Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
    Do we know where the photo was snagged from? I love behind the scenes pics like these...
    MGM.com has a crapload of BtS pics like this one. In fact, yep, it's got the watermark... It's from MGM.

Comment

3 pics from Amanda Tapping Online from the movie Taken Back
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I wanna see it SO BAD!! Does anyone have any updated release information? Obviously, the date IMDB gives is wrong-- because clearly, it did not come out this past June.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
          I wanna see it SO BAD!! Does anyone have any updated release information? Obviously, the date IMDB gives is wrong-- because clearly, it did not come out this past June.
          I found this on the amandatappingonline site:
          "Here’s the first look at Amanda in Taken Back, Lifetime’s Movie of the Week on August 11th."

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfairy View Post
            I found this on the amandatappingonline site:
            "Here’s the first look at Amanda in Taken Back, Lifetime’s Movie of the Week on August 11th."
            Oh! AWESOME! Oh... wait. I'm traveling that day. Darn it! Hey, anyone got a DVR I can borrow?

Comment

Oh! AWESOME! Oh... wait. I'm traveling that day. Darn it! Hey, anyone got a DVR I can borrow?
              Well, I live in Hungary, so I can't watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfairy View Post
                Well, I live in Hungary, so I can't watch.
                Aw... bummer! If I figure out a way to get it myself, I'll share with you. You know, if I can get the video converted to the proper Hungarian formatting. Which DVD region are you guys? And do you use PAL?

Comment

sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                      Not the spent blank shells. Amanda is holding a Heckler & Koch G36K and they eject the spent shells to the right.

In movies/TV, blanks are packed with extra powder in order to provide large flashes when fired. Even in regular ammo not all the powder gets burned. The shields are to protect the camera and crew from the flash, unspent powder and any wadding.

Movie/TV blanks can be lethal. Jon-Erik Hexum while on the set of his show Cover Up jokingly put a prop gun to his head and pulled the trigger. The blast from the blank had enough force to shatter his skull and make him brain dead.
                      i remember the jon/cover up tragedy. :/

so what protects 'amanda' from the blanks stuff?
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i remember the jon/cover up tragedy. :/

so what protects 'amanda' from the blanks stuff?
                        Proper training/instruction and careful props masters. That's the best protection a person could have, especially if they're otherwise inexperienced with firearms. Knowing how to use them safely is as important as having the proper materials to work with.

Muzzle awareness is a big factor in gun safety, as well as knowing what's happening around you.

Comment

Proper training/instruction and careful props masters. That's the best protection a person could have, especially if they're otherwise inexperienced with firearms. Knowing how to use them safely is as important as having the proper materials to work with.

Muzzle awareness is a big factor in gun safety, as well as knowing what's happening around you.
                          Another example of an bad gun safety was on the movie The Crow which starred the late Brandon Lee son of the late Bruce Lee.

The armorer used a regular gun instead of prop gun. (BATF regulations require that prop firearms have their barrels permanently restricted to prevent to use of live ammunition.) For a close-up scene to show the loading of the gun the armorer took some regular ammo, removed the bullets, drained the powder and replaced the bullets but left the live primer in place.

Sometime later somehow the trigger was pulled with his "dummy" bullets still loaded. The primer had enough force to partially fire the bullet which had lodged partway down the barrel. Later when the gun called to be used as scripted, proper movie blanks were loaded in the gun. When the actor holding the gun fired at Brandon, as the scene called for, the powder in the blank had enough force fire the bullet out the barrel as if it had been a live round. The bullet hit Brandon in the abdomen and he died as a result of his injury even after over 6 hours of surgery.

Comment

sigpic
                            Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Comment

sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X