• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cajnjirl

So beautiful....

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
      And Christine Mooley (costume designer) is talking about costumes:

"They've made us work really hard! I would say it's different this season, through a combination of us wanting to do something different and what's come along in the scripts. I think they've considered season nine to be almost a new show. We were starting a new show with new actors, Ben Browder, and we started with Claudia for the first six episodes. She had about 90 different costumes!
      There was the very controversial one, the black leather costume that we see in Avalon. Because of Prometheus Unbound and her being in a black catsuit which is so sexy and gorgeous, I did come up with using some fetish elements when we first brought her back. She wore it so well. I'm a big fan of Farscape, and she was never dressed like that, so this was a great opportunity to capitalize on her great figure and it's empowering. It was interesting, because I think it created a lot of controversy amongst the fans when they first saw it. Then as time went on and she changed her wardrobe and her character came out, they grew to love her. But it made people prickly, I know. My job is to translate the characters. Claudia and I emailed each other and I pitched my concept to her before I talked to Robert Cooper, and she was enthused about it. I sent her drawings after they'd been approved. Those guys kind of let me do my thing now, which is great. Our wonderful Slavica Gravic, the pattern cutter, cut the infamous black leather costume for Vala. She's an amazing artist.
      Spoiler:
      At the end of the season she returned, pregnant. She's in the medieval village, and Robert has been shooting to accommodate her tummy. Early on, she's not supposed to appear pregnant, and actually the medieval style works well for that look. Then we sculpted her belly, and made it very prominent, towards the end. We made some beautiful belts to wear under her belly for the last scene of Camelot, where she's standing on the ship looking out at the destruction. They were gorgeous! So when we come back, we'll be padding Claudia out with a pregnant belly, because she will have had her own baby by then. We did a really good 'belly' that the body double is wearing, so we'll just keep it for Claudia.
      She's a wonderful actress and she's so beautiful - she looks good in anything!"
      Yeah, thanks so much FH

Comment

I've just got today from Creation my copy of Stargate Magazine #9

Here there's just LOVELY bit from Beau Bridges' interview:

"I was so happy to hear that Claudia [Black] is coming back. That's great, I'm really excited about that. We also had a lot of scenes together, and she's so much fun. She's got a great funny bone. She looks for humor in everything, which is important for this show. I think the fans enjoy that aspect of it. I have no idea what they have in store for her, but every time Vala comes into the situation, she seems to really stir things up! So it should be interesting."

I love Beau Bridges even more now!!!
        She's just ao amazing person

Comment

You can green me whenever you can and want

Comment

I think I did didnt I? Not too sure but it wont let me green you again so I must have done it recently

Comment

Formerhost thanks for the great article!

LOL!

Comment

Just did

Comment

LOL
                  She is so lovely

Comment

I love her in that ep (can remember the name) where they have to go round trading things to get other things. The last pic cajnjirl posted

EDIT: Ah yes the ties that bind I think

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                      I love her in that ep (can remember the name) where they have to go round trading things to get other things. The last pic cajnjirl posted

Were faster than me!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala
                        Were faster than me!
                        hehe. I take it thats what you wer goin to say!?

Comment

I love this scene also .

Comment

hehe. I take it thats what you wer goin to say!?
                            Yes!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala
                              Yes!
                              Oh well, sorry to have beaten you to it

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X