• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

(Just spreading my joy around )

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGG! You guys, today, I got the BEST, gift EVER!!!

A few months back, when another user went on vacation, and she asked me to take over her GW account? When she got back, she wanted to thank me by getting something of mine signed by Amanda *SQUEE!* She told me she would be meeting Amanda at Creation Con, and that she could have Amanda sign something of mine there. After we worked some things out, I finally choose what I wanted Amanda to sign more than anything, I choose my 2 SG-1 movies . I wrapped them up, went to my post office, and mailed them . Later I got an e-mail from Lies saying she had them, and that she'd take care of them.

Fast forward a couple of months, SamJackShipLover, Antoa and EH-T meet Amanda at the Con, and that's where Amanda signed my DVD's *Super SQUEE! I was at work and my grandmother came by, she was holding a package, right away I knew what that was. I thanked her for bringing them to me, and I went downstairs (I wanted my BIG moment alone ) I opened them up and BOOM, I was so blown away, I actually feel back . I just could NOT believe what I was seeing, I could NOT believe what I was holding in my hands, I was actually holding in my hands, something signed by Amanda Tapping *MEGA SUPER SQUEE!* This may sound silly, but I actually felt a little closer connection to her since I was really holding something touched and signed by her . To quote Amanda, I am over the moon in love, and I am I am deliriously happy.

I want to thank SJ SO, SO, SO much for this amazing gift, you did more than just give 2 DVD's signed by Amanda *YAY*, you made me even more aware of how such great friends I have. And not only that, but you've greatly boasted my urge/need/desire to meet Amanda some day.

Oh, and last but not least, here's some pics of my GREATEST gift of all time!

Here's the 2 DVD's together, you can see Amanda's signature on both of them. *ULTRA SQUEE!*
      Spoiler:

Here's the AoT DVD, Amanda actually wrote my name on the DVD. Aww, Amanda's knows my name. *Sigh* -
      Spoiler:

Here's the Continuum DVD-
      Spoiler:

I can't believe Amanda put an X and O on both the DVD's. *YAY* I got a written hug and kiss from Amanda. *Dances in joy*

And here's some pics of me in front of a mirror with the DVD's in my hands. HEHE -
      Spoiler:

OMG, the flash is covering Sam's face. Yikes.

Here's a pic of Amanda Lies put in one of the DVD's-- no it's not a signed flag pic . -

Spoiler:
      Last edited by Rocky89; 04 May 2009, 08:38 AM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Sam in Wormhole X-Treme Part 1

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

(Just spreading my joy around )

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGG! You guys, today, I got the BEST, gift EVER!!!

A few months back, when another user went on vacation, and she asked me to take over her GW account? When she got back, she wanted to thank me by getting something of mine signed by Amanda *SQUEE!* She told me she would be meeting Amanda at Creation Con, and that she could have Amanda sign something of mine there. After we worked some things out, I finally choose what I wanted Amanda to sign more than anything, I choose my 2 SG-1 movies . I wrapped them up, went to my post office, and mailed them . Later I got an e-mail from Lies saying she had them, and that she'd take care of them.

Fast forward a couple of months, SamJackShipLover, Antoa and EH-T meet Amanda at the Con, and that's where Amanda signed my DVD's *Super SQUEE! I was at work and my grandmother came by, she was holding a package, right away I knew what that was. I thanked her for bringing them to me, and I went downstairs (I wanted my BIG moment alone ) I opened them up and BOOM, I was so blown away, I actually feel back . I just could NOT believe what I was seeing, I could NOT believe what I was holding in my hands, I was actually holding in my hands, something signed by Amanda Tapping *MEGA SUPER SQUEE!* This may sound silly, but I actually felt a little closer connection to her since I was really holding something touched and signed by her . To quote Amanda, I am over the moon in love, and I am I am deliriously happy.

I want to thank SJ SO, SO, SO much for this amazing gift, you did more than just give 2 DVD's signed by Amanda *YAY*, you made me even more aware of how such great friends I have. And not only that, but you've greatly boasted my urge/need/desire to meet Amanda some day.

Oh, and last but not least, here's some pics of my GREATEST gift of all time!

Here's the 2 DVD's together, you can see Amanda's signature on both of them. *ULTRA SQUEE!*

Here's the AoT DVD, Amanda actually wrote my name on the DVD. Aww, Amanda's knows my name. *Sigh* -
            Here's the Continuum DVD-

I can't believe Amanda put an X and O on both the DVD's. *YAY* I got a written hug and kiss from Amanda. *Dances in joy*

And here's some pics of me in front of a mirror with the DVD's in my hands. HEHE -

OMG, the flash is covering Sam's face. Yikes.

Here's a pic of Amanda Lies put in one of the DVD's-- no it's not a signed flag pic . -

LOL cool gift

Originally posted by staceyde
            You rock.....you rock...thank you so much....i can't get enough of the updates and stuff with Amanda Tapping.....she ROCKS....
            you're very welcome

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...hotos/main.php
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report Pol.

Cool gift Rocky!!!
              sigpic

Comment

http://lilferret.livejournal.com/216373.html
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Here it is, my report on meeting Amanda - spoilered for great length!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l355/polrobin/Amanda%20at%20SciFi%20Summit/ATSciFiSummit-060copy.jpg (click in pic for entire album).
                  The photos at that site are...well, some are great, some are so-so. They are about 1/3 of the total images shot, but you're seeing the best of the lot.
                  Spoiler:
                  Hi everyone,

Before I begin my report I have to preface it with this. I am no stranger to film and TV sets, not in the least. I was an on-set medic for X-Files, the first movie and for the show when they moved to LA. I've been an on-set PA for more things than I can count, way back to Star Trek: TNG back in the mid-80's as I was sorting out post military life (USAF) and future career goals. I've sat on hotel beds with David Duchovney (in a room of 30 or more others), had lunch with same, and Gillian, and Charlton Heston, Emma Sands, and many, many others

So...all this to say...I was still nervous as all getout at the prospect of meeting Amanda. Really. Really. Nervous.

I planned two weeks ahead, I'm not kidding. Got my hair cut so it'd look nice in the picture (which I'll get in the mail I guess), selected the one I wanted signed (which you've all seen by now), and practice and practiced and PRACTICED everything I wanted to say to her so it would A) not come out as one long frightening blast of words; and B) wouldn't sound, well, practiced.

Before I get to the next bit I really need to say thanks again to Lilferret for her invaluable suggestion that I buy the autograph ticket. It never occurred to me to look to see if that was an option 'til she said to do so. Great, great idea.

I didn't sleep much the night before, but not for the reasons you might think. I was sitting in my home office which faces the street in front of our house. We sit at the top of a "T" intersection, and I've always wondered when some idiot was going to overshoot and come into our home. So...about 11:30 Friday night I hear a screech of tires, a mad downshifting and more screeching. Now, normally our Meg parks right out front and I thought, "Oh no! Her new car!" (Completely forgetting that she was out of town). Anyway, I flip open the blinds in time to see a small black Lexus sedan weave down the street from left to right, he swing toward our house and had Meg's car been there, he'd have killed it, overcorrected, lost control and spin directly into the neighbor's house. I leaped up, shouted to S. to call 9-1-1, and ran outside to make sure our neighbors were okay. (They (and their dogs) were.). Three hours later, we all went back to our homes (I had to wait, since I was the only witness). Whew. Long night.

Okay, the day.

I knew Amanda wasn't doing photos until 4:15, but I still wanted to go down early to get the lay of the land. I've been to one Xena con ages ago and from that experience expected literally thousands of people. This even had more like...hundreds. Not even 500, I'd guess. Today (Sunday) is expected to be madness with the whole Twilight thing, but...really...if it's not Amanda... :::shrug:::

Anyway, I got there at around 11:30, just in time for Jeri Ryan to come on stage. She was lovely and funny and I used her appearance to put my camera through its paces. I was in the first row of the unwashed masses (the gen admission folks). Pretty good view. There was a guy behind me very upset with the quality of his pics, so I'm sending him mine. I have a Canon 20D with a killer lense, and I had the ASA set really high to capture what I could from that distance in the lower lighting.

My one complaint as a fan is that the stars are not spotlighted at all. There are general lights on the stage, but THEY, per se, are not lit at all well. Now, that said, for the actors I can truly appreciate that they don't do that, 'cause the actors wouldn't be able to see much of the crowd!

Okay, so after Jeri I wandered around the vendor booths and really spent a great deal of time just looking at people and things. The center of the vendor's area had what I'd call the "has been's" section. Folks that were "Captain Christopher Pike," or "Lieutenant XYZ in Episode ABC" signing autographs. I don't normally collect autographs so wasn't interested. I just walked around. If I made eye contact with one of those actors I'd smile and return whatever greeting they gave. What was interesting to me is how they would react. More than once I had one of them say something like, "Are you enjoying your day?" and I'd respond, "Well, it's certainly...interesting." with a smile, and after that they'd open up and just CHAT away at me! That happened with about five of the 12 or so actors there, but the best were these two experiences. The first was Peter Mayhew who was Chewbacca. He quite literally chatted with me for 15 mintues, it was really fun. Then as I was walking past another table I had someone tug on my arm and say, "What, you're not going to say hi to an old friend?" I turned and Dean Haglund gave me a hug! He'd remembered me from my time on set with the X-Files. That was cool.

The wander around the vendor area got me hungry so instead of eating the sandwiches outside the rooms I sat up in the hotel restaurant and watched the end of the Penguins hockey game. I killed about two hours up there then went back down. Amanda was doing photos at 4:15, the QA at 6 and the autographs at 7. By this point I was a bit bored, so I went down the hallway to the photo op area and sat on a comfy couch with my PDA, bottle of water and a snack for later. Turns out, I was kind of in the way of the folks waiting for their Charisma C (something) photo op. The Creation Line Police were really nice and when she figured out I was there for Amanda, she just said, "Okay, you're #1 for Amanda. When I say to queue up, you stand 'here.'" Thus, I was first in line for Amanda (well, if you don't count the wheelchair/special needs and the VIP's. - then I was actually #15 ish).

I tell you what, those folks at Creation have this DOWN. We were in and out. The nice thing about being #1 (ish) was that I got to see inside and watch as Amanda got set up. My first thought was "wow, she's SKINNY!" She was smiling and laughing and seemed really relaxed.

As I got closer in line I got REALLY nervous and then just laughed at myself. I, along with several others, was laughing and joking and we helped each other calm down, I think. Anyway, I stepped up and she gave me a huge grin and a "HI!" and slipped her arm around my shoulders, my lumpy casted arm went around her waist (sigh) and POOF! job done.

She gave me a quick hug, which was nice and squeezed my shoulder, and off I went.

I decided to stake out my "perfect" photo spot for her QA, so I went back to the main room. I was again in the first row of the cheap seats, off to the side, so had a great view of the stage. Two hours later Amanda did her QA. It was fun and funny. What I remember (about shippy stuff):

Q. Who was the best kisser?
                  A. Well....Sam never got to kiss Teal'c, but I'd have to say that Chris is an amazing kisser. But...really...that Rick knows how to kiss. I mean....yeah...well, what I mean is, "Sam" would say that "Jack" knows how to kiss, she told me. So you don't think that I, Amanda, am fixated on Rick. But yeah. Sam would say that Ri...I mean, Jack, can really kiss.

Q. Something about S/J resolution
                  A. Yeah, it's been 12-13 years, and they're both healthy adults. It's time. That's been the great unrequited...well, I can't say 'love,' but....unfinished story. It needs to be finished. I like to think that they've found the time to resolve it. Even if it was just the one time, BAM! (Amanda smacked her hands together and jumped) and then it's like 'okay, we can go back to being friends now', but it's time. Yeah. Oh, and I'm sure I'd have to at least kiss Rick for...oh...15 minutes or so...I mean, Sam would have to kiss Jack. (Amanda turns to the audience now) I'm sorry honey, it's my job, I have to kiss him! (lots of laughs about that).

Yes, she's going to be in SG1-3, yes she will go blonde, no wig. "Not the scary, super blonde of Sam in some seasons, which was like highlighting on acid, but...yes, blonde..."

Someone asked her to do an impression of a character she made up on set, whose name I can't recall, but was a rather earthy character, and it flummoxed her. She really laughed about that.

What else? Hmmm, I'm afraid it's all running together. But...on to the autograph time.

I had a ticket, #39, so I went to the other side of the room (where the queue was forming) and again sat with my PDA. I had my photo and my gift (a copy of the manip'd photo) on my lap and was quietly reading away. The Creation folks were great again, and they called row by row of the gold folks (after, of course, the VIPs), then started calling numbers. I had asked earlier, 'what if you only want Amanda (and not the other two signing)? The line police were great and she said, hang on. So when they called my number (she'd already asked if I wanted my item personalized and given my my postie with my name on it) she waved me over then called everyone who "just wanted Amanda" over. That made me laugh a bit.

We all pile on over and she led us out of the main room and into a different line. I was bout 15th in line there and watched as the autographs went on. I will say this. I had about chickened out of saying what I'd rehearsed saying but then remembered that I reference my little rehearsed speech in the note I attached to the photo for her. So...I sucked it up and prepared to say what I wanted. I almost didn't say anything anyway, 'cause it looked like nobody else was saying anything to her other than "thanks." But then the guy two people up said something and she really lit up, so I thought, Okay, Pol, suck it up!

My turn came and her assistant held out her hand. I gave her my ticket and then she held out her hand again, and I was blank. Then I realized she wanted the thing I wanted signed! Dummy. So I gave her that. Amanda looked up at me and again flashed me a huge smile. I met her eyes, and as if we have coffee every day, calmly said my piece. Then I said, "I don't know if you'll take gifts, but I wanted you to have a copy of this fun photo I edited. It's the same as the one you're signing for me."

She then looked down and I think truly saw it and laughed out loud, really laughed. It was fun! The big guy next to her leaned in to her and said, "ooh, very creative." She nodded and said, "Wow, I didn't realize at first that that writing wasn't on the plane, was it? Oh! And look! You changed her name on her flight suit too! Oh, how great is this! Thank you so much!

She then signed my copy of the photo and I thanked her again and walked away. I had a huge grin on my face and one of the Creation ladies gave me a hug as I left and said, "You go girl!" It was fun!

So. I don't know that the gift I gave her will actually go with her, nor the note on top of it. But I like to think it will end up in her office - it even has my name on the back.

::::sigh::::

My fangurl day is done.

This is the link to the photo session, some are better than others. If you snurtch them, please credit me.

Now I have to go write my final exam for my students. Then go to a wedding. Then write a Campfire.

Looking back over this, it's really(!) long. Sorry, but I'm a writer. it's what we do. <g>

Crossposting to Family thread. You are forwarned. <g>

Glad you had such a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

you know, amanda said she's going to lighten her hair up for when she plays sam again in the 3rd sg1 movie (but not go full blond), and i wonder if 'this' is how she's going to look?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam in Wormhole X-Treme Part 2

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        you know, amanda said she's going to lighten her hair up for when she plays sam again in the 3rd sg1 movie (but not go full blond),
                        yeah she said
                        AT: No, I think what I’ll do is lighten it up somewhat for Sam. I think the wig doesn’t really work. And in a film, when you’re that close and it’s that big, I just would not feel comfortable being in a wig.

I finish Helen Magnus. I don’t know what I’ll look like for the movie in between, but in all likelihood I might cut my hair a little bit, and go a bit lighter. I won’t go back to pure blonde because it’s too hard to go back and forth, but I’ll go lighter.
                        http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/new_frontier.shtml

and i wonder if 'this' is how she's going to look?
                        or maybe like this?

sigpic

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/index.php
                          sigpic

Comment

you know, amanda said she's going to lighten her hair up for when she plays sam again in the 3rd sg1 movie (but not go full blond), and i wonder if 'this' is how she's going to look?
                            I think the wig worked for Enemy at the Gate but I definitely think Amanda's making the right decision in not having a wig for the movies and in cutting and lightening her hair up. I think the picture right up at the top would ideally be the best hair colour for her to portray Sam again...but really I don't have a problem with the way her hair looks in the bottom pic either. Either works but it most definitely shouldn't be thick brown hair for Sam. I like the distinction between Sam and Helen and I think that should stay.

Last edited by Alan; 04 May 2009, 04:11 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              I think the wig worked for Enemy at the Gate but I definitely think Amanda's making the right decision in not having a wig for the movies and in cutting and lightening her hair up. I think the picture right up at the top would ideally be the best hair colour for her to portray Sam again...but really I don't have a problem with the way her hair looks in the bottom pic either. Either works but it most definitely shouldn't be thick brown hair for Sam. I like the distinction between Sam and Helen and I think that should stay.

the wig in EatG didn't bother me but I agree it's the right decision. as for the distinction between Sam and Helen, well...

sigpic

Comment

Sam in Wormhole X-Treme Part 3

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X