Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
    Great vid. I love Sam. I love Vala. Spin them off into their own show.

As the girl next door, I know exactly how Sam feels

Comment

just a lil pic before I got to uni

Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
      Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
      If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
      "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

So, today, I so totally bought the PK Wars on DVD.

I know! It's an awesome place to start my Farscape DVD collection!

YAY, are there special features on it? I can't watch it for another 24 days though stupid exams... But yay!
        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

I don't like these new hi-res pics (emedian.net). You can use make-up to look healthy,beautiful and even you can use it to look younger. But Claudia looks older, look at her face!!, She is 34 but she looks 44 (even more) in these 2 pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
            I don't like these new pics. You can use make-up to look healthy,beautiful and even you can use it to look younger. But Claudia looks older, look at her face!!, She is 34 but she looks 44 (even more) in these 2 pics.
            Yeah, but we love Claudia anyway

So, today, I so totally bought the PK Wars on DVD.
            I also have the DVD. The Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [2005] (REGION 2) has much more in it. More interviews with the crew.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farscape-Pea...025956-1880431

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
              I also have the DVD. The Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars [2005] (REGION 2) has much more in it. More interviews with the crew.
              I bought region 1. Can't wait till it arrives, hopefully tomorrow.
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                I bought region 1. Can't wait till it arrives, hopefully tomorrow.
                I also have reagion1 .
                But don't you want to see the 4 seasons before the PKwars. Very recommended

Comment

Yes. I am going to watch it all again. I have a week off work just for Farscape after my last exam Lots of Aeryn-ie goodness
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
                    Yeah, but we love Claudia anyway
                    Sure, we will always love her but I think I'm going to find this photographer to tell him a few words.

I have region 1 DVD because it's the only one with Spanish subtitles. Can you believe that?. I have to buy Farscape DVD's outside of my country because there are not Farscape DVD's here. I'm very angry
                    Last edited by Runciter; 03 November 2006, 03:16 AM.

Comment

My copy of Titan's book "Stargate SG-1 The Illustrated Companion Season 9" has just arrived today!

Michael Shanks wrote Foreword (in June 2006) to it in which he called Claudia "the dearest touchstone of my career", isn't it lovely?
                      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

My copy of Titan's book "Stargate SG-1 The Illustrated Companion Season 9" has just arrived today!

Michael Shanks wrote Foreword (in June 2006) to it in which he called Claudia "the dearest touchstone of my career", isn't it lovely?
                        WOW!
                        special woman indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
                          Sure, we will always love her but I think I'm going to find this photographer to tell him a few words.
                          Yeah, nobody was doing her any favors when they took those pictures. I honestly don't think anyone would have looked good...no matter what the age. It's strange, in some pictures she's overly airbrushed but in the one major close-up, they opted not to do it. Umm....okay.

I'm a little bitter because there seems to be a shocking lack of Daniel/Vala (Michael/Claudia) pictures. There are like 3 pictures of Vala/Sam, a bunch of the boys club, a few Sam/Cam but not a one for DV....come to think of it, there's quite a bit of Sam....what's that about? And where are my Atlantis promo pictures? Honestly, people, only 4 ensemble pictures and no individual ones?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                            I agree--she's always reacting.
                            Point well taken! It seemed like Sikozu and Aeryn could have been buds, though, given the chance. I don't recall a lot of tralk slapping going on between them. Ultimately, I think Zhaan and Aeryn's conflicts were more along the lines of alpha male--it was more of a cultural chasm (warrior/peacemaker, or prisoner/jailer). I never thought their conflict was rooted in female/female.
                            There was definitely potential for Sikozu-Aeryn, two women who put the whole before themselves. Which makes it even more dissappointing. Sure, Sikozu's alliance/friendship with Scorpius made her more of an antagonist, but it could have made for an interesting conflict for Sikozu's character, if she had developed some bond with the Moyan side.

You're absolutely right about Zhaan and Aeryn. Their antagomism stems from their similarities and differences in character.

It was Chi/Aeryn and Jool/Aeryn who had the more girlie type conflicts. And I never bought Chi as Aeryn's buddy.
                            I always saw more of sisterly type of relationship. And for someone as protective of her crew members as Aeryn, Chiana's careless - rather carefree behaviour must have been aggravating.
                            And she was a rival for John's attention to a degree.

Not to mention the pantak jab and the "tsk". I saw A Bug's Life first so in five minutes of my first FS ep I was sold.
                            I just had the TV on in the background, so I didn't get much of the ep. It was pure coincidence that I looked up at that moment.

I like the way the relationship between Vala and Sam develops. Granted, we're barely getting anything, but what we get is believable.

A.
                            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Aww If I were Claudia, my head would be so big by now. Does anyone know if they've made any behind the scenes features with Claudia and Michael? I'd love to see how they interact....of course, even better would be if they held a convention together.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

We still have this one of DV and I think it is a very cute picture, maybe its just me but I love claudia so no matter what lighting or makeup she is wearing she's still the same to me.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X