No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at that, she's gotten older. How did that happen? Still stunning though
    I hope you like Guinness, sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for... food.
    -Col. Jack O'Neill. Lost City part 1.

Comment

sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5904112/watch-all-...?tag=watchthis

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...s_into_movies/

sigpic

Comment

o m g... Awesome
            sigpic - Know Vala Know SG-1 No Vala No SG-1 -

Comment

Yeah the guy who made those Uncharted Youtube videos deserves a lot of credit. I am becoming a big fan of her voice works. I think she could be doing this for like 20 more years and become a voice legend. She needs to narrate movies now
              sigpic

Favorite quote:
              McKay: You shot me!
              Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
              Ronon: You shot me, too.
              Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by python490 View Post
                  Yeah the guy who made those Uncharted Youtube videos deserves a lot of credit. I am becoming a big fan of her voice works. I think she could be doing this for like 20 more years and become a voice legend. She needs to narrate movies now
                  Yeah, hers is an awesome voice. I'd like to see her do more audiobooks, video game voice-overs/narration...but I think I'd prefer to see her acting on a regular TV show (preferably in the sci-fi/fantasy genre ), or more movies.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                    Yeah, hers is an awesome voice. I'd like to see her do more audiobooks, video game voice-overs/narration...but I think I'd prefer to see her acting on a regular TV show (preferably in the sci-fi/fantasy genre ), or more movies.
                    I too would love to see her on my TV every week (everyday would be good too) I truly miss her marvelous acting skills and that awesome voice.
                    sigpic - Know Vala Know SG-1 No Vala No SG-1 -

Comment

Someone posted this on the Scapers FB page:

It's snippets of this:
                      http://www.amazon.com/Alchemist-Agen.../dp/B0072N8DYS

The amazon thingy seems to be region-locked (US-only), but it seems like you can watch (and download) a not-yet-final-but-kinda-polished version (not sure what its state is in relation to the final product) here:
                      http://studios.amazon.com/movies/12970
                      sigpic

Comment

Huh. Apparently Claudia Black lent her voice to the Diablo 3 game.
                        (maybe that'll be incentive enough to think about getting it...in the distant future...when it's cheap and bundled or something lol)

From 'Scapers' FB page:

http://futurastic.tumblr.com/post/23...lacks-lines-in
                        sigpic

Comment

Huh. Apparently Claudia Black lent her voice to the Diablo 3 game.
                          (maybe that'll be incentive enough to think about getting it...in the distant future...when it's cheap and bundled or something lol)

From 'Scapers' FB page:

http://futurastic.tumblr.com/post/23...lacks-lines-in
                          I play WoW and I bought the WoW annual pass (committed to a year of paying the monthly subscription for WoW) so I can download it for free. I haven't downloaded the game yet because between playing WoW, the MoP Beta, and everything else I do I don't have time for it, but this has kind of peaked my interest. Maybe I'll try it once the MoP beta ends. BTW, WoW=World of Warcraft and MoP is Mists of Pandaria for anyone that doesn't know already.

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            Hello other CB fans,
                            I'm going to come stumbling into this thread with some trivia....I used to have ginger highlights much like Vala's in the above picture, but before I had any idea the character even existed...! (I copied mine from Marina Sirtis, though, as that's the kind of Trekkie I am )

On a hopefully more normal note, this definitely sounds like my kind of thread as I've been an Aeryn fan since Farscape first aired (Aered??) here in the UK, but have more recently decided to retrospectively expand my Claudia-related sci-fi horizons and am gradually watching all of Vala's Stargate episodes (but only Vala's ones...prior to which the only one I'd seen was Watergate because Marina was in it). Saw part of an SG-1 ep on TV the other day, and decided it was pretty boring without the mischievous VMD.

On the subject of Aeryn and Vala, I think I'm (to some extent) like a cross between both characters, but with a few more Claudia-esque elements...only definitely not as tall - for example, I struggle in hot temperatures, like to sing, and am not averse to wearing a tiara (I'm hoping it's obvious which of these relates to each of them).

I tried reading this whole thread a while back, in an attempt to avoid diving in cluelessly and saying things that had already been said, but I hadn't initially noticed that it's thousands of posts long...! (so forgive me if I'm stating the obvious or repeating anything). Stopped wherever people started talking about episodes I hadn't seen yet.

I have a slightly offbeat hobby of putting captions on pictures (I call it St*rcasm, because I'm St*r), and have discovered that pictures of Vala are especially fun for this...I'd post some here, but I think I have to rise above Probie level before I'll be allowed to, so that'll have to wait.

In an effort to be a little more relevant, I think it's quite apt that (according to Holly from Red Dwarf, anyway) black (as in Claudia's surname) is "your basic space colour" - perfect for a sci-fi legend. Or, to put it another way, Claudacious...!

~St*r
                            ~St*r: sort of like a cross between Aeryn and Vala, but shorter and probably wearing a tiara~

Comment

Originally posted by DustyBadger View Post
                              Look at that, she's gotten older.
                              In all fairness, it'd be weirder if she hadn't...
                              ~St*r: sort of like a cross between Aeryn and Vala, but shorter and probably wearing a tiara~

Comment

Someone posted this on the Scapers FB page:

It's snippets of this:
                                http://www.amazon.com/Alchemist-Agen.../dp/B0072N8DYS

The amazon thingy seems to be region-locked (US-only), but it seems like you can watch (and download) a not-yet-final-but-kinda-polished version (not sure what its state is in relation to the final product) here:
                                http://studios.amazon.com/movies/12970
                                Thank you for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X