Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
    What is it?
    It's a TV movie based on the book "Hogfather" by Terry Pratchett, a sci-fi/fantasy author I can only recommend, if you like intelligent, inspired and tongue in cheek stories with the right amount of philosophy, heart and sarcasm - a master of dichotomy as you can tell.

Hogfather TV series (Wikipedia)

Hogfather Official Site by Sky One

Terry Pratchett (Wikipedia)

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

What channel is airing it? I don't remember when I played poker recently, it was very, very long time ago, when I still was at school... we used to play not for money of course, but for matches and the emotions were exactly the same!
      The channel is called "Das Vierte"

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
      That's pretty interesting stuff. Celebrity Poker Showdown (Wikipedia)
      Here is the direkt link Celebrity Poker at Bravotv.com

Gah, for the first time ever I managed to surpass my 6 GB d/l limit, so I'm on 56 kb for the rest of the month.
      But the Hogfather movie was so worth it!
      A.
      Ouch!
      Didn't know "The Hogfather" but Terry Pratchett is cool!!
      Spoiler:

Comment

It's a TV movie based on the book "Hogfather" by Terry Pratchett, a sci-fi/fantasy author I can only recommend, if you like intelligent, inspired and tongue in cheek stories with the right amount of philosophy, heart and sarcasm - a master of dichotomy as you can tell.

I know Terry Pratchett, and even met him personally when he visited Poland a year and a half ago promoting one of his books, he was our chat guest I have one of his books on the shelf, but haven't read it yet
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
          Cool!

I watched "Celebrity Poker Showdown" last night. They show it here in a strange order (had to tape the most of it because it's aired in the middle of the night)! It's soooo funny sometimes. I love Poker....have no idea how to play it but I love to watch it. Wouldn't it be cool if there will be the Stargate cast or at least some of them? Willi Garson was there twice. He taught Claudia how to play it. Many of the celebs there have no idea what they're doing!!
          I've seen once this show, it was with Michael Vartan.

A.
          I read many of his books, i love 'death' so much, he is so nice

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
            I've seen once this show, it was with Michael Vartan.
            Cool! I've seen so far:

Tournament 2:
            Game 1....Jerome Bettis, Rosario Dawson, Wanda Sykes, Mena Suvari, Travis Tritt
            Game 4....Sean Astin, Lauren Graham, Chris Masterson, Matthew Perry, Sara Rue

Tournament 3:
            Game 3....Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, David Cross, Peter Facinelli, Judy Greer
            Game 4....Michael Badalucco, Bobby Flay, Steve Harris, Kathy Najimy, Mimi Rogers

Oh...have you seen this --> 10 years of SG-1.....is this new or did I miss it??
            Last edited by Aeryn/Vala; 29 December 2006, 12:42 PM.
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
              I read many of his books, i love 'death' so much, he is so nice
              He's my favorite character together with Susan.
              In "Hogsfather" he has to cover for the Snowfather, i.e. Santa.

I know Terry Pratchett, and even met him personally when he visited Poland a year and a half ago promoting one of his books, he was our chat guest I have one of his books on the shelf, but haven't read it yet
              Cool.

A.

Comment

Cool.

A.
                The list of British or American writers and also from another countries, whom I met in our chat room is longer

Matthew Pearl, Jonathan Carroll, John Irving, Jeffery Deaver, Jason Goodwin, Marsha Mehran, Jose Carlos Somoza, Dennis Lehane, Eoin Colfer, Graham Masterton, Stephen Baxter, Tony Parsons, Neil Gaiman.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
                  Cool! I've seen so far:

Tournament 2:
                  Game 1....Jerome Bettis, Rosario Dawson, Wanda Sykes, Mena Suvari, Travis Tritt
                  Game 4....Sean Astin, Lauren Graham, Chris Masterson, Matthew Perry, Sara Rue

Tournament 3:
                  Game 3....Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, David Cross, Peter Facinelli, Judy Greer
                  Game 4....Michael Badalucco, Bobby Flay, Steve Harris, Kathy Najimy, Mimi Rogers
                  When exactly Das Vierte (I've found this channel and added to the list on my satellite receiver) airs it?

Oh...have you seen this --> 10 years of SG-1.....is this new or did I miss it??
                  Thanks for the heads up! It's new at stargatesg1.com, but we've seen Claud's clips from this already thanks to Firecracker

Comment

When exactly Das Vierte (I've found this channel and added to the list on my satellite receiver) airs it?
                    Sunday night (or monday morning...it's the same) 01:25
                    Wednesday night (Thursday morning) 00:00
                    Thursday night (Friday morning) 01:00

Thanks for the heads up! It's new at stargatesg1.com, but we've seen Claud's clips from this already thanks to Firecracker
                    Ahh....thanks! Couldn't see all cause my internet sucks at the moment
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Comment

Comment

*bumping it up to the page 1*

Last edited by Farscapefan; 31 December 2006, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Happy New Year everyone!
                            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Is it 2007 already in NZ?

Comment

http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...tItemId=206328 - really funny Vala vid

Comment

Working...
                                X