• Show
Clear All

A new Solution banner for season 10
    http://wiki.stargate-sg1-solutions.c...php/Season_Ten

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
      That's a very nice banner! Great job, whomever did it.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
        This is a great banner! Like it!
        Spoiler:

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...15#post4707415

Hi Vala Fans. Congratulations on her being added to the regualr cast. Come see where she has been ranked on the top 25 women of stargate poll. Come give her support and share your views.
          Every Tuesday General Hammond gets alittle touch up on his dome. I say, "General Hammond, alittle off the top today?"

Top 25 females of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=16929

Top 25 males of stargate

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21105

Comment

Hail! I am Lord Shiva, and I have arrived through the Stargate to lay seige on this primitive message board! Bah, not even in 3D... of course, I shouldn't complain, the Jaffa were never allowed much in the way of technology, and all of you are worthless... Jaffa without even a stomach pouch! Useless Tau'ri, all of you!

But since I have arrived, and wish to deign you all with my presence, what better way then to post on the Vala thread, for is not Claudia Black a scrumptious host? Oh, yes... once my fleet arrives from the edge of known space to lay seige on your worlds, I shall take her as my Queen! She shall once more be the host to a Goa'uld symbiote... and together we shall make war on your planet.

Peace through FEAR, My Will be done... Jaffa KREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
              Hail! I am Lord Shiva, and I have arrived through the Stargate to lay seige on this primitive message board! Bah, not even in 3D... of course, I shouldn't complain, the Jaffa were never allowed much in the way of technology, and all of you are worthless... Jaffa without even a stomach pouch! Useless Tau'ri, all of you!

But since I have arrived, and wish to deign you all with my presence, what better way then to post on the Vala thread, for is not Claudia Black a scrumptious host? Oh, yes... once my fleet arrives from the edge of known space to lay seige on your worlds, I shall take her as my Queen! She shall once more be the host to a Goa'uld symbiote... and together we shall make war on your planet.

Peace through FEAR, My Will be done... Jaffa KREE!
              Aaaaaargh! Aaaaaaaargh!

*calms down a little*

Hello, Lord Shiva.

I'm worried that a snake in Vala (again), might make it impossible to see her beautiful eyes.

A.
              VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Vala the queen

Comment

Ah that's such a great piccy.

Comment

i just saw The Ties That Bind and DAMN that bedroom scene was awesome Vala is now one of my fav char's but i doubt she'll be in many more eps becasuse as i see it Sam should be back soon
                    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                      i just saw The Ties That Bind and DAMN that bedroom scene was awesome Vala is now one of my fav char's but i doubt she'll be in many more eps becasuse as i see it Sam should be back soon
                      That scene was really awesome!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

On a serious note, I'd like to discuss and find out why there is a large and vocal group out there who hates Vala and feels she is the sign of the end when it comes to the Stargate show. I think she's great, and I enjoy her just as much as I have enjoyed the other characters - what is it that threatens them? Someone pointed out they believe her attitude is very smutty, that she is full of sexual innuendo and that the show doesn't need that. Is this (pardon the pun, but as a System Lord I have learned that one should never hold back) the "religious right" rearing its ugly head, afraid of showing/talking about sex? I am not asking for them to strip Vala (though that is an entertaining thought), but I enjoy her attitude and the way she quips with Daniel and the others.

So what is your opinion on the reason for this vocal anti-Vala sentiment that I have seen on the boards? Oh, and this is definetely the host speaking here, though my Goa'uld agrees with me.

Comment

Good question, Lord Shiva. and I sometimes wonder about that, too. Not too much, because that's bad for my blood pressure.

I can perfectly understand that someone doesn't like a character and that they voice that oppinion. No problem.

But some people made very offending comments not only on the character - and, IMHO, therefore also on the fans that like Vala- but also on Claudia Black herself. Which I think is one big step too far.

I understand that Vala is completely different from anything that we have seen before. She's so full of life. But that doesn't change the integrity of the show.
                          Her clothes are sexy, yes. Her thougts are outspoken. But I never got the feeling that she lacks intelligence or depth.

Before Vala, Stargate as a show was safe. You knew what to expect and what you'd get. With her that's not the case anymore.
                          IMHO, that's a chane for the better.

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                            I understand that Vala is completely different from anything that we have seen before. She's so full of life. But that doesn't change the integrity of the show.
                            Her clothes are sexy, yes. Her thougts are outspoken. But I never got the feeling that she lacks intelligence or depth.

Before Vala, Stargate as a show was safe. You knew what to expect and what you'd get. With her that's not the case anymore.

A.
                            I think this is the BIG reason. From a safe show to something unpracticable but i LOVE it.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                              Good question, Lord Shiva. and I sometimes wonder about that, too. Not too much, because that's bad for my blood pressure.

I can perfectly understand that someone doesn't like a character and that they voice that oppinion. No problem.

But some people made very offending comments not only on the character - and, IMHO, therefore also on the fans that like Vala- but also on Claudia Black herself. Which I think is one big step too far.

A.
                              Well, I think another part has to do with "adult content" - I personally don't find Vala's sexual innuendo to be X-Rated, but I have always felt that Stargate needed a little spicing up... I mean, if you think about it the show is 9 years old... even if you started watching it when you were 10 you would be 19 now. I'm not asking for the actors to strip and go at it like on the discovery channel, but I enjoy this extra spice.

Comment

Great. I just realised that most of my posts lack an 'h' or a 'g', because unless you hammer on the key nothing happens.
                                Sorry for the resulting spelling mistakes.

A.

Comment

Working...
                                X