X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AQOEDC: Lunch, Vala?
    AQOVC: Sure...you're buying.

Comment

We're back...wonder if they can't get on?

AQOEDC: Maybe not.
      AQOVC: At least we got to chat with your hussies for a while.
      AQOEDC: Yes, but IM always gives me a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stone
        I really just dont get the haters of Claudia and Ben. They Love Stargate, but lets face it, it was on its way out. If it had not been for the new cast. The new blood. The new storylines, the show would be done. There will be some who say if its not the original team, then it should end. Well, thats just stupid. Stargate has years of life left in it, and the new team will make that possible.
        ETA: Not ALL the Gaters believe the show was on it's way out and making a generalization to that effect only re-enforces their belief that most if not all FS fans think that Gaters should bow down and kiss the ground that Ben & Claudia walk on for "saving" SG1. Considering that FS got cancelled...they don't see why they should. I'm just saying.

Look at it this way...let's all pretend that FS lasted longer than it did and was going into S9 and they brought on some new, fairly well known actors (let's make this a big pretend and say they brought on David Duchoviny {sp?} and Gillian Anderson) to play all new characters and the first few eps revolved around MOSTLY their Shiny New characters. All the advertisment was ALL THEM, ALL THE TIME. I know I would have issues with that.

As for the haters...we FS fans need to remember that there were a few "pushy" fans who came to this board (aka playground) and thought they could change the rules of the playground. They ignored the fact that one is NOT to post positive things in the NEGATIVE ONLY threads (yet they still did, even after getting repromanded for it). It's also posts like your's (no offense) that make the Gaters dislike not only Ben and Claudia, but other FS fans. I understand the frustration all Ben/Claudia fans have due to the fact that SG1PTB are to blame for the way they've handled Ben & Claudia's introductions (imho, they handled it ALL wrong. Even I a HUGE FS fan felt like they were shoving them down my throat. I don't like it regardless if I like the actors).

I was raised that you didn't go to a person's house and demand to be treated like you are at YOUR HOME. This is GW, not one of the many FS boards and some FS fans thought they could behave like they do on the FS boards. This is an entirely different fandom and if FS fans give the Gaters the proper respect and play by THEIR rules this is yet another GREAT fandom to belong to. I know I LOVE this one as much as I love FS.

It's all how one behaves really. btw, feel free to disagree with me. I'm just sharing how one FS/SG1 fan feels about all this crap.
        Last edited by SunKrux; 02 August 2006, 05:11 PM.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I've always suspected that there was some kind of debate about Ben and Claudia's inclusion into the Stargate world, but I don't frequent the forums to really witness it. I'm kinda glad that I don't. I'm just happy with how the show is. I think Ben and Claudia are great additions to the show. I'm not gonna debate on whether or not SG-1 would still be on the air without them. That doesn't matter. I'm just enjoying having them on board.
          http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
          Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Admiral-- Hilarious stuff with Vala. I love the girl--there's just so much humor there. (and she's gorgeous too)

And I'd like to point out that I've made it to over 500 posts and I just jumped on this train when Ben showed up!

500 posts! I am SUCH a loser!

SunKrux, looks like I started something again (I posted the initial Cinescape thing). Just smack me, girl! My friends call me the instigator and now I know why.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
              Admiral-- Hilarious stuff with Vala. I love the girl--there's just so much humor there. (and she's gorgeous too)

And I'd like to point out that I've made it to over 500 posts and I just jumped on this train when Ben showed up!

500 posts! I am SUCH a loser!

SunKrux, looks like I started something again (I posted the initial Cinescape thing). Just smack me, girl! My friends call me the instigator and now I know why.
              Sweetie, it wasn't you or your post from Cinescape. As a fan of BOTH shows, I have a hard time with the fighting and generalizations that come from BOTH sides.

Can I slap you in November in Burbank?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
                I've always suspected that there was some kind of debate about Ben and Claudia's inclusion into the Stargate world, but I don't frequent the forums to really witness it. I'm kinda glad that I don't. I'm just happy with how the show is. I think Ben and Claudia are great additions to the show. I'm not gonna debate on whether or not SG-1 would still be on the air without them. That doesn't matter. I'm just enjoying having them on board.
                EXACTLY!! That's the attitude I prefer to see from fans of BOTH shows. I had a few issues with the way things were done in bringing them on board...but now that it looks like the writers/producers are getting their legs back under them...things might not annoy me so much any more. Especially if they give us more moments with Sam and Vala becoming friends!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Sweetie, it wasn't you or your post from Cinescape. As a fan of BOTH shows, I have a hard time with the fighting and generalizations that come from BOTH sides.

Can I slap you in November in Burbank?
                  LOL--I wish (not the slap, but the Burbank part)

And, let me say, CB rocks as Vala, so much so that I'm getting CB associated more with Vala than with Aeryn. and hubby's already spoken blashemy and says that he prefers Vala to Aeryn! (how dare he?!?)

Carter and Vala--hey, here I am, pimping my first ever SG1 fan fic, and it happens to feature the formidable ladies of SG1.

I'm looking forward to that duo immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                    Yay!

26 hours later than planned, a cancelled flight and no information what so ever, running to catch the train from the airport to Amsterdam, running to catch the nighttrain to Munich - sleeping like a packed sardine, running to catch the train to Salzburg, changing trains to Innbruck in Rosenheim, but I AM HOME.

Now I'll take a bath while TPP is d/l. Then I'll catch up on the missed pages of the threads.

Did I miss anything important? Interviews, clips, new promos?

I've missed you all.

A., dirty, tired and lightheaded
                    Hello VM, good to see you back.
                    We've missed you to, waves to VM
                    sigpic

Comment

EXACTLY!! That's the attitude I prefer to see from fans of BOTH shows. I had a few issues with the way things were done in bringing them on board...but now that it looks like the writers/producers are getting their legs back under them...things might not annoy me so much any more. Especially if they give us more moments with Sam and Vala becoming friends!
                      I'm waiting for the Vala/sam interaction seem they hav'nt bonded yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

And, let me say, CB rocks as Vala, so much so that I'm getting CB associated more with Vala than with Aeryn. and hubby's already spoken blashemy and says that he prefers Vala to Aeryn! (how dare he?!?)

Carter and Vala--hey, here I am, pimping my first ever SG1 fan fic, and it happens to feature the formidable ladies of SG1.

Darn. Rumor has it this will be the last FS con.

Can't say as I read much fic anymore...but when your's is COMPLETE let me know and I'll read it. Can't go wrong with pairing Sam & Vala (as friends...please as friends and not a slash fic ) to save the universe!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis
                          I'm waiting for the Vala/sam interaction seem they hav'nt bonded yet.
                          I saw a little of the bonding in the eps this past week...the "We weren't going to tell him that" bit between the two, but something tells me that was Amanda AND Claudia's doing as the writers don't seem interested in doing it for them. I know they both want Sam and Vala to be friends and not "cat fighting" all the time.

I have a feeling those two powerhouse actresses will get their way.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hello esoap524 I love to read your fanfic when you've written it as well
                            sigpic

Comment

Darn. Rumor has it this will be the last FS con.

Can't say as I read much fic anymore...but when your's is COMPLETE let me know and I'll read it. Can't go wrong with pairing Sam & Vala (as friends...please as friends and not a slash fic ) to save the universe!
                              Really? wow, that's sort of sad, end of an era...No Claudia at this one either. Not that I blame her; now I don't feel pressure to go

Well...

On an SG1 note, here is said fic and no, it's not slash (can't write it).

http://officersun524.livejournal.com/5577.html

Originally posted by travis
                              Hello esoap524 I love to read your fanfic when you've written it as well
                              Hey, Travis, there's the link. I'm a Farscape fic writer--this is my first SG1 attempt so if I got 'em wrong, feel free to let me know.

I saw a little of the bonding in the eps this past week...the "We weren't going to tell him that" bit between the two, but something tells me that was Amanda AND Claudia's doing as the writers don't seem interested in doing it for them. I know they both want Sam and Vala to be friends and not "cat fighting" all the time.

I did like that moment. There was also a great reaction shot from Sam towards Vala when Teal'c walked thru the gate and got in Vala's face about the Ori leader.

Although they really haven't had any scenes with each other solely, the little bit I've seen makes me believe that Vala has more respect for Carter than she did for the "boys". This season, though, she does seem more intent on getting people to accept and like her, especially Daniel.

this week's episode looks like some Carter/Vala moments with Ba'al...that ought to be interesting.

Comment

I hoping for a ep btween those two, so the writer's can really flesh out their relationship.
                                A little cat fight would be fun, nothing viciuos offcourse
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X