Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
      Of course (as good as possible).

A.
      Great
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Gary's video from "Inside Stargate SG-1's 200th Episode" (with Claudia)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWLqWa69qeA
        Last edited by valaCB; 28 August 2006, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
          Gary's video from "Inside Stargate SG-1's 200th Episode" (with Claudia)
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWLqWa69qeA
          After thorough consideration, I think Claudia's laugh is a scripted "I can't believe this extra (eugh, he even is in costume!) is asking me, the regular, if he's working" laugh.
          If the whole thing was scripted at all and not impromptu - bar the part of Gary trying to find out if he's in the ep, of course. You know, let the people Gary'd ask just run with it.

A.
          VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

After thorough consideration, I think Claudia's laugh is a scripted "I can't believe this extra (eugh, he even is in costume!) is asking me, the regular, if he's working" laugh.

A.
            Yeah? Think I should watch it again
            Spoiler:

Comment

Edited my post while you answered. Sorry.

A.

Comment

Edited my post while you answered. Sorry.

A.
                It's ok
                Spoiler:

Comment

If the whole thing was scripted at all and not impromptu - bar the part of Gary trying to find out if he's in the ep, of course. You know, let the people Gary'd ask just run with it.

A.
                  She is such a wonderful actress that we don't know if some of it is real or acted

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                    She is such a wonderful actress that we don't know if some of it is real or acted
                    Agree completely

Comment

Page 3??????? HELLOOOOO!!!!!

Comment

http://www.spacecast.com/hypaspace.aspx

There're two clips featuring Claudia - her bit about Stargate SG-1's cancellation and another about the new Stargate toys.

I've managed to capture both clips to my harddrive, so we can put them at CBP
                        Last edited by Farscapefan; 28 August 2006, 11:24 PM.

Comment

It was nice to hear her give honest comments on the cancellation. She didn't seem bitter about it, and was quite realistic about how and why SG-1 was axed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trubinator
                            It was nice to hear her give honest comments on the cancellation. She didn't seem bitter about it, and was quite realistic about how and why SG-1 was axed.
                            Right, but at the same time it was visible that she's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                              http://www.spacecast.com/hypaspace.aspx

There're two clips featuring Claudia - her bit about Stargate SG-1's cancellation and another about the new Stargate toys.

I've managed to capture both clips to my harddrive, so we can put them at CBP
                              Thank you for the link!

Right, but at the same time it was visible that she's sad.
                              Yeah, especially in the thank you part that was shown on TV.

A.

Comment

I can't remember whether Matt Roush's dispatch (TV Guide) about 200 episode was posted anywhere around here. Here it is:

"Stargate Turns 200: Good for a Laugh
                                Watching Stargate SG-1's 200th episode Friday night (Aug. 18) is worth it just to hear Claudia Black, of the late, lamented Farscape, say (in her fun new guise as alien mercenary Vala): "I've been watching a lot of television lately, and apart from one glaring omission, it doesn't seem to be that bad."

That "one glaring omission," by which we (and she) mean Farscape, gets another salute later in the episode, but I won't spoil that joke. Though it's a frelling good one.

The clever idea behind this landmark episode is to comment on the vagaries of TV, and of sci-fi TV in particular, as the actual Stargate crew gives script notes for a proposed movie version of the failed "Wormhole X-Treme" series (a series based on the Stargate premise that lasted only three episodes — unlike Stargate, which between Showtime and Sci-Fi has become the longest-running science-fiction series ever).

The blizzard of in-jokes and playful genre parodies spares no one in the cast — and that continues all the way into the coda, when "Wormhole" actors are shown giving publicity interviews, with all of the usual "this is a well-oiled machine" and "we're like a family" show-biz clichés.

I've rarely been a regular watcher of either Stargate series, though when I tune in I enjoy them well enough for their refusal to take themselves all that seriously. (I especially enjoy the interplay between Black, her former Farscape costar Ben Browder and Michael Shanks.) The irreverence is especially appreciated this week, as I imagine many casual viewers even less plugged in than I may tune in out of curiosity. Which will be amply rewarded. Nicely done."

Comment

Working...
                                X