No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, Kalliope. I've realised once again why I like the genre of science fiction.

I started making notes while watching the first part but very soon concentrated on simply enjoying the show. And that scene in Avalon pt. 2 I could only watch through my fingers.

First of all:
    How somebody could not like Vala is beyond me.
    Yes, she would steal your birthday cake from right under your nose. Yes, she would also make an inappropriate remark about the birthday cake's icing. But she's definitely not just an annoying comedic character.
    She's absolutely serious when she anounces that she won't open the wrist bands before they've found the treasure to make sure she does get her share. She's obviously learned that lesson earlier in her life.
    And despite her quip after being revived she's more than shaken by the whole incident.
    Vala is a fully rounded complex character with obvious depth, even if we've only just seen glimpses of it. And boy, has she fallen for Daniel. To me her sarcastic comments to him are as much for flirting as they're meant to keep him at bay. Don't let anybody get too close to the 'real' Vala (but on a completely different level than AS & JC)

Various thoughts:
    Ben Browder & Michael Shanks look HOT. (yes, I know that's not a very sophisticated statement )

I didn't really like the black leather costume when I first saw some pics, but now I think it's great.

Vala knows how to make an entrance. And she was crestfallen when Daniel ignored her.

Really like T'ealc's sardonic sense of humour. Bullets bounce, indeed.

Testing possible SG1 members: funny, but very scary at the same time. People like that are supposed to protect us from alien invasion? *gulp*

The new title sequence. Are you kidding me? You're kidding me, right?

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Great review!

I suggest you copy/paste it here: http://forum.gateworld.net/forumdisplay.php?f=43

As for the new title sequence... blame Skiffy. Hopefully the full version is gonna return on DVD.

Comment

I've posted it in the Avalon pt. 2 thread. I can't keep up with all the threads on all the various boards.

Hey, btw, have you finally gotten the 'PU' DVD?

A.

You're not a proper TV actor if you aven't been reanimated with a defibrillator at least once.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
          I've posted it in the Avalon pt. 2 thread. I can't keep up with all the threads on all the various boards.

Hey, btw, have you finally gotten the 'PU' DVD?

A.
          Yup, today morning But it's the first and last time when I'm ordering anything from Amazon.de NEVER AGAIN!!!

Comment

A.

Comment

A.

Comment

A.

Comment

Comment

I forgot about all the ponytails she wore in Farscape. That looks pretty tight. Her head must hurt. I like the blonde streak she has now as Vala. Actually, I like the longer one in PU, not the streaks now. They almost look white and not blonde.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                          I forgot about all the ponytails she wore in Farscape. That looks pretty tight. Her head must hurt. I like the blonde streak she has now as Vala. Actually, I like the longer one in PU, not the streaks now. They almost look white and not blonde.
                          Yeah, the braid seems to be really tight but I always thought it was a very cool look. But does the braiding style itself look complicated, or what?

A.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X