No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it was Claudia's decision as she already had them at the Comic Con 2004.
    Later she's simply got a different haircut ( the "Farah Fawcett") and I'm pretty sure the blondes dyed out, because noboday's hair grows that fast (except extensions, of course ).

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Hope you get better soon, Addy!

My New Year's resolution is to not take so much sh** from people anymore. And work on my abs. They're getting better but slooow. Still, I won't let that spoil my Christmas fun.

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
        I guess it was Claudia's decision as she already had them at the Comic Con 2004.
        A.
        But the Comic Con was AFTER she filmed "Prometheus Unbound" where we saw the blonde streaks for the first time, I believe.
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
          But the Comic Con was AFTER she filmed "Prometheus Unbound" where we saw the blonde streaks for the first time, I believe.
          I tried to find an airdate for PU but didn't succeed right away.
          Given on how short a notice the SG thing came together I don't think she had the time to do it just for the show. With such dark hair it takes hours and IMHO it would be a waste of time - schedule wise. If they'd wanted blonde streaks, they could have used artificial ones - don't know what that's called in English.

A.

P.S.: So much hair talk from someone who 99% of the time wears a (messy) knot.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
            I tried to find an airdate for PU but didn't succeed right away.
            Given on how short a notice the SG thing came together I don't think she had the time to do it just for the show. With such dark hair it takes hours and IMHO it would be a waste of time - schedule wise. If they'd wanted blonde streaks, they could have used artificial ones - don't know what that's called in English.

A.

P.S.: So much hair talk from someone who 99% of the time wears a (messy) knot.
            And I wear short hair all the time

PU was aired on Sky One in UK on December 2004, just before Christmas and I believe January/February 2005 in USA. I remember this as I've got a CD-R with the UK version of the episode from my colleague before Christmas 2004.
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
              And I wear short hair all the time

PU was aired on Sky One in UK on December 2004, just before Christmas and I believe January/February 2005 in USA. I remember this as I've got a CD-R with the UK version of the episode from my colleague before Christmas 2004.
              I get used to my new haircut and wear my hair open more often (did that also before the new haircut)....if the hair don't look too messy when I get up in the morning

So PU was shot May/June 2004? But I think the streakes were her own choice!
              Spoiler:

Comment

I guess I'll have to go back and watch Prometheus Unbound, but I could swear that Claudia's streaks are more copper-colored as opposed to blonde. They didn't stand out as much to me as early season 9 where they were really blonde streaks.

Whether Claudia chose the earlier and/or later streaks or not, I thought it was a cool idea. Something very non-Aeryn.

And that's a great pic from Comic Con (where Claudia is taking a photo and making a motion for people to move closer together). Might add that to my collection motivational workout pics. I want a flat tummy like *that*!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I've always had very short hair until 3 years ago when I started to let it grow out. And gosh, it's really long now. My hair grows fast. Funnily enough, it was really easy this time. Whenever I've tried it before I got the urge to cut it after a couple of months.

A.

Comment

I loved her blonde streaks. She looked cool and very beautiful. She went to the 2005 Saturn Awards with that hair too. I really missed these streaks when I saw the last season 9 episodes.

Comment

Good night, everyone! The morning will be busy, but I'll be around.

I'm working my way through the FS premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                        I guess I'll have to go back and watch Prometheus Unbound, but I could swear that Claudia's streaks are more copper-colored as opposed to blonde. They didn't stand out as much to me as early season 9 where they were really blonde streaks.

Whether Claudia chose the earlier and/or later streaks or not, I thought it was a cool idea. Something very non-Aeryn.

And that's a great pic from Comic Con (where Claudia is taking a photo and making a motion for people to move closer together). Might add that to my collection motivational workout pics. I want a flat tummy like *that*!

Very subtle streaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
                          Amanda said nice things about Claudia in the new issue of the German magazine "Space View". And Claudia is also nominated for the "Space View - Award" in "Best TV Actress" and "Sexiest Woman: Misses SCI-FI". You can vote here but I think only Germans, Austrian and Swiss can win the prizes!

Here is what Amanda said. Hope my translation is ok :
                          Nice to read. Thanks.
                          My hair is long and Good night Addy
                          Last edited by valaCB; 20 December 2006, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Addy - thanks for the Prometheus Unboard pic - exactly what I was talking about!!! The streaks are sort of copper-colored. Very subtle.

Since we're talking about our own hair a bit - I have long hair, though not as long as Vala's in Prometheus Unbound. I haven't had a haircut in *ages* and really should get a trim soon. It's supposed to keep the hair healthy. I donated my hair to Locks of Love over a year and a half ago. (For those that don't know - Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. www.locksoflove.org) I plan to donate my hair again when it gets long enough. They won't take a donation shorter than 10 inches.

I was actually in more of a Farscape mood than a Stargate mood tonight, so I'm watching The Way We Weren't (from season 2). One of my absolute favorites.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Love TWWW

Comment

Hey! Is this monstronsity she's wearing rubber or leather or a combination?

Comment

Working...
                                X