No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having only started watching SG-1 regularly from "Uninvited" onward, I'm curious, how did everyone who watched season 9 as it was airing react to Vala's "death"? I know that Truskawka was an emotional mess Did you think that she was really dead or did you have a feeling that she would be coming back, so you weren't worried? Or were you really upset about it?

By the time that I got to that episode, I was already on MM in season 10, so I was pretty confident she'd survive I'm just wondering, because I hear a lot of people express how much they disliked her back then, so I'm always happy to hear that people really responded to the character back then I had caught "Avalon" through "The Ties That Bind" when they originally aired and LOVED Vala (especially with Daniel), so when I heard she was being bumped up to regular status in season 10, I tuned back in.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I was into spoilers during Season 9, so I had an idea that she might not be 'dead'. I could tell it was left wide open for her to return, but it was still a bit jarring to watch her disappear like she did. The reaction of the others did a lot to tug at the heartstrings, despite what my more logical side was telling me.

Comment

Nope....never thought that she is dead! I was shocked but I had the feeling that she would come back!! Dunno if I already knew she would
        Spoiler:

Comment

Hm, I was kind of sad that Vala might be dead. But I knew that Claudia was only cast for the time of AT's maternity leave back then, so I never really expeccted to see more of Vala.

But I was pleased that her "death" was never confirmed, because it would mean the possibility of more guest appearances. Who could have known that it worked out so well for Claudia (it is a fickle business after all) that she'd be back for the whole S10.

A.
          VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
            Hm, I was kind of sad that Vala might be dead. But I knew that Claudia was only cast for the time of AT's maternity leave back then, so I never really expeccted to see more of Vala.

But I was pleased that her "death" was never confirmed, because it would mean the possibility of more guest appearances. Who could have known that it worked out so well for Claudia (it is a fickle business after all) that she'd be back for the whole S10.

A.
            ... which turned out to be her ONLY full season due to the stupid cancellation... Fortunately we're getting DVD movies, I can hardly wait to see both of them, but especially The Ark of Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
              ... which turned out to be her ONLY full season due to the stupid cancellation... Fortunately we're getting DVD movies, I can hardly wait to see both of them, but especially The Ark of Truth.
              Quetesh!

For size:

Spoiler:

A.

Comment

My immediate reaction was to yell at the tv that if they had only listened to her... I loved Farscape and I was excited when I heard that BB and CB would be joining the cast but was a little upset that Vala dissapeared less than half the eps in. I was happy when she came back and thrilled when she became a regular cast member.
                sigpic

Comment

Quetesh!

A.
                  Wrong. Quetesh will be in Stargate: Continuum movie. The Ark of Truth deals with Ori.

Comment

Wrong. Quetesh will be in Stargate: Continuum movie. The Ark of Truth deals with Ori.
                    You are rght. and i reall want to see Claudia as Quetesh, that will be interesting.

Comment

You're right!

I should have shouted: Tomin!

A.

Comment

I just started watching Claudia's episode of The Dresden Files...
                        Spoiler:
                        OMG. My jaw dropped when she started talking simply because I don't think I've ever heard a different accent come out of her mouth... ever. But I think it's so cool! And so different! I do prefer her regular accent but this one is good too!
                        Okay, going back to watch now.
                        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                          Thanks, Jenny!

I'm under the 24-hour ban, but I owe you and Toomi some green for Vala Vednesday. *making note*
                          Got it and greened you back. Unfortunately I need more time between greens...

Comment

Quetesh!

For size:

Spoiler:

A.
                            Nice suit!!

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm still getting over the shock that the next ep of dresden over here is the one with claudia in! thought I'd have to wait a couple of months yet!

banner by E.K.R
                                If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie here with me and just forget the world, forget what we're told, before we get too old, show me a garden that's burstin into life, all that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see. I don't know where, confused about how as well, just know that these things will never change for us at all....
                                "Snow Patrol - chasing cars"

Comment

Working...
                                X