No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember correctly I found it on David Kemper's website.

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
      Claudia is soooo cool and beautiful here
      Yup, but the whole poster (with Ben behind Claudia and blue background) which was attached to Farscape Magazine #1 looks better (I'm now watching at it, as it's above my Farscape 2004 calendar )

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
        SG1 without Jack is not SG1 (i love you Ben!!! ) what im tring to say we all need wait and see
        I'm definitely in the minority, but I'm not going to miss RDA, 'cause I don't like him. If you remember the original "Stargate" movie, it was Daniel Jackson who was really the main character. And I'm happy that they're going to focus on Daniel in season 9

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
          I don't know about you but Gaters seem very strange to me, especially when they're disussing now Vala's clothes in Season 9. What the frell is wrong with these people?

I'm finding it interesting that a vocal minority here seem to want nothing on the show that smacks of sex or relationships (of a romantic nature, that is). And I always get frustrated when these elements occur on a show (any show) and then fans go and label it a 'soap opera'. I mean, lord knows nothing like sex or romantic relationships happen in real life. That just unrealistic, right?

Granted, stuff like that isn't always done well on episodic television but it would be more unrealistic to me if it wasn't addressed at all. People have personal lives. Getting a glimpse of them, to me, just helps to round out the characters. And I'm definitely more about character than I am about action or tech stuff, even though I like those elements. Without character developement, a show (or book or what have you) gets stale really fast and I get bored.

And I love the folks who complain that 'that just isn't Stargate!". Heh. Well, obviously it is if it was allowed to make it on screen. The writers and producers and director's decide what is and is not 'Stargate', not the fans.

Oh well, just my meager opinion (and a minor rant). Pay me no nevermind

Comment

Very true, cadpig.

Yup, but the whole poster (with Ben behind Claudia and blue background) which was attached to Farscape Magazine #1 looks better (I'm now watching at it, as it's above my Farscape 2004 calendar )
            Yeah, I remember that one but I haven't got it anymore. PC crash, anyone? Need to find it again.

A.
            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

People have personal lives. Getting a glimpse of them, to me, just helps to round out the characters. And I'm definitely more about character than I am about action or tech stuff, even though I like those elements. Without character developement, a show (or book or what have you) gets stale really fast and I get bored.
              I have to agree with you. im almost in season 8 and still...something missing. i guess im looking for more emotion . Its the wrong show for me maybe...
              but i still watching 'cos i like the action or tech stuff after all but lets say SG1 isnt my favoriet show for me

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                  Yeah, I remember that one but I haven't got it anymore. PC crash, anyone? Need to find it again.
                  A.
                  When my previous PC experienced a "little" short-circuit at the beginning of 2002, it took me over 2 years to build (read: buy) the new one...

The original poster on my bookshelf is too big for scanner (double A4 size) and I don't have scanner at home

Comment

"There's no Lechna. Only ever Crichton".

Comment

I have to say that it rankles a bit for people to come on to a STARGATE forum which is dedicated to Stargate and to read about people talking down on "Gaters".

First of all, I would like to point out that there are quite a few of us here who are fans of both Stargate AND Farscape. I myself have seen every episode of Farscape multiple times and am a huge fan. Both of the show and the actors. I adore Claudia Black. I think that she is a beautiful woman and a tremendous actress. I am very glad that we will have a chance to see her and Ben on Stargate as it combines aspects of my two favorite sci-fi shows.

I've also been a Stargate fan for many years and love that show, it's characters, and the actors who portray them. I just want to point out that many of the things that people have been complaining about has nothing to do wtih the fact that Ben and Claud have come to the show and certainly doesn't mean that we don't like them, it's the fact that there have been SO many changes made to the show this season that it seems like they're taking something that we've loved and watched for almost 10 years now and tweaking it beyond all recognition. While many of us, myself included, are taking a wait and see stance there are others who feel more strongly about the changes. Maybe people will change their minds once they see the new season, maybe not. But everyone should be allowed to express their opinions and concerns.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        I have to say that it rankles a bit for people to come on to a STARGATE forum which is dedicated to Stargate and to read about people talking down on "Gaters".

First of all, I would like to point out that there are quite a few of us here who are fans of both Stargate AND Farscape. I myself have seen every episode of Farscape multiple times and am a huge fan. Both of the show and the actors. I adore Claudia Black. I think that she is a beautiful woman and a tremendous actress. I am very glad that we will have a chance to see her and Ben on Stargate as it combines aspects of my two favorite sci-fi shows.

I've also been a Stargate fan for many years and love that show, it's characters, and the actors who portray them. I just want to point out that many of the things that people have been complaining about has nothing to do wtih the fact that Ben and Claud have come to the show and certainly doesn't mean that we don't like them, it's the fact that there have been SO many changes made to the show this season that it seems like they're taking something that we've loved and watched for almost 10 years now and tweaking it beyond all recognition. While many of us, myself included, are taking a wait and see stance there are others who feel more strongly about the changes. Maybe people will change their minds once they see the new season, maybe not. But everyone should be allowed to express their opinions and concerns.
                        I agree with you completely even if i complain about the show here and there

Comment

Heroes(Part_2) Fraiser gone. i couldnt stop crying

excellent epis P1+2

Comment

I can hardly wait for my copy of "Farscape" Starburst Edition vol. 4, there's Claudia and Ben's commentary for TWWW on it. I love this moment in Pilot's chamber: Aeryn to Pilot: "Take the journey with me".

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              First of all, I would like to point out that there are quite a few of us here who are fans of both Stargate AND Farscape..
                              That's good to know
                              I agree with you that changes are hard on most ppl and we shouldn't expect Stargate fans to just embrace them immidiatly. I remember how I reacted when they replaced David Duchovny with Robert Patrick on The X-Files. It just wasn't "it" since then, although I admire RP as an actor (even more than DD actually, but DD was after all Mulder...)
                              That said, the point that was raised here is different, IMO. As someone who is new to Stargate I have the same criticism as the ones that said it above me; the show IMO lacks an personal "touch" therefore somewhat lacks of emotion. I tend to blame the directors, because the stories are great most of the times and the actors are great as well (my fav are MS and AT), as far as I could see. The problem, IMO, is that they are not given the chance to show their talent. It seems that they are restricted to the scripts and there isn't much room for manuvering or anything else...(of course I don't know nothing I am just guessing here ).
                              But all in all I enjoy watching Stargate, it's just that FOR ME, it doesn't go far enough in developing the charcters inner-personality. I want to see them as human beings, not just how they react or operate as millitary ppl.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                                I can hardly wait for my copy of "Farscape" Starburst Edition vol. 4, there's Claudia and Ben's commentary for TWWW on it. I love this moment in Pilot's chamber: Aeryn to Pilot: "Take the journey with me".
                                I LOVE TWWW. and Claudia and Ben's commentary maybe i'll order it.

Comment

Working...
                                X