Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
    "the network is making the schedule switch so that it can air original programming year-round. Battlestar Galactica's third season will premiere in October, running 20 episodes without a break into March.

SCI FI recently premiered its new series Eureka to strong ratings, and has several other series in development
    "

But this has yet to be confirmed, so fingers crossed it doesn't happen. I've never understood mid season breaks anyway. I used to watch Bad Girls, then for some reason they did a mid season break and I forgot about it when it started airing again, and had just lost all interest in it.

Some pretty pics to make it better

Awww! I love The Ties That Bind!

Well... I think it's gonna happen. And it will be good test of loyalty for the gaters community. And casual viewers of course. Let's hope SG-1 will survive it.
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

You know, I'm starting to think Claudia and R. Cooper have actually got some secret "Expressive Dancing Competition" going on.

A.
      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Right, some excerpts from the Director's Series feat. Robert Cooper.

Crusade

*snip*

So Crusade kinda picks up with Vala who has in fact been in the Ori Galaxy and has been living there since she disappeared in “Beachhead”. And the story kind of, for me, was about what the other side is all about. The character of who these people were, the strength of their believe in the Ori and how… I think how tragic and how strong an adversary they’re going to be, because of their convictions.
        Vala has had to live incognito amongst them for some time now. And she’s developed relationships with them and gotten to know them as people outside of their belief. Which is that all people who don’t believe in the Ori need to be killed. And aside from that one flaw they’re actually quite three dimensional human beings who… She has in fact one particular guy …come to really like and possibly even love in any other circumstance, if e didn’t want to kill everybody she knew.

*snip*

The Return of Vala Mal Doran

Claudia Black came in and did an absolutely wonderful job for the first six episodes of S9. And we had talked to Claudia about the idea about coming back. But at the time it was more realistic to try to incorporate her in S10 - should that become real. And so Claudia went and got pregnant. (laughs)
        So, you know, at that point we just sort of talked about it and we realized: “Listen, there’s an opportunity here to maybe incorporate that into the storyline. “ The Ori had actually been responsible for the pregnancy. It was - without giving away too much - part of a much bigger plot in their plan to overrun our galaxy.
        In this story Vala has reached a point of honesty with our characters and possibly with herself on a level that she’s never had before or at least for a while. Her character has very much been about dishonesty.
        You know, the bulk of this episode is essentially a close-up of Claudia. The vast majority of the script takes place in this one room. And Claudia was carrying huge, giant chunks of dialogue and speeches and then the voice over as well.

Claudia’s Performance

We decided early on that we were gonna shoot the voice over, so that we would have choices in the editing room and be able to say: “No, I think that line should actually be on camera. Or, no this on camera line should become voice over and…
        It was an amazing thing to watch. It was like going to a play and seeing a one hour play being presented. And I thought her performance was incredibly nuanced.

*snip*

Setting the Scene

So, right now we are setting up to light he village set for night. Vala has been chained up by the evil Seevis and he leaves her there for the duration. And her husband has come home seeing that she’s chained up there and he’s a little scared of Seevis and he kinda wimps out. Goes to bed instead of rescuing his wife. The shot we’re setting up for right now is ah… The camera’s gonna be in the window up there where Pete Woeste is precariously perched - they’ve got some sort of a safety violation but uhm…
        The camera’s gonna take a shot of her chained up there and then it will sort of pull back into the room and reveal that we are actually inside. And then we’ll turn around and reveal Tomin who is her husband, as he kind of deals with his wimpiness.

*snip*

Oh, here’s a picture of me and …. This is to prove that I actually am directing the show.

A.
        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
          Right, some excerpts from the Director's Series feat. Robert Cooper.

Crusade

*snip*

So Crusade kinda picks up with Vala who has in fact been in the Ori Galaxy and has been living there since she disappeared in “Beachhead”. And the story kind of, for me, was about what the other side is all about. The character of who these people were, the strength of their believe in the Ori and how… I think how tragic and how strong an adversary they’re going to be, because of their convictions.
          Vala has had to live incognito amongst them for some time now. And she’s developed relationships with them and gotten to know them as people outside of their belief. Which is that all people who don’t believe in the Ori need to be killed. And aside from that one flaw they’re actually quite three dimensional human beings who… She has in fact one particular guy …come to really like and possibly even love in any other circumstance, if e didn’t want to kill everybody she knew.

*snip*

The Return of Vala Mal Doran

Claudia Black came in and did an absolutely wonderful job for the first six episodes of S9. And we had talked to Claudia about the idea about coming back. But at the time it was more realistic to try to incorporate her in S10 - should that become real. And so Claudia went and got pregnant. (laughs)
          So, you know, at that point we just sort of talked about it and we realized: “Listen, there’s an opportunity here to maybe incorporate that into the storyline. “ The Ori had actually been responsible for the pregnancy. It was - without giving away too much - part of a much bigger plot in their plan to overrun our galaxy.
          In this story Vala has reached a point of honesty with our characters and possibly with herself on a level that she’s never had before or at least for a while. Her character has very much been about dishonesty.
          You know, the bulk of this episode is essentially a close-up of Claudia. The vast majority of the script takes place in this one room. And Claudia was carrying huge, giant chunks of dialogue and speeches and then the voice over as well.

Claudia’s Performance

We decided early on that we were gonna shoot the voice over, so that we would have choices in the editing room and be able to say: “No, I think that line should actually be on camera. Or, no this on camera line should become voice over and…
          It was an amazing thing to watch. It was like going to a play and seeing a one hour play being presented. And I thought her performance was incredibly nuanced.

*snip*

Setting the Scene

So, right now we are setting up to light he village set for night. Vala has been chained up by the evil Seevis and he leaves her there for the duration. And her husband has come home seeing that she’s chained up there and he’s a little scared of Seevis and he kinda wimps out. Goes to bed instead of rescuing his wife. The shot we’re setting up for right now is ah… The camera’s gonna be in the window up there where Pete Woeste is precariously perched - they’ve got some sort of a safety violation but uhm…
          The camera’s gonna take a shot of her chained up there and then it will sort of pull back into the room and reveal that we are actually inside. And then we’ll turn around and reveal Tomin who is her husband, as he kind of deals with his wimpiness.

*snip*

Oh, here’s a picture of me and …. This is to prove that I actually am directing the show.

A.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
            You know, I'm starting to think Claudia and R. Cooper have actually got some secret "Expressive Dancing Competition" going on.

A.
            LOL. Looks like Coop's really getting into it.

Comment

Hello Trubinator and Welcome
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                "the network is making the schedule switch so that it can air original programming year-round. Battlestar Galactica's third season will premiere in October, running 20 episodes without a break into March.

SCI FI recently premiered its new series Eureka to strong ratings, and has several other series in development
                "

But this has yet to be confirmed, so fingers crossed it doesn't happen. I've never understood mid season breaks anyway. I used to watch Bad Girls, then for some reason they did a mid season break and I forgot about it when it started airing again, and had just lost all interest in it.

Some pretty pics to make it better
                Thank you (and also Farscapefan) well. i'll watch BSG and Eureka so... the wait will be reasonable

VMD...lol about the secret "Expressive Dancing Competition"
                I'll read about the Director's excerpts later. Have to go. Thank you
                And welcome Trubinator

Comment

Welcome aboard Trubinator!

Comment

ooohh, can't get online for a couple of days and I come back to this 'yippee'

banner by E.K.R
                    If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie here with me and just forget the world, forget what we're told, before we get too old, show me a garden that's burstin into life, all that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see. I don't know where, confused about how as well, just know that these things will never change for us at all....
                    "Snow Patrol - chasing cars"

Comment

anyone able to edit this with just mom and bambino

banner by E.K.R
                      If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie here with me and just forget the world, forget what we're told, before we get too old, show me a garden that's burstin into life, all that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see. I don't know where, confused about how as well, just know that these things will never change for us at all....

Comment

mischief incorporated

banner by E.K.R

Comment

banner by E.K.R

Comment

gorgeous

Spoiler:

banner by E.K.R

Comment

Ac: how did I get left to fend off the ori alone, they have'nt even invaded my side of the galaxy yet, frell it John, you're always pulling me into these things, just because one of the rebels looks like me. I'm pregnant for goodness sake, so much for takin it easy like you promised

banner by E.K.R

Comment

Great caps cat, really want to see some new Farscape episodes..

Anyway, Lie Detector anyone?
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=fQqlnNa5R...%20Mal%20doran

Comment

Working...
                                X