Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
    I'm gonna have to re-watch--she does the slap/punch thing on his back, a sort of playful "come on" type of thing. It just doesn't seem like Aeryn, especially with the following J/A scene where she's so annoyed.
    I always interpreted a bit like this.
    She was bothered by Tahleen's comment about her automatically seeing the military aspect of the half hidden ship. As she couldn't really do something, she punched John for his "Toxic. That figures." comment instead.

Jacob is always right! Hee!

Though sometimes a bit too much into interpretation, IMHO.

I love the "is that my underwear?" scene from Rhapsody in Blue. She's so sleepy and disinterested and he's all "hey, you stole my shorts!"

"What does that say?"

"Calvin."

"Then they're not yours" and she snaps the waistband back into place.

ha!
    You can't fault her logic. I guess PK clothes are name tagged just like on Earth.

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
      I always interpreted a bit like this.
      She was bothered by Tahleen's comment about her automatically seeing the military aspect of the half hidden ship. As she couldn't really do something, she punched John for his "Toxic. That figures." comment instead.
      LOL! I always interpreted as he was there and she just wanted to touch him

Though sometimes a bit too much into interpretation, IMHO.
      Well, I will admit there is a fair amount of interpreting going on. Sometimes I'll go back and watch the episodes and think, "weeellll...all righty then." It's ok. He usually gives Aeryn a lot of credit and gives lots of kudos to Claudia:

Again, pain in her eyes, she mouths to him: I don't know. Black plays this brilliantly, because it's her reaction -- even though you know the imperfection is Aeryn's right now -- that makes this so heartbreaking. It lends so much shading and confusion to what follows.
      I think some of the other recappers are equally generous

You can't fault her logic. I guess PK clothes are name tagged just like on Earth.

A.
      The Calvin line reminds me of "Back to the Future" where Marty's teen-aged mom thinks his name is "Calvin" because it's on his underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
        LOL! I always interpreted as he was there and she just wanted to touch him
        Also plausible. And she makes the grumpy face lest he'd think she'd actually want to touch him. *

Well, I will admit there is a fair amount of interpreting going on. Sometimes I'll go back and watch the episodes and think, "weeellll...all righty then." It's ok. He usually gives Aeryn a lot of credit and gives lots of kudos to Claudia:

I think some of the other recappers are equally generous
        They are. And I really appreciate and enjoy the recaps. But also sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. *

The Calvin line reminds me of "Back to the Future" where Marty's teen-aged mom thinks his name is "Calvin" because it's on his underwear.

A.

* Thank god it's not me doing all the squinting or I'd get a cramp in my eye muscles. *OUCH*
        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
          Also plausible. And she makes the grumpy face lest he'd think she'd actually want to touch him. *
          Indeed!

Comment

Ok...here comes the translation of that news on ClaudiaBlackOnline:

Nobody knows enough about an animated movie project called "Stolen Life", is a low budget project designed by Nanoflix Company. Claudia Black has put her great voice in that movie playing a main character. "Stolen Life" has been created by Machinima software, a great 3D graphic engine used to design videogames.
            A few moths ago I wrote something about this 3D animated movie in that article and now the movie has been finished to be ready for the 2006 Machinima Festival.
            This movie is not like "Shrek" or "Monsters Inc.", this movie has a low budget and it hasn’t overwhelming campaigns of marketing and we never will see it in countries like Spain, or in big comercial areas, but sometimes best works are low budget projects, without much money, without much technology or with many people waiting on the tail of the cinema.
            Fortunately at the end they will send a DVD for all of us and we will buy it when it will be available in real stores or virtual stores.
            Claudia Black has played the voice of one of the robots and if you want more information and if you want to see the trailer, download a hi-res poster the only thing you have to do is type this address on your browser, the official website of Nanoflix and meantime you can read all the nominations in 2006 Machinima Festival. "Stolen Life" has been nominated for six awards in the following categories. These awards are also called "Mackies":
            • Best Picture (Stolen Life - Nanoflix Productions)
            • Best Voice-Acting Performance (Claudia Black and all the people of the audio team, Stolen Life - Nanoflix Productions)
            • Best Virtual Performance: Custom Animation (Stolen Life - Nanoflix Productions)
            • Best Visual Design (Stolen Life - Nanoflix Productions)
            • Best Original Music (Phillip Johnston, Stolen Life - Nanoflix Productions)
            • Best Technical Achievement (Stolen Life - Nanoflix Productions)

Claudia Black Online would like to wish luck to Claudia and all the members of "Stolen Life" team. The jury members will announce the winners next moth. There is more information about this Festival on the official website and on these YouTube videoclips.
            My English is not perfect but I would like to write in a perfect way so, you can tell me (PM) what words are wrong, gramatical errors, you know, this kind of things. Not only in this post, in every post that I write too. I'm learning you know.
            Last edited by Runciter; 16 October 2006, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Hey Room it's been a while, Hope all is well and Yay Stargate SG1 starts in just one more day for those in the UK!!!!!! Hope you Love the Season like I have!

Anywho I was wondering if any one can help me. I am looking for a clip of Daniel Jackson crying....I mean seriously crying, I am making a Vala Daniel Video and forgot to bring my SG1 seasons to work lol so if anyone could help Me I would be ever so thankful!!!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti View Post
                Hey Room it's been a while, Hope all is well and Yay Stargate SG1 starts in just one more day for those in the UK!!!!!! Hope you Love the Season like I have!

Anywho I was wondering if any one can help me. I am looking for a clip of Daniel Jackson crying....I mean seriously crying, I am making a Vala Daniel Video and forgot to bring my SG1 seasons to work lol so if anyone could help Me I would be ever so thankful!!!
                Good idea, I love make videos too and host them on YouTube for everybody. Are you going to host it on that web?.
                Mmm I don't remember episodes where Daniel was crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
                  Good idea, I love make videos too and host them on YouTube for everybody. Are you going to host it on that web?.
                  Mmm I don't remember episodes where Daniel was crying.
                  I normally don't make a music video unless I hear a song that fits just right and that I did over the weekend. I was able to get a copy of the song and now I am working on the music video. I do hope everyone likes it when I post it on youtube, and yes I will copy the link here. About 1/3 of the way done......I want this to be a great one because the song means a lot to me! well Off to go edit and I found a great clip of Daniel in a very emotional state that would fit wonderfully here. Thanks everyone!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I normally don't make a music video unless I hear a song that fits just right and that I did over the weekend. I was able to get a copy of the song and now I am working on the music video. I do hope everyone likes it when I post it on youtube, and yes I will copy the link here. About 1/3 of the way done......I want this to be a great one because the song means a lot to me! well Off to go edit and I found a great clip of Daniel in a very emotional state that would fit wonderfully here. Thanks everyone!
                    i cant wait to see your video sounds really cool

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Dr McKay View Post
                      i cant wait to see your video sounds really cool
                      Hey Tiger.... You're not online MSN Messenger (pouty lips)
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
                        Ok...here comes the translation of that news on ClaudiaBlackOnline:

My English is not perfect but I would like to write in a perfect way so, you can tell me (PM) what words are wrong, gramatical errors, you know, this kind of things. Not only in this post, in every post that I write too. I'm learning you know.
                        Thank you for the translation !!!

Comment

And Chris Returns !

Comment

Hey Tiger.... You're not online MSN Messenger (pouty lips)
                            i am now

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Nobody post in here from the morning and it's now 5 PM
                              *sigh*

Comment

I heard a rumor of Claudia That she was Naked .... in a movie .. is that true ?

Comment

Working...
                                X