No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson in that scene was just bloody halarious, personally he did shine in this ep for me. The dialogue between him and Weir was just gold
    sigpic

Comment

Poor Vala, almost in page 4

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
        Poor Vala, almost in page 4

I'm surprised nobody's capped the final scene with Daniel. The look Vala gives him was quite nice as it indicated she's finally on the road to caring about someone other than herself. I wouldn't call the scene 'romantic', but I think she's starting to realize that Jackson is a rare person in terms of his compassion.

Comment

HELLO anybody home
          sigpic

Comment

Well, after reading some negative stuff on the boards, I found this nice bit at Cinescape, the last paragraph of a longer article:

"Saving the best for last, tapping into the notion of keeping a decade-old series fresh, and providing a mother for the Ori Antichrist is the show’s newly christened regular: Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran. Seemingly always delivering babies at moments of crisis, Black’s arrival in the opening credits reaffirms the wisdom of the show’s producers as the actor’s energy is unmatched. Enlivening even the most tedious of exposition, Black’s performance relies on her impeccable comic timing which manages to appreciate both the gravity of a given situation while gently mocking it for an amusing affect. Her scenes with Adria play more like a puppy that’s messed on the carpet than a mother who’s given birth and the interactions will be doubtlessly further enhanced by the casting of another SF TV luminary in the role of the adult Adria. “No leading of the ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade!” Ah, parenthood and the challenges of setting limits."

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...&sub_id=270402
            I always thought she was the best thing on Farscape as well, and that was no knock on the rest of the brilliant cast.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524
              Well, after reading some negative stuff on the boards, I found this nice bit at Cinescape, the last paragraph of a longer article:

"Saving the best for last, tapping into the notion of keeping a decade-old series fresh, and providing a mother for the Ori Antichrist is the show’s newly christened regular: Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran. Seemingly always delivering babies at moments of crisis, Black’s arrival in the opening credits reaffirms the wisdom of the show’s producers as the actor’s energy is unmatched. Enlivening even the most tedious of exposition, Black’s performance relies on her impeccable comic timing which manages to appreciate both the gravity of a given situation while gently mocking it for an amusing affect. Her scenes with Adria play more like a puppy that’s messed on the carpet than a mother who’s given birth and the interactions will be doubtlessly further enhanced by the casting of another SF TV luminary in the role of the adult Adria. “No leading of the ships and armies on a mass-murdering crusade!” Ah, parenthood and the challenges of setting limits."

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...&sub_id=270402
              I always thought she was the best thing on Farscape as well, and that was no knock on the rest of the brilliant cast.
              Thanks for posting this
              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I really just dont get the haters of Claudia and Ben. They Love Stargate, but lets face it, it was on its way out. If it had not been for the new cast. The new blood. The new storylines, the show would be done. There will be some who say if its not the original team, then it should end. Well, thats just stupid. Stargate has years of life left in it, and the new team will make that possible.

JMHO

Comment

Yay!

26 hours later than planned, a cancelled flight and no information what so ever, running to catch the train from the airport to Amsterdam, running to catch the nighttrain to Munich - sleeping like a packed sardine, running to catch the train to Salzburg, changing trains to Innbruck in Rosenheim, but I AM HOME.

Now I'll take a bath while TPP is d/l. Then I'll catch up on the missed pages of the threads.

Did I miss anything important? Interviews, clips, new promos?

I've missed you all.

A., dirty, tired and lightheaded
                  VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

bounces cos Alex is back

banner by E.K.R
                    If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie here with me and just forget the world, forget what we're told, before we get too old, show me a garden that's burstin into life, all that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see. I don't know where, confused about how as well, just know that these things will never change for us at all....
                    "Snow Patrol - chasing cars"

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                      Yay!

26 hours later than planned, a cancelled flight and no information what so ever, running to catch the train from the airport to Amsterdam, running to catch the nighttrain to Munich - sleeping like a packed sardine, running to catch the train to Salzburg, changing trains to Innbruck in Rosenheim, but I AM HOME.

Now I'll take a bath while TPP is d/l. Then I'll catch up on the missed pages of the threads.

Did I miss anything important? Interviews, clips, new promos?

I've missed you all.

A., dirty, tired and lightheaded
                      Hi
                      Hope you enjoyed the days. We've missed you too

There's lots of stuff, just check this thread and the D/V thread.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stone
                        I really just dont get the haters of Claudia and Ben. They Love Stargate, but lets face it, it was on its way out. If it had not been for the new cast. The new blood. The new storylines, the show would be done. There will be some who say if its not the original team, then it should end. Well, thats just stupid. Stargate has years of life left in it, and the new team will make that possible.

JMHO
                        I understand the haters of Claudia and Ben, though I firmly, adamantly disagree with them. It's the same problem that Star Trek had when The Next Generation came out. There are loyalists, who will always see any new blood as an intrusion. I say, let them live in the past, that's what the DVDs are for. Me? I enjoy SG...always have...and who makes up SG-1 is not nearly as important to me as the storylines. That's my opinion...and I'm not going to pretend that it's humble because it's not.

Anyway...good morning, everyone!

Comment

Congrats on 1,500 posts, cat!

Comment

AQO: Now...if you'll excuse me...

Admiral? Where are you going? And why am I stuck wearing this dress?

AQOEDC: Good morning, Vala.
                            AQOVC: Daniel? No...don't tell me...
                            AQOEDC: Yes, Vala. I'm taking over the PB duties for the day.
                            AQOVC: I said don't tell me.

Comment

Daniel, dear.

AQOEDC: Yes, Vala?
                              AQOVC: No more of this dress, please.
                              AQOEDC: Uh...nope...you get to wear it a while longer.
                              AQOVC: Why?
                              AQOEDC: Because it annoys you.
                              AQOVC: Right. *heavy sigh*

Comment

Daniel...it's nearly lunch time...don't you think we've had enough of this dress for one day?

AQOEDC: Okay...I'll be nice.

Better...but I would like to have more on than just my underwear.

AQOEDC: Since when?

Comment

Working...
                                X