No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can judge Claudia (oh, that sounds harsh) only from her performances in FS, SG1 and Pitch Black and thought she did a great job, especially considering that FS meant keeping up an acting standard for 9 months per season.
    Any actor can 'get it wrong'. But I appreciate bold choices even if they might not have worked out in hindsight.

I completely agree with you on the privacy issue. As nosy as I am it's a simple matter of respect.

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
      I agree that her character is shaking things up on the show...that's partly to her performance and to the way the writers/directors are working with Claudia on giving Vala life.

As for the chaos on this board...that is due to fans. Claudia wouldn't want us to be acting like this. Yes, I think she'd want us to be excited about her character and work on SG1, but all this arguing and stuff...no way.

While I agree with pretty much everyone on this thread...Claudia is a phenominal actor, but I do not think she's perfect or can do no wrong. I've seen her several times in person (at the FS cons) and she's gorgeous and stunning. She also seems to me to be a very shy person, when she's not "on" (meaning 'acting' for the crowds at the cons). Like most of the other actors (especially from FS) she values her privacy and I respect that of her (heck, of any actor).
      agree!

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
        agree!
        Me too!

Claudia can make me laugh...

And she can make me cry too.

"We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Agree with the above.

Comment

right Hurley!

laugh/serious

Comment

another laugh/serious

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                another laugh/serious
                My turn!

LAUGH

SERIOUS

"We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

laugh

serious

Comment

anyone can guess how will Vala leave SGC in the next episode ? any ideas?
                    i dont think they kill her...

Comment

Have you read a description of "Beachhead" here at GateWorld?

Comment

Have you read a description of "Beachhead" here at GateWorld?
                        no. its spoiler.
                        edit - Da**! i read it
                        Another Claudia's character that
                        Spoiler:
                        die...

Comment

I have been trying to steer clear of spoilers, but it's hard. I do know that Vala performs an act of
                          Spoiler:
                          "self" sacrifice, one that is totally unselfish and for the benefit of the others. I do not know if this results in her death, but it was intimated that it doesn't.

I sincerely hope tptb can find a way to bring the characrer of Vala (and CB) back, as a recurrent guest, as she has definitely added a new dimension to the show, and in the past, SG-1 has benefitted from recurring characters.
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Very sad! im done after next week. im shock, i really am.

dont think they will bring her back. goodbye Vala

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                              Very sad! im done after next week. im shock, i really am.

dont think they will bring her back. goodbye Vala
                              Oh, frell! I feel guilty now that I made you to read the description of "Beachhead" (*Kalliope hands valaCB a box of Kleenex* ), I really hope that Claudia will be available for more eps and we all know that Vala is a survivor, so she's going to survive it, definitely, we just won't see it.

Comment

Oh, frell! I feel guilty now that I made you to read the description of "Beachhead" (*Kalliope hands valaCB a box of Kleenex* ), I really hope that Claudia will be available for more eps and we all know that Vala is a survivor, so she's going to survive it, definitely, we just won't see it.
                                Its dependant how she'll die. still she wont back this this season

Comment

Working...
                                X