Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J. Stone View Post
    Oh Oh. This is a manipulated image of Claudia. They are not allowed. Sorry.

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
    Hats off DJgirl!
    I've been trying to get my photo program to work but I'm pretty clueless.

I know that the mods' reaction may have seemed petty, but I understand where they're coming from. To get an image of Claudia as Leia you had to alter two copyrighted pics and changed their contents and purpose.

I know it seems ridiculous, because after all it's nothing but a manip by a fan for fans with abolutely no ulterior motives. But GW is so big and (semi)official that they have to be careful and especially respectful of artist and company rights.

A.
    Something will just click one of these days ValaM with your photo program. That is what happened to me. Two nights ago, I was sitting at the computer just staring at Photoshop, and suddenly, it all just clicked, and now I am totally hooked!! I have made about 8 banners since then...LOL

I totally understand where the mods were coming from on that other picture as well. If they want to be real sticklers, no one would be allowed to even have banners on GW because they are all manips
    sigpic
    Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
      I know that the mods' reaction may have seemed petty, but I understand where they're coming from. To get an image of Claudia as Leia you had to alter two copyrighted pics and changed their contents and purpose.

I know it seems ridiculous, because after all it's nothing but a manip by a fan for fans with abolutely no ulterior motives. But GW is so big and (semi)official that they have to be careful and especially respectful of artist and company rights.

It wasn't petty or ridiculous. That photo manip broke the copyright laws and had Claudia or Carrie Fisher's people found it on this site, GW could have been in BIG trouble not to mention that fan. I know the fan in question meant no harm, but to post it directly here...not a smart thing.

As for DJ's banner, it's not a manipulation in the sense that the other fan's image was. DJ did NOT take Carrie Fisher's body and add Claudia's head. DJ just played around with part of Claudia's face to make a banner.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

little clarification of the rules on manips

pasting teh heads of amanda and rick on the bodies of two people in bed is wrong (use any actors here)

taking the jack/kerry kiss and maniping sam in is wrong

putting sam's head on another woman's topless body is wrong

Maniping sam into a group shot of atlantis is fine
        putting vala in a field of flowers is fine
        putting a santa hat on vala's head is fine

do you get what i'm getting at here?

manips that show the actor in an unpleasant light. manips that make suggestions about a relationship or are compromising in any way are wrong.

manips that don't do that...like the season 10 dvd covers that people are making with vala in them, that's fine

If you have any question about the appropriateness of a manip, just grab a mod and ask us. We'll advise you if it's ok or not
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
          I finally started messing with my Photoshop a couple of days ago. I made a banner so I thought I would share in here

Nice one

Comment

A.
            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Comment

New Claudia interviw
                Too bad she talk about Vala haters and not about Vala's fans
                The TPTB is so heartless about Vala, first these two movie and then she isn't on the cover of season 10 DVD
                http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/07/...claudia-black/

Loathed being away from my husband and our son who of course took his first step the day after I left town. AAAGGGHHH!!!!
                How sweet
                Last edited by valaCB; 16 July 2007, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Good morning Addy

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
                      Good morning Addy
                      The cancan smilie is too cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                        The cancan smilie is too cute!

More cute smilies in here http://www.pic4ever.com/index-2.htm

Comment

More cute smilies in here http://www.pic4ever.com/index-2.htm
                          Thanks for the link valaCB *runs to check out website*

Good Morning everyone!!

sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

New Claudia interviw
                            The TPTB is so heartless about Vala, first these two movie and then she isn't on the cover of season 10 DVD
                            As Ed O'Brien from Radiohead once said: "You can read a hundred good reviews and the one bad one always sticks out and makes more sense.

Great smilies site!

A.

Comment

New Claudia interviw

How sweet
                              Thanks for the link.

from the interviewAnd the beauty of DVD is that they can chose which episodes or seasons to re-watch and skip others. (yes you, Vala haters! — smiles)
                              Oh wow...so they get a mention as a side bar and you're not happy she didn't mention her fans? It was a joke, really...see there where it says "smiles". It is also possible that the bit (I bolded in the quote) was a comment from the person INTERVIEWING Claudia and not from Claudia herself. I don't think Claudia really gives a rat's butt about the folks who do not like Vala - I hope you all do realize that not everyone who doesn't like Vala is a Vala hater. Yes there are folks who do hate Vala (I think they're just jealous of Claudia's gorgeous hair and talent. ) but there are others who simply do not like Vala and it is not a reflection on them liking Claudia. I know many people who do not like Vala but LOVE (that's right LOVE) Claudia.

It is perfectly ok to not like a character Claudia portrays and it doesn't make one a hater.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                It is perfectly ok to not like a character Claudia portrays and it doesn't make one a hater.
                                They actually got mentioned twice.

And of course, not liking a character doesn't mean you hate them. That would be ridiculous.

I guess it's only - I don't want to say fans, but generally people who are active on the net that are hyperaccutely aware of fandom fractions that ardently dislike or feverishly love a character.
                                The average watcher might realise that happens, but doesn't care or feel personally addressed in any way by comments. For them, a character's a character that they do or do not like. Nothing more and nothing less.
                                Bless their fortunate ignorance!

I'm part of another huge fandom and there's also a new-ish character that gets a lot of sometimes very cruel and personal dissing. I used to be wary of the character myself but have grown to really like them.

What's my point, actually?!

1) Hate-ons and limitless idolising happen on the net regardless of the fandom and its member profiles.

2) Sometimes it's so excessive an actor/actress is aware of it. Most of them deal with this just fine. Gee, rejection is par for the course in this profession.

3) Actors take on many different roles. You can appreciate them or their acting without liking every character..

4)I should stop rambling and post a pic.

A.

Comment

Working...
                                X