No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking last night about Claudia and her music talent and my conclusion was this one: I would like so see her singing a song in Stargate.
    Does anyone know something about to film a musical episode in this season?. I think it will be an amazing idea, especially for Claudia. What do you think?.

Comment

Originally posted by Runciter
      I was thinking last night about Claudia and her music talent and my conclusion was this one: I would like so see her singing a song in Stargate.
      Does anyone know something about to film a musical episode in this season?. I think it will be an amazing idea, especially for Claudia. What do you think?.
      You know I don't mind having actors/actress singing in a ep like when Teyla sang in "Critical Mass" or if the context is right. But personally I have personal issues with a musical ep. On the other hand I could be wrong and it could be very amusing. If they decide to do sn ep I'll still watch it and hopefully prove me wrong. Sorry but I'm an anti-musical person, the scar is deep
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis
        You know I don't mind having actors/actress singing in a ep like when Teyla sang in "Critical Mass" or if the context is right. But personally I have personal issues with a musical ep. On the other hand I could be wrong and it could be very amusing. If they decide to do sn ep I'll still watch it and hopefully prove me wrong. Sorry but I'm an anti-musical person, the scar is deep
        The only Musical episode i've seen is in Buffy (and i haven't seen this series much at all) and it was GREAT! BUT if we talk about Claudia, i want to see her doing a musical movie! That's the spirit

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
          The only Musical episode i've seen is in Buffy (and i haven't seen this series much at all) and it was GREAT! BUT if we talk about Claudia, i want to see her doing a musical movie! That's the spirit
          I'm a huge Buffy fan and I have to say I did'nt mind it, only because Anya just cracked me up, you gotta love Anya. I thought it worked well for that ep and the humor of the Buffy genre
          Hey I'm all in for it, love to Claudia show her vocal talent.
          What I mean is musical (in general) is not on my wish list.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis
            I'm a huge Buffy fan and I have to say I did'nt mind it, only because Anya just cracked me up, you gotta love Anya. I thought it worked well for that ep and the humor of the Buffy genre
            Hey I'm all in for it, love to Claudia show her vocal talent.
            What I mean is musical (in general) is not on my wish list.
            Claudia's vocal talent is enormous... I suppose you're familiar with the song "Groovy"?
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Knowing what it took out of Claudia to sing for the fans at the FS con a couple years ago...I'm not sure I'd push for her to do a musical eps or movie any time soon. But that's just me. It's not that I wouldn't dearly love to hear her sing more, it's just that knowing that when she was much younger and two frellnicks said something about her singing too loud (personally, I think they were jealous) and it had an obvious effect on her for a long, long time, I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on her.

I have a feeling that eventually she'll get more and more past those feelings those frellnicks caused her and she will sing more and more.

I for one think the world would be a better place with Claudia sharing her singing talent with us as well.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                Knowing what it took out of Claudia to sing for the fans at the FS con a couple years ago...I'm not sure I'd push for her to do a musical eps or movie any time soon. But that's just me. It's not that I wouldn't dearly love to hear her sing more, it's just that knowing that when she was much younger and two frellnicks said something about her singing too loud (personally, I think they were jealous) and it had an obvious effect on her for a long, long time, I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on her.

I have a feeling that eventually she'll get more and more past those feelings those frellnicks caused her and she will sing more and more.

I for one think the world would be a better place with Claudia sharing her singing talent with us as well.
                These are two completely different things, performing in front of several hundreds people and doing studio recording for a movie or TV series. I can't see the reason why she would oppose to this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                  These are two completely different things, performing in front of several hundreds people and doing studio recording for a movie or TV series. I can't see the reason why she would oppose to this idea.
                  I didn't say she would be, but me personally, I wouldn't feel right trying to pressure her into it.

While they maybe to different venues...those hurt feelings are still there. The doubt of "What if those (gits) girls were right and I do sing too loud? What if I really don't have talent and people are being nice cause they like me?" Doesn't matter sometimes were a performer performs...those feelings can and sometimes will surface and give performers a BAD case of "stage fright". Believe you me, having that hit just as you're going out to perform can cause a body to FREEZE and even forget your own name. It's not a fun feeling.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                    I didn't say she would be, but me personally, I wouldn't feel right trying to pressure her into it.

While they maybe to different venues...those hurt feelings are still there. The doubt of "What if those (gits) girls were right and I do sing too loud? What if I really don't have talent and people are being nice cause they like me?" Doesn't matter sometimes were a performer performs...those feelings can and sometimes will surface and give performers a BAD case of "stage fright". Believe you me, having that hit just as you're going out to perform can cause a body to FREEZE and even forget your own name. It's not a fun feeling.
                    In the interview for Verbatim (issue #8) magazine, which was taken definitely AFTER her singing experience in Burbank, Claudia said she'd love to do a professional musical someday.

Comment

Completly OT, but really funny! (I saw it at Sam's thread) - at this website - http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/ - you can generate your elvish name and following another link, also hobbit name!

I've done it and my elvish name is Ireth Alcarin and hobbit name is Primula Dogwood of Shadydowns

Comment

In the interview for Verbatim (issue #8) magazine, which was taken definitely AFTER her singing experience in Burbank, Claudia said she'd love to do a professional musical someday.
                        First of all, I hope you don't think I'm lecturing you or anyone...I'm just sharing my opinion/thoughts. I'm cranky sometimes when I do. Sometimes I just find most of the human race annoying.

Now on to my reply to your thing up there:

I don't doubt it...but I just have problems when fans (no one here is doing it) start pushing their own agendas on their favorite stars.

Case in point...the year after Claudia graced us with her singing voice a fan while in line to ask her a question...asked if she'd sing again. That same fan was at the con the year before...and had to of heard Claudia mention how nervous she was to sing in front of the fans...but because she was so grateful for the support and loyalty to the show...she sang for us as a way of thanking us. This fan has been known before to be rather demanding of the cast/crew of the show and it irks me. The cast and crew owe the fans nothing, imho. Yet sadly there are fans who think this way about any given show.

Dreaming about wanting them to do something is one thing, but when you start asking demanding questions at cons or if you see them in public anywere...is rude, imho.

Maybe this comes from being a perfomer myself and when I'm out and about in my regular, non-acting/performing life, I don't appreciate folks coming up to me, invading my personal space and asking/demanding my attention. I try to remember that when I see celebs (especially the ones I like) in public and give them their space.
                        sigpic

Comment

Completly OT, but really funny! (I saw it at Sam's thread) - at this website - http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/ - you can generate your elvish name and following another link, also hobbit name!

I've done it and my elvish name is Ireth Alcarin and hobbit name is Primula Dogwood of Shadydowns
                          Posted the same thing on the SAGC thread:

ELF
                          Using my full name: Lúthien Ancal?*mon
                          Using my nick name: Celebriän Ancal?*mon
                          Using Sun Krux: Galadriël Táralóm

Hobbit
                          Using my full name: Rosie-Posie Loamsdown
                          Using my nick name: Orangeblossom Loamsdown
                          Using Sun Krux: Lobelia Gamwich of the Bree Gamwiches

sigpic

Comment

whos got some nice pics of vala

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                              who's got some nice pics of vala
                              You can go back through the pages, there're plenty there
                              Here's one i found. I don't know from which episode it is *spoiler season 10*

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...10/1006_12.jpg

Comment

With those new image for the up and coming ep Vala has her pony tail plaited.
                                still deciding wheather I like it or not, guess I have to wait and see the ep.
                                Still love the loose pony tail look.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X