Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, voted

from AT interview about Vala/Claudia http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ooking_f.shtml

GW: And nobody tells Vala what to do

Vala Mal Doran introduced a spicy ingredient into the SG-1 equation in Season Nine.
    AT: Nobody can tell Vala what to do. At all.

GW: Which can be kind of fun.

AT: Yeah.

GW: I know that you said Season Nine was tough it was coming back late, and then having to deal with the baby. Has it been easier?

AT: Much.

GW: With her older, little more time or less time?

AT: It's partly that. I came back with a 6 week old baby four episodes into the season and I was completely overwhelmed. Coming back this year was way easier. Plus starting at the beginning, and it's a whole new team, and Claudia is there regularly so. It's a whole new dynamic, starting at the beginning of the season with that new dynamic made all the difference in the world. It's a way more cohesive team. And Olivia's a lot easier. I was still breastfeeding her up until July, so. It's not the same sort of demands. I wasn't exclusively breastfeeding her -- she did eat other food. So it wasn't as intense.

GW: And, to some extent Claudia's kind of taken your place, she was coming back with a little bitty baby.

AT: Yeah.
    The scene that's not shown, well you'll never see, that Rick adlibbed in the wedding was aah, Daniel turns to O'Neill and goes 'you know, if she doesn't show up, folks will think that….' And then of course, I beam in. But in the one take that we did, Michael turns to Rick and says 'You know, if she doesn't show up folks will think that…" and Rick said really loudly 'WE'RE GAY???'

Claudia and I were back in the bushes waiting to come on, laughing our heads off. It was just so funny. But I'd have to say that the Star Trek was, no, Farscape. I completely forgot about Farscape. Farscape was just the most fun spoof. Because we had Ben and Claudia there.

Comment

To
      All Gaters within journeying distance of London

you are cordially invited to visit the

The End is Nigh thread

for information regarding the
      GateWorld Last Episode Party

in Central London
      on 13th March 2007

Please tell a friend!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
        Yeah. CSI Miami's Horatio Caine is so unbelievably pretentious and self righteous.

CSI LV is still the best, IMO. And though I really like this show (apart from Catherine) I could tear it apart even with my limited knowledge of forensics from my degree. Not to mention logic.

Even if I sometimes suffer from acute brain death, as you've surely already noticed.

"The Closer" is also a crime show.

Funnily enough, I quite like ironing. I don't like vacuum cleaning or doing the dishes, though.

A.
        CSI: LV is the best of the three shows!! Grissom is much better than Horatio or the guy from New York! Why don't you like Catherine??

I watch "The Closer" from time to time! Forget it sometimes like I always forget to watch "Crossing Jordan"

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        I don't know if this has been posted but there's currently a poll up on the main page (www.gateworld.net) that asks:
        Thanks! Voted!

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
        Thanks, voted

from AT interview about Vala/Claudia http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...ooking_f.shtml
        Thanks for the quotes! That's so cute and funny
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
          CSI: LV is the best of the three shows!! Grissom is much better than Horatio or the guy from New York! Why don't you like Catherine??
          Grissom is ace! At the moment it's still up in the air if William Petersen (and Jorja Fox) will sign for season 8.

The problem I have with Catherine or rather her characterization is that she gets written as the ultimate sexy person. But her behaviour has been more than unprofessional on multiple occasions (taking over the investigation when her ex was occused of rape, using suspect DNA to test against hers for paternity confirmation - thereby blowing the case, blowing up the lab and thus destroying evidence of a dozen open cases, getting involved with suspects - unless she's busy insulting them,...) without ever having to deal with any consequences. And some of her cleavage bearing clothes are simply tasteless considering she's at crime scenes in a reality based show.

Catherine can be fun. Sometimes she's written very well - especially at the beginning of this season or when they let her work together with Sara and for once don't write in bi***ing.

All characters are flawed and have messed up, but she seems to get a "get free out of jail" card.

Phew, that was a bit of a rant.

Gotta compensate with a pic:

For size:

Spoiler:

A.
          VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Thanks, voted

Thanks for posting the quotes.

A.
            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Good interpretation ! But I still like Catherine....especially together with Warrick

What a huge pic!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
                For size:

Spoiler:

A.
                WOW! It's really HUGE!
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
                  Good interpretation ! But I still like Catherine....especially together with Warrick
                  YoBling is love!

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  I don't know if this has been posted but there's currently a poll up on the main page (www.gateworld.net) that asks:

"Which SG-1 character would you most want to see STAR in a new show?"

-Stef
                  Thanks, I'd missed that. *goes to vote*

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  I've had Pitch Black on my DVD shelf for ages now - still in it's wrapper.
                  Gotta pull it out to watch it sometime. Spoiler for the movie:
                  Spoiler:
                  I know her character dies - and not near the end - so I haven't been too excited to pop it in the DVD player.
                  I've seen Pitch Black twice but it was way before I knew of any 'Claudia Black' lol. It's a very good film tho imo. I'll have to watch it again, just for CB.
                  Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                  I watched the Quest again last night. Tehe.

Spoiler:

Great caps, Space! Really like the ones I've left in the cut, very cute!

Comment

If all goes according to plan, meaning that work cooperates....I'll be starting to do my own Avalon caps tomorrow off the DVDs. That means any that I posted before from stargatecaps or crash are likely to get deleted in the near future. Just giving you the heads up in case you wanted to save a copy...there weren't many.

Comment

Don't forget! Today is episode 10X11

Comment

Don't forget! Today is episode 10X11
                        And what an episode it was Not to get too detailed but Claudia was AMAZING! Let's just say that whoever complained about Vala being too one-note/comical was heard by TPTB. Just take a look at these screen caps:
                        Spoiler:

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Stef, i'll watch the epi in the evening.
                          Looks good

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

I hear the new ep is terrific and I'm avoiding all spoilers since it doesn't air here until March. If I'm quiet, that's why.

Avalon is in the DVD drive, but I have some stuff to do before I get to it. As the new pics are ready, I'll be posting them.

Comment

Music Video I made for The Quest Part2 .....Major spoiler be warned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXFEHyuWyVU

And please leave a comment

Lots of Claudia in it too Yay
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks to the wonders of Internet I've just finished watching The Quest pt. 2 and I ABSO-FRELLIN-LUTELY love this episode. Agree with Stef, M&M duo (Mallozzi/Mullie) did their homework right with Vala in this episode. And Claudia was 10000000000% brilliant - as always

Non-Vala moment I love in this episode is the
                                Spoiler:
                                sort of panthak jab Sam performed on Ba'al, that was great and he deserved this
                                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                                X