Congrats on 1,800 posts, Farscapefan!

Comment

Busy day at work...be back when I can.

Stupid paperwork.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post

There was also this little pic:

Look at him, he is four beer behind us and doesn't know that he is on Moya! Hicks!

:

Love the painting

BTW- anyone in here have seen 'Heroes'. i've just seen episode 5. Very recommended!

Comment

Thanks Aeryn/Vala for the scans.

Ok here's the interview.

-----------------------------------------------------

Claudia Black as Vala

by Daniel Schürmann (SpaceView Nov/Dec 2006)

Everything began with a guest role in S8. Since then one can’t imagine SG-1 without Vala, played by Claudia Black (“Farscape”). Fans have grown fond of her and the producers were so impressed by her repeat performance as Vala Mal Doran in S9 that Claudia was added to the main cast for S10. We’ve talked with the Australian actress during the shooting of the record breaking 10th season of Stargate.

“Vala is a bit like Han Solo.”

SpaceView: Since S10 you’re part of the main cast. How do you feel?

Claudia Black: Exhausted! You have to get used to the working hours, but it’s great to see all the people everyday instead of once a year - as it was for the last two years.

SV: How did you et the role of Vala?

CB: I was offered a guest part in the episode “Vala” [OT: “Prometheus Unbound”], I didn’t even have to do a casting. I read the script and thought it was very funny. As it was only a couple of days of shooting, I could squeeze it into my schedule on my way back to Los Angeles. From the first minute of working together with Michael Shanks and director Andy Mikita I realised this would be a great episode. Everyone on set told me that my character would return, if I wanted to play her again.

SV: Who is Vala? What’s your impression?

CB: She’s a woman from another planet and is a bit like Han Solo. Most of the time she solely fights for her survival and she has gone through hard times. I think she admires the SG-1 team, because it works well and in an organised fashion. Additionally the team is like a happy family for her that goes on adventures together. At the same time she’d be bored, if she had to stay in the same place for too long. And after all those years of being on her own, it’s hard for her to be part of a group. She also sees the big chance of going on a treasure hunt, if she were able to get everyone in Stargate Command on her side. At the end of S9 we learn that she does care for other people and only lies to survive. But at this stage it’s very hard to trust her completely.

SV: What makes SG-1 so special?

CB: For me personally, it’s the people I work with and the fun we have on set everyday.

SV: What role does Vala play at the end of S9?

CB: Vala informs SG-1 about the danger the Ori present and that they’re planning a huge attack. And she tells the team that the Ori are building a new Supergate and that it’s only a matter of time until Earth will be under attack. We also learn what has happened to her in the Ori-galaxy lately.

SV: Is there a romantic relationship planned for Vala?

CB: It’s more fun to play with the (sexual) tension between characters than to have them in a relationship. I enjoy my scenes with Michael [Shanks, Dr. Daniel Jackson] a lot and wouldn’t want to change that. Nevertheless I’m anticipating how their friendship will develop.

SV: How long - in your opinion - can “Stargate” go on?

CB: “There is no limit” as the saying goes. It can go on for years. (The interview was done before the cancellation was announced. A.)

SV: Thank you very much for the interview, Claudia. Is there something you want to say to the German fans?

CB: Thank you for your support! You’ll definitely enjoy S10 and we just had the fun of shooting the 200th episode. If you’re a long time fan, you’ll surely love the episode. Congratulations to everyone who’s supported our show and made it so successful. I’m sure it will continue to be so successful - because of the fans! 200 episodes is a milestone and you all have helped making this dream reality.

---------------------------------------------------

A.
            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

lunch bump..

Comment

A.
                VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Just found this on Youtube, really great vid! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq22zJ8H9wI
                  T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

And another one from me, not Vala-centric, but Vala is in it, of course - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUr2YBu0B5A - let me know your opinions about it!

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                      Just found this on Youtube, really great vid! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq22zJ8H9wI
                      There is a scene of Dr. Who (Rose episode) in that Vala video (2:42). I think that the maker forgot to edit it.

And another one from me, not Vala-centric, but Vala is in it, of course - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUr2YBu0B5A - let me know your opinions about it!
                      I love it, I think it's a great fan video. What program did you use to edit the clips?. Well maybe a better transition effects between clips would be greater than this. But is just an opinion, I love that kind of effects when I edit my own videos. And of course text effects too. I also think that a Gregorian song needs a gothic font for the design of the text. Another thing about title, don't you think that a transparent background would be better?
                      Last edited by Runciter; 25 October 2006, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
                        Thanks Aeryn/Vala for the scans.

Ok here's the interview.

-----------------------------------------------------

Claudia Black as Vala

by Daniel Schürmann (SpaceView Nov/Dec 2006)

Everything began with a guest role in S8. Since then one can’t imagine SG-1 without Vala, played by Claudia Black (“Farscape”). Fans have grown fond of her and the producers were so impressed by her repeat performance as Vala Mal Doran in S9 that Claudia was added to the main cast for S10. We’ve talked with the Australian actress during the shooting of the record breaking 10th season of Stargate.

“Vala is a bit like Han Solo.”

SpaceView: Since S10 you’re part of the main cast. How do you feel?

Claudia Black: Exhausted! You have to get used to the working hours, but it’s great to see all the people everyday instead of once a year - as it was for the last two years.

SV: How did you et the role of Vala?

CB: I was offered a guest part in the episode “Vala” [OT: “Prometheus Unbound”], I didn’t even have to do a casting. I read the script and thought it was very funny. As it was only a couple of days of shooting, I could squeeze it into my schedule on my way back to Los Angeles. From the first minute of working together with Michael Shanks and director Andy Mikita I realised this would be a great episode. Everyone on set told me that my character would return, if I wanted to play her again.

SV: Who is Vala? What’s your impression?

CB: She’s a woman from another planet and is a bit like Han Solo. Most of the time she solely fights for her survival and she has gone through hard times. I think she admires the SG-1 team, because it works well and in an organised fashion. Additionally the team is like a happy family for her that goes on adventures together. At the same time she’d be bored, if she had to stay in the same place for too long. And after all those years of being on her own, it’s hard for her to be part of a group. She also sees the big chance of going on a treasure hunt, if she were able to get everyone in Stargate Command on her side. At the end of S9 we learn that she does care for other people and only lies to survive. But at this stage it’s very hard to trust her completely.

SV: What makes SG-1 so special?

CB: For me personally, it’s the people I work with and the fun we have on set everyday.

SV: What role does Vala play at the end of S9?

CB: Vala informs SG-1 about the danger the Ori present and that they’re planning a huge attack. And she tells the team that the Ori are building a new Supergate and that it’s only a matter of time until Earth will be under attack. We also learn what has happened to her in the Ori-galaxy lately.

SV: Is there a romantic relationship planned for Vala?

CB: It’s more fun to play with the (sexual) tension between characters than to have them in a relationship. I enjoy my scenes with Michael [Shanks, Dr. Daniel Jackson] a lot and wouldn’t want to change that. Nevertheless I’m anticipating how their friendship will develop.

SV: How long - in your opinion - can “Stargate” go on?

CB: “There is no limit” as the saying goes. It can go on for years. (The interview was done before the cancellation was announced. A.)

SV: Thank you very much for the interview, Claudia. Is there something you want to say to the German fans?

CB: Thank you for your support! You’ll definitely enjoy S10 and we just had the fun of shooting the 200th episode. If you’re a long time fan, you’ll surely love the episode. Congratulations to everyone who’s supported our show and made it so successful. I’m sure it will continue to be so successful - because of the fans! 200 episodes is a milestone and you all have helped making this dream reality.

---------------------------------------------------

A.
                        Thank you for the translation. It was very nice interview

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
                          There is a scene of Dr. Who (Rose episode) in that Vala video (2:42). I think that the maker forgot to edit it.

I love it, I think it's a great fan video. What program did you use to edit the clips?. Well maybe a better transition effects between clips would be greater than this. But is just an opinion, I love that kind of effects when I edit my own videos. And of course text effects too. I also think that a Gregorian song needs a gothic font for the design of the text. Another thing about title, don't you think that a transparent background would be better?
                          I've made this using Windows Movie Maker. I was going to add transition effects between clips, but when I started doing this, the system started to hang up, so I left it like it is. Do you know where to find any gothic fonts?

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                            I've made this using Windows Movie Maker. I was going to add transition effects between clips, but when I started doing this, the system started to hang up, so I left it like it is.
                            I started to work with that program but it always hangs up. So I use it only to capture clips. It's easy and fast. But if I have to edit and create personal videos I use Sony Vegas 6.0. I love it.

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                            Do you know where to find any gothic fonts?
                            Yes, I know a few pages with free fonts like this one: dafont.com

I have downloaded a lot of fonts from there to design graphics, videos and more things.
                            Last edited by Runciter; 26 October 2006, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Goodnight Everybody

I'm gonna creat a Portfolio in Photoshop but i need some photos off Claudia can anyone share them .. i could Search through the forum but i'm a bit Lazy right now ....

Comment

I've made this using Windows Movie Maker. I was going to add transition effects between clips, but when I started doing this, the system started to hang up, so I left it like it is. Do you know where to find any gothic fonts?
                                My WMM always shuts down when I try to work with it! That's why I can't work on my vids

Gothic fonts: http://simplythebest.net/fonts/gothic_fonts.html
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X