Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
    Okay. I have a really random comment/question. In the Scaper Studio 10 questions videos, the one where they're asked "what job would you hate?", did anyone else think it was kinda funny/strange/ironic/*insert your word here* that Claud said Waitress? I guess it's different, but I thought she would be a good waitress, from what we saw on MM...

Okay, un-randomising now.

I don't know if it's archived anywhere (I'm sure it is) but she did a very funny online chat with Anthony Simcoe some time back (1999? 2000?) and talks about waitressing and the like. Her hope at the time was to never have to say "you want fries with that" again. And I think she's alluded to it again, in that she's now at that point in her career where she'll never have to say it.

I was kinda hoping they'd incorporate it into the MM script

I was actually hoping they'd do a lot more with that script but that's a different topic altogether.

BTW, she and Simcoe also did a radio type show that was on SciFi.com for awhile. It was called "Black Canoes", it was weird but she and Simcoe have the most awesome voices.

I don't think it's available anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

I'm a little bitter because there seems to be a shocking lack of Daniel/Vala (Michael/Claudia) pictures. There are like 3 pictures of Vala/Sam, a bunch of the boys club, a few Sam/Cam but not a one for DV....come to think of it, there's quite a bit of Sam....what's that about? And where are my Atlantis promo pictures? Honestly, people, only 4 ensemble pictures and no individual ones?

-Stef
      No offense, but Amanda Tapping has been on the show for ten frelling years! Let's just say I was a little put out with the Farscape promos when we saw a lot of Raelee Hill in season 4 (nothing against Raelee, she's lovely) and nothing with Gigi Edgley, who'd been on the show since mid season 1.

And if they had displaced Claudia with one of the new chicks in those FS promos...well, let's just say, I would have been plenty put out.

Fair is fair. I guess I'm a big believer in seniority and AT has been there longer. SG1 would not be SG1 without Sam Carter.

I just wish the two gals got a lot more screentime together.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
        I don't know if it's archived anywhere (I'm sure it is) but she did a very funny online chat with Anthony Simcoe some time back (1999? 2000?) and talks about waitressing and the like. Her hope at the time was to never have to say "you want fries with that" again. And I think she's alluded to it again, in that she's now at that point in her career where she'll never have to say it.

I was kinda hoping they'd incorporate it into the MM script

I was actually hoping they'd do a lot more with that script but that's a different topic altogether.

BTW, she and Simcoe also did a radio type show that was on SciFi.com for awhile. It was called "Black Canoes", it was weird but she and Simcoe have the most awesome voices.

Carol (Black Canoes) http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia - Audio

Via google -
        http://www.scifi.com/transcripts/1999/DArgo-Aeryn.html

Comment

Uhm... have you EVER visited Claudia Black Portal? The link to the play is HERE
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Thanks for the links. Am listening now
            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

No offense, but Amanda Tapping has been on the show for ten frelling years! Let's just say I was a little put out with the Farscape promos when we saw a lot of Raelee Hill in season 4 (nothing against Raelee, she's lovely) and nothing with Gigi Edgley, who'd been on the show since mid season 1.

And if they had displaced Claudia with one of the new chicks in those FS promos...well, let's just say, I would have been plenty put out.

Fair is fair. I guess I'm a big believer in seniority and AT has been there longer. SG1 would not be SG1 without Sam Carter.

I just wish the two gals got a lot more screentime together.
              I really have to agree here.

A.
              VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                  I'm a little bitter because there seems to be a shocking lack of Daniel/Vala (Michael/Claudia) pictures. There are like 3 pictures of Vala/Sam, a bunch of the boys club, a few Sam/Cam but not a one for DV....come to think of it, there's quite a bit of Sam....what's that about?
                  -Stef
                  I suppose they still don't realize how big D/V shippers army is... Actually it's another thing to ask Claudia about and let her know about D/V shippers

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                    *sniff*

Poor Dacon.

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
                      *sniff*

Poor Dacon.

A.
                      There's great outtake from this episode "I forgot to get killed!"

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
                        *sniff*

Poor Dacon.

A.

Comment

Uhm... have you EVER visited Claudia Black Portal? The link to the play is HERE
                          Yeah, I have, but I'm more familiar with the .de site and I know the link wasn't getting me anywhere last night.

But, gee, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Yeah, I have, but I'm more familiar with the .de site and I know the link wasn't getting me anywhere last night.

But, gee, thanks for the heads up.
                            I suggest visiting Print Media area at CBP - there are SCANS of Claudia's interviews from the past. .de site has only transcripts

Comment

It happens (that you forget to get killed).

A.

Comment

Oh yeah that's sooooo !
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X