Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orovingwen View Post
    One of my fave farscape scenes:
    What was happening here? I never did get into Farscape.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
      It's probably best to pace oneself with CB...she is rather intense.
      She is addicted. Look at me, coming in here and posting pics of her...

maybe one episode a day is good contingent.. not a marathon for a change *bg*
      She is cute and adorable
      Last edited by valaCB; 31 October 2006, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier General Pants View Post
        What was happening here? I never did get into Farscape.
        You start with the easiest question, right?

It's the tag scene of the first episode in S2, "Mind the Baby".

A very sweet moment between Aeryn and John Crichton where emotional exhaustion does come into play - Aeryn would hardly let Crichton that close at that moment in the series, otherwise.

Here's a transcript, just scroll to "tag, scene 2": Mind the Baby

A.
        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

*sigh* Stop making me miss Farscape, guys That was a cute scene. One of my favorite scenes is the last scene in 4.14 "Twice Shy"...here's the transcript (it's their last exchange). Claudia and Ben played it so brilliantly...considering that what they were saying was the opposite of what was coming out of their mouths. It was just really sweet...and emotional....and passionate. All of the things I loved about them.

On another topic, I made a Vala wallpaper & icon. Here's the icon version...I'll put the wallpaper in "spoilers" just for its size.

Spoiler:

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
            You start with the easiest question, right?

It's the tag scene of the first episode in S2, "Mind the Baby".

A very sweet moment between Aeryn and John Crichton where emotional exhaustion does come into play - Aeryn would hardly let Crichton that close at that moment in the series, otherwise.

I was defenetly a bit surprised that this happens then (I was spoilered for the two of them because my first encounter with farscape was the movie.. not really the best to start with ) but maybe that's why itw as so cute. they just needed to rest a bit and what did they do? they get near.

@Stef
            there are always the DVDs
            great WP btw!
            Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
            Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
            If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
            "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

Originally posted by Orovingwen
              @Stef
              there are always the DVDs
              great WP btw!
              Yes, but the DVDs are so ridiculously priced that I can never bring myself to buy them (and nobody is willing to pay more than double the normal price for a DVD set to get them for me). Why are they so expensive anyway? Arg. No matter, I taped the entire series on VHS awhile back when they had that week-long marathon before the mini-series...so I have all of the episodes on tapes, labeled somewhere. I just wish that Farscape was allowed to keep going. Although, if it had...we wouldn't have gotten Vala...or Mitchell. It's a trade-off...although now SG-1 is ending so....

There's just no justice in the world. SG-1 and Farscape are cancelled but shows like "According to Jim" and "Survivor" are still going (sorry to any fans of either of those two shows...but...yeah).

Just out of curiosity (sorry if this has already been asked), if you did watch Farscape, who do you like better: Aeryn or Vala?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Beautiful wallpaper, Stef.

Don't know, if you've heard about the Starburst Editions of the Farscape DVDs. They're cheaper and have more/new extras (commentaries!).

Farscape Starburst Editions

I can't really choose between Vala and Aeryn, because they're so far apart (which is a testament to Claudia's talent).
                I suppose Aeryn will always mean a little bit more to me, because she came first and I can identify more with her.

A.
                VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

From my point of view Aeryn is my favourite character of Claudia and I think she is the best too. It's about the way she played her, this spirit of Ripley and Sarah Connor, the spirit of strong warrior woman that I always love whe I see a movie or a TV show. She has a strong personality but at the same time she has flaws as a human being. She is a perfect soldier but she is weak with her human emotions and she has to learn to deal with them. That is the greatness of Aeryn.
                  Vala is lighter than Aeryn, I mean she is a great character but Aeryn has more evolution and more development than Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
                    From my point of view Aeryn is my favourite character of Claudia and I think she is the best too. It's about the way she played her, this spirit of Ripley and Sarah Connor, the spirit of strong warrior woman that I always love whe I see a movie or a TV show. She has a strong personality but at the same time she has flaws as a human being. She is a perfect soldier but she is weak with her human emotions and she has to learn to deal with them. That is the greatness of Aeryn.
                    Vala is lighter than Aeryn, I mean she is a great character but Aeryn has more evolution and more development than Vala.
                    Yes Aeryn does have a way to travel and is flawed but the same could be said for Vala. Vala for me is more realistic, she is a survivor and we all can associate that with our self. Vala has a much longer journey to travel in terms of evolution as a person. As Aeryn she was strong, and simplistic with problems. However Vala has been through so much more than the character Aeryn ever was. Aeryn was a soldier which means she lived a sheltered life as a peacekeeper, given it wasn’t easy but it was sheltered. Then she went against everything she was taught and had to learn human emotion or emotion in general.

Vala on the other hand was taken by the Goa’uld as a host and had to watch the countless murders that her own hand had cause. After she was beaten to death or close to it buy her own village. She had to rely on herself to stay alive for there was no one else. There is so much back story to her character that I would love to see what it is. Just like Aeryn, Vala has to learn emotion all over again too. Why? Its is because, with Vala emotions are a weakness that can lead to hurt but those she gets close to.

For me Vala has a tormented past and I hope a bright future with Daniel, both Character are played beautifully (of course thanks to Claudia Black). I love them both but I see more of myself in the Vala's Character than in the Aeryn persona.

“Honey life for me ain’t been no crystal staircase” Robert Frost - Book of poetry

I hope this makes sense....in class right now and don't have time for spell check lol
                    Last edited by Nefertiti; 01 November 2006, 04:34 AM.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

I can't really choose between Vala and Aeryn, because they're so far apart (which is a testament to Claudia's talent).
                      I suppose Aeryn will always mean a little bit more to me, because she came first and I can identify more with her.

A.
                      Totally agree!! Aeryn is the character where Claudia could show her dramatic talent and Vala is the character where she can/could show her talent as a comedian!

Like the wallpaper and icon, Stef!! Can I upload both to ClaudiaBlackPortal??
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                        Just out of curiosity (sorry if this has already been asked), if you did watch Farscape, who do you like better: Aeryn or Vala?

-Stef
                        Really hard question, because Vala is unfortunately not fully developed character yet, but there's something about her, to me at least, that she managed to capture slightly bigger part of my heart than Aeryn
                        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Don't know, if you've heard about the Starburst Editions of the Farscape DVDs. They're cheaper and have more/new extras (commentaries!).

Farscape Starburst Editions
                          A.
                          They're much cheaper HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                            They're much cheaper HERE
                            Thanks Farscaperfan.....I have all Stargate SG1 Seasons (not ten yet) and I love Farscape but haven't bought any yet......

Want list for x-mas
                            All of Farscape (Check)
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti View Post
                              I have all Stargate SG1 Seasons (not ten yet)

ooooooooo really? i only have seasons 1 and 2 of sg1 lol, i havent go around to getting the rest yet. so my collection seems outdated. bummer lol

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dr McKay View Post
                                ooooooooo really? i only have seasons 1 and 2 of sg1 lol, i havent go around to getting the rest yet. so my collection seems outdated. bummer lol
                                I only have season 9 DVDs (UK release, single DVDs) and one disc containing Claud's season 8 episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X