No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just think there was too much change in the last two season and it was hard for some to deal with. I didn't really like Vala until I saw Claudia in Farscape and than you realize just how good of an actress she is.

sigpic

Comment

Claudia is definitely an amazing actress. The ability to take go from a character like Aeryn to one like Vala? Yeah. That's some skill.

I thought Vala was an amazing character, Claudia's skill aside. I get that she was 'different' from the other main characters they were used to - whimsical is definitely not a word that can be used to describe Sam, Jack, Daniel, or Teal'c - but I think at that point enough was already changing about the show that she was kind of a breath of fresh air.
      la vita nuova (fic journal)

sigpic

Comment

I couldn't agree more--she was a breath of fresh air for the show. By the time we got to season 9, I was a little tired of the same old same old. I think they were just getting into the groove of the new feel of the show in season 10 when it was canceled.

I get that she was different, it just seems like a lot of the anti-Vala fans out there don't want to acknowledge the growth she experienced upon her return back to the SGC and throughout the rest of season 10. I've heard Claudia refer to the character of Vala as the fun new toy to play with (which I know was exhausting for her given what she had going on personally) and I agree and think there's more to explore and more depth to her than just this saucy sexual pigtailed bimbo that she's referred to as.

*Team Vala* (the stars are pom poms)
        sigpic
        Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
        My Fanfiction I sail on certain 'ships, but try to avoid the fluff!

Comment

I'm definitely on team Vala. *waves my own pom poms*

sigpic

Comment

Hehehe. I love that pic. Her skating around was one of the more amusing bits on a rather sad episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Her skating is one of my favorite scenes of hers.

(And it always makes me think of that one Cam/Vala fic... but, coff, wrong thread for that.)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydame View Post
                Her skating is one of my favorite scenes of hers.

(And it always makes me think of that one Cam/Vala fic... but, coff, wrong thread for that.)
                Still, might you elaborate?

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                Hehehe. I love that pic. Her skating around was one of the more amusing bits on a rather sad episode.
                It definitely was. Though, I'm sure the pink stockings are responsible for some spontaneous retina combustions.

For size:
                Spoiler:
                VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Yeah. Those pink stockings are...'disturbing'.

I really enjoyed that bit from 'Insiders', too.

Hmm, I really should get around to making a banner or something... (already had an idea for more than a week now, just never got around to doing it. I blame laziness and, as of yesterday, Mass Effect 2 )
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I did try making a banner of Vala, but I guess I probably should have looked at the guidelines for size first. Gonna cut it down later, but thought you guys might like to see

Spoiler:

Edit to add these three (all are up for grabs if you want them, though you can kinda tell I'm an amateur lol):

Spoiler:

Okay, they are all too big to be signatures by like 15KB. Anyone got any tips for making it smaller without shrinking the banner even more? They're all around 700 x 200.
                    Last edited by MarieWynn; 27 January 2010, 06:00 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Save the Stargate Movies Campaign: Official Site, LiveJournal, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by MarieWynn View Post
                      Yes it does! I have to ask, am I the only one who is utterly confused by some of the Vala hate out there? Sometimes I wonder if I watched the same Season 10 as some of the haters. I think we saw a lot of growth from her character in Season 10 and hope the creators remember what an interesting character she is with the movies.
                      You're the not the only one, I'm confused as well. I loved Vala as soon as she appeared in Season 8, she gave me alot of laughs and brought new things and I think better life to SG1!

Comment

That pic of her running - god, that SMILE - I love her.

Those banner's are so cute, to!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Love that pic with her and Jacek! I know a lot of people didn't like that episode, but I really did. It explained sooo much about her character. And the whole Teal'c at the Vagina Monologues bit was priceless!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarieWynn View Post
                              Love that pic with her and Jacek! I know a lot of people didn't like that episode, but I really did. It explained sooo much about her character. And the whole Teal'c at the Vagina Monologues bit was priceless!
                              I liked the episode, but I'm not too sure if I liked the actor playing Jacek. *shrugs*

As for Teal'c...yes, that ending was quite surprising and hilarious. Poor Teal'c. Talk about culture shock.
                              sigpic

Comment

I have one major issue with the episode with her dad - Vala's age. I assumed from the start that she'd been host to Qetesh for at least a relatively long period of time. If we're to believe Ba'al was in his host for thousands of years, I figured even if Vala was a relatively young host for Qetesh, it'd have been at least half a century or so. But if that's her dad? Unless he's been slipping into a sarcophagus himself, it couldn't have been very long at all. Seems a bit plothole-y to me.

That said, I loved Vala in the episode, and if they'd given us a better excuse for her father still being around I might have been happier.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X