses who have played Weir, but since I'm more familiar with TH as Elizabeth, I'll stick with her. I especially like her character growth this season---much more a leader than she seemed to be last season. If there were some way to bring Jessica Steen back into the Stargate fold as a different character (hey, they've done it with other actors), I'd be all for it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X