Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    I completely agree about taking offensive comments into the realm of the actors themselves. It's really unfair and unnecessary, and it's OTT completely.
    <<snipped for space>>
    I'm hoping that as Vala returns, I have the opportunity to spend more time in here with you guys and share opinions/stories/quips and quibbles, too. Because the fact is, CB is a FANTASTIC actor, and you never know how good a character is going to be until you give that character a good fair chance to be fleshed out and begin to shine.
    Cheers to you all......
    mini(the mad)geek (from SaGC)
    Agreeing with mini(the mad)geek (from SaGC)'s sentiments. NOT A VALA HATER. Loved Farscape, love Claudia, actually loved Vala in Prometheus Unbound. What's not to love?

I admit to some trepidation on the Vala character as full time, but ONLY because the PTB seemed intent on focussing on ONE female lead at a time. In true chickeny fashion they're punking out on giving us a duo of smart and assertive females on Stargate SG1.

I'm for interaction be it conflict or communication between Vala and Sam, not just Vala and the boys. After all, they're all in this reality together, to save the world, the universe and the franchise.

I hope they give Vala a chance to be what seemed to be more depth at the end of S2, part I. ValaMalduran mentioned her past, I so hope they are astute enough to mesh it well with her new environment. She's still a newbie and I'm going with a wait and see, hope for the best attitude.

Just sayin', CB is a fantastic actress. Persusing the comments on this thread has assuaged my few fears; I feel the love for Vala here is strong and that's a good thing for CB and Stargate SG1. Kudos to positivity and good converse.

(Hope I'm making sense; I'm posting covertly from work and it's been a LOOONG day. And our company party is tonight. I can't post again til tomorrow!!! Have a great night, all.)
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
    sigpic
    Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Hi sprqy!

I admit to some trepidation on the Vala character as full time, but ONLY because the PTB seemed intent on focussing on ONE female lead at a time. In true chickeny fashion they're punking out on giving us a duo of smart and assertive females on Stargate SG1

Yes, it could be great if they only dared to. Let's hope that due to the fact that the 'risk' they took with making Vala so completely different paid off, they'll be prepared to tackle the 'three strong women on a show' problem/ chance.

(Hope I'm making sense; I'm posting covertly from work and it's been a LOOONG day. And our company party is tonight. I can't post again til tomorrow!!! Have a great night, all.)
      You're making sense.

And don't forget: drink lots of water, take an aspirin and put the dark sunglasses right next to the bed.
      Only then you'll be able to come up with an idea on how to get rid of the karaoke pictures.
      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Comment

I just wanted to say that I love Vala.
          http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
          Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
            Hi sprqy!

Yes, it could be great if they only dared to. Let's hope that due to the fact that the 'risk' they took with making Vala so completely different paid off, they'll be prepared to tackle the 'three strong women on a show' problem/ chance.

You're making sense.

And don't forget: drink lots of water, take an aspirin and put the dark sunglasses right next to the bed.
            Only then you'll be able to come up with an idea on how to get rid of the karaoke pictures.

LOL! Nice advice but sadly it wasn't that much fun.

Great picture! Where's that from?

Just sayin'.
            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
            sigpic
            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
              I just wanted to say that I love Vala.
              Hi!

Originally posted by TravelerEnroute1
              LOL! Nice advice but sadly it wasn't that much fun.
              Aw, bugger.

Originally posted by TravellerEnroute1
              Great picture! Where's that from?
              It's from Farscape S4, ep 'Terra Firma'. They're on earth, so no black leather for Aeryn for once.

Most interestingly, the shirt reappeared at the Muppet Fest 2001.

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                Most interestingly, the shirt reappeared at the Muppet Fest 2001.

A.
                LOL

no black leather on earth, not the same episode.

Comment

Ah, the 'sexy librarian' look.

Excuse me, but what library do they go to ?! *LOL*

A.

Comment

Terra Firma's a great ep. That whole 3 ep arc is some of my favourite Farscape.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                      Terra Firma's a great ep. That whole 3 ep arc is some of my favourite Farscape.
                      Mine too!! She looks good in that jeans outfit!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Up

Comment

Comment

A.

Comment

Just a shameless plug that I was forced to post here.... It's my dedication to the wonderful Claudia Black

Go here

Comment

Originally posted by jagwriter78
                                Just a shameless plug that I was forced to post here.... It's my dedication to the wonderful Claudia Black

Go here
                                Hey jagwriter , welcome to GW!! Know you (and your site) from TF!!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X