No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those w/ an XBox 360 ('cause I don't know when this will, if ever, come out for the PC ):
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...rs-3-role.html
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Com...Way-25952.html
    sigpic

Comment

Ooh, thanks for that heads up!
      la vita nuova (fic journal)

sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Comment

Soo....the Stargate Movies Campaign is having a new banner contest and I think some of you should definitely check it out. It's in the spoiler tags below and on our website (link in sig).

Now I can't enter this myself since I am part of the leadership team, so I am depending on my fellow Vala fans to help me out here. Also, I would like some more banners that feature or focus on Vala.

Spoiler:
            For the Love of Stargate Banner Contest!

This is the first in a series of contests dedicated to celebrating the things that fans love the most about SG-1 and Atlantis.

What do you love the most about SG-1 and SGA? Is it the team, a particular character, character wump or the shipping of two characters? Or perhaps it is the technology, the battles, the aliens? This is your chance to create a banner depicting your favorite things about your favorite show!!!!

The contest is about having some fun as fans and about sending a positive message to TPTB that fans still love and support Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. We want you to be creative, to feel inspired and most importantly to enjoy those things we all love the most about SG-1 and Atlantis.

There are just a few rules that you will need to follow in order to enter your banner:
            All banners must be positive and must be respectful to ALL the characters and ALL the shows. We will not accept any banner that we feel is derogatory or demeaning to any show, character or any part of the franchise.
            Please only use images from the shows or movies, do not use images of the actors from their other works, appearances or personal photos. (example: You may not use images of Michael Shanks’s role in Smallville and you may not use images from conventions etc. ).
            Since the campaign is focused on SG-1 and SGA, please do not use images of the characters, aliens, or technology from SGU. However, you may use images of SG1 or Atlantis characters individually as they appear on SGU so long as SGU characters are not in the image.
            You may not use another artist’s work without their express permission and without giving them co-creator credit.
            You may enter one entry per category but no more. Winners will be chosen from the following categories that the banners will be placed in: I) SG1, II) SGA, and III) SG1 and SGA Together
            Please keep all banners at PG-13 or below
            Please keep all banners to the sizes regulated by forums 700 x 400 pixels or less

You may submit your entries to [email protected] Entries will be accepted now through September 10th at 12 midnight EST.

There will be one prize awarded for each category. Winners may pick a prize from our prize list. Information on voting to be announced.

The prize will be the winner’s choice of one of the following: one SGA season 5 DVD, OR one SG-1 DVD movie (Ark or Continuum), OR one SGU 1.0 or 1.5 DVD, OR one SGA Fan favorites on Blue Ray (all DVD’s & Blue Rays are region 1 only ) OR any two SG paperback books currently published and available as new from amazon.com/usa OR one SG action figure currently in production, and available as new from amazon.com/usa OR one Stargate SG1: Vala Mal Doran #1 comic (available in May).

* All prizes are subject to availability, limited to a maximum value of $30.00 and the ability to reasonably mail or ship it.

** Please note: for contests with multiple categories, a person is only eligible to win one prize. If the same artist wins more than one category than the prize will be awarded to the next entry with the most votes.
            sigpic
            Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
            My Fanfiction I sail on certain 'ships, but try to avoid the fluff!

Comment

SFX Magazine has published the results of its Favorite Heroine poll with Claudia's Aeryn Sun placing 6th

No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Aww...just sixth?
                I demand a recount!
                sigpic

Comment

Oh hey, that's pretty good considering the massive followings that the other characters have!

Comment

hehehe, true.
                    Oh and they should have used Lena Headey's pic as Sarah Connor.
                    (IMHO, way prettier than the original I miss that series: it got cancelled just as things were getting real interesting...)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                      hehehe, true.
                      Oh and they should have used Lena Headey's pic as Sarah Connor.
                      (IMHO, way prettier than the original I miss that series: it got cancelled just as things were getting real interesting...)
                      So, just for you:

Spoiler:

I do wonder though how they'd have continued - what with Sarah Connor left in the past...

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
                        I do wonder though how they'd have continued - what with Sarah Connor left in the past...
                        Hehehe. I guess that's why I'd like to see what they'd come up with next.
                        The way they left it was such a cliffhanger...

re: Lena Headey pic
                        Is that Summer at the wheel? 'cause her arms look scary skinny.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep, that's Summer.

Comment

From CBO:
                            Claudia's got a new audiobook, "Museum of Thieves" by Lian Tanner (young adult/ juvenile novel).
                            http://www.randomhouse.com/audio/lis...=9780307710819
                            http://www.randomhouse.com/audio/lis...=9780307710826

CB's page at randomhouse audio:
                            http://www.randomhouse.com/audio/cat...?authorid=2427
                            sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the info!

Comment

Dunno if this has been linked here before (I also posted it on CBO's forums):
                                http://www.sffaudio.com/index.php?s=claudia+black
                                Use "ctrl + f" then type 'claudia' and look for the 'Black Canoes' audio drama.

Here's the direct link for the mp3 file on that page: http://ia331217.us.archive.org/1/ite...Canoes.mp3.mp3

I've yet to listen to it, but it also has Anthony Simcoe in it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X