Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
    Penelope Cruz was wonderful She will shock you!
    I haven't seen the movie, but going back to her roots was the best thing she could have done. And Almodovar is a genius.

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
    I've just read at the SOLUTIONS blog that Michael Shanks has been approached to star in this 3rd Stargate series. I'm really hoping now they've asked Claudia too to be in it.
    That would be great.

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

lunch bump...

Comment

ET - Extra Testicles
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I've just read at the SOLUTIONS blog that Michael Shanks has been approached to star in this 3rd Stargate series. I'm really hoping now they've asked Claudia too to be in it.
          Sounds good but when Claudia will be in the series, too, TPTB shouldn't only focus on Vala & Daniel!! That would be too boring to me 'cause for me Stargate isn't only Vala & Daniel and they don't need to be a real couple! I would also love to see all the others there!!
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
            Sounds good but when Claudia will be in the series, too, TPTB shouldn't only focus on Vala & Daniel!! That would be too boring to me 'cause for me Stargate isn't only Vala & Daniel and they don't need to be a real couple! I would also love to see all the others there!!
            I don't know... I'd love to see ARCHEOLOGIST Daniel in the new series and Vala helping him. No military stuff. AT ALL. Or almost at all.

Comment

I would like to see the Vala/Daniel dynamic continue on, but I don't think it would be wise to have it as the main focal point of a series. It makes for a terrific subplot as it were, but I don't see it carrying a show week in and week out.

Comment

I think D/V has already become somewhat tired. Claudia Black is still a hoot to watch each week, but her interactions (and storyline) aren't up to par with the chemistry she shares with Ben Browder. Note that I'm not necessarily advocating a Mitchell/Vala ship, but I think Farscape handled romance more efficiently and tastefully than Stargate is really capable of. I mean, after ten years they still haven't reconciled any of the major cast relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O View Post
                  I would like to see the Vala/Daniel dynamic continue on, but I don't think it would be wise to have it as the main focal point of a series. It makes for a terrific subplot as it were, but I don't see it carrying a show week in and week out.
                  I agree. It would (and should) still be some sort of sci-fi after all.

A.

Comment

Trubinator said

I think D/V has already become somewhat tired. Claudia Black is still a hoot to watch each week, but her interactions (and storyline) aren't up to par with the chemistry she shares with Ben Browder. Note that I'm not necessarily advocating a Mitchell/Vala ship, but I think Farscape handled romance more efficiently and tastefully than Stargate is really capable of. I mean, after ten years they still haven't reconciled any of the major cast relationships.
                    I am not for or against Daniel/Vala ship or Mitchell/Vala ship (though I just don't see that one), but as I've said before (possibly in another thread), the John/Aeryn love story on Farscape (Ben and Claudia's characters) was ship at its very best. Turbinator said it better than I could - the nature of the show Farscape lent itself to portraying a romance much better than Stargate ever could. The John/Aeryn ship wasn't the focus of every episode in the show, but it was a part of the overreaching story and the chemistry between Ben and Claudia was AMAZING.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
                      I haven't seen the movie, but going back to her roots was the best thing she could have done. And Almeda is a genius.
                      A.
                      She was great in 'All About My Mother'.
                      Can you see Claudia make an Almeda movie?

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
                      Sounds good but when Claudia will be in the series, too, TOT shouldn't only focus on Vala & Daniel!! That would be too boring to me 'cause for me Stargate isn't only Vala & Daniel and they don't need to be a real couple! I would also love to see all the others there!!
                      Agree Vala and Dan are great but Vala is absolutely wonderful with Sam and Teal'c I want to see her more with them.

I don't know... I'd love to see ARCHEOLOGIST Daniel in the new series and Vala helping him. No military stuff. AT ALL. Or almost at all.
                      Yeah! love the idea. they will travel like 'Firefly' I'm so glad that MS will be the STAR, he deserve it and he can do it.

Originally posted by Trubinator View Post
                      The hit between Claudia and Ben are more powerful, i agree but i love Claudia and Michael too, they have also a marvels chemistry, different from Claud and Ben but still enjoyable. It's more a brotherhood/professional/caring chemistry...

Comment

She was great in 'All About My Mother'.
                        Can you see Claudia make an Almeda movie?
                        That was the first movie of his I'd seen. And it showed how wasted Penelope Cruz's talent was in Hollywood.

Claudia definitely has the looks for one of his movies.

A.

Comment

Claudia in Almodovar's next movie, I would love to see that. He is a master working with female characters.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran View Post
                            That was the first movie of his I'd seen. And it showed how wasted Penelope Cruz's talent was in Hollywood.

Claudia definitely has the looks for one of his movies.

A.
                            What do you mean??? she was marvelous in 'Sahara'

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
                            Claudia in Almodovar's next movie, I would love to see that. He is a master working with female characters.
                            YEAH! I also love to see her in his movies

Comment

What do you mean??? she was marvelous in 'Sahara'
                              I'm refering more to the middle phase of her Hollywood career. You might call it the "Cruise-curse".

Nicole Kidman - her talent was noted, but she was mainly seen as Cruise's wife. Now she's one of the most talented and courageous actresses of this generation.

Penelope Cruz - back to being a celebrated actress and shining in her roles.

Katie Holmes - up and coming, critically acclaimed actress. Now....

A.

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter View Post
                                Perhaps we should start a campaign "Claudia Black in Almodovar's next movie"?

Comment

Working...
                                X