Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

Regarding CB in 'Pitch Black', Vin Diesel said in the commentary that "Claudia was literally in pain", because it was so freezing cold. Brrrr, indeed.

Kalliope, you've posted one of my all time favourite pics. The one from BTBW, where Aeryn speaks with Talyn/ Talyn's light floor for the first time.

Yesterday I've seen the SG DVD 37 in a shop, which means that number 38 including Claudia's ep can't be far away. Yee-haw.

I'm going to join the line for the green shirt/jacket.

A.

P.S.: Using my old PC as a doorstopper is a great idea. I'm just afraid that I'll keep stumbling over it and the room will play Pinball with me.

P.P.S.: Sorry that I didn't quote the posts I was replying to, but I only thought of that later, which would have meant reloading the page to see the whole thread, which would mean that I'd have to write my repy again and I couldn't be bothered to do that.
    What a long sentence. Do I get a prize?
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Claud's ep is on vol. 40, you can get in online here: http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000098954

Comment

I love Anthony's commentary for BTBW: http://www.fsfanatic.com/DVD/Comment...W/btbwcom.html

"This is a wonderful tribute to Claudia and Ben and many other cast members, but in particular this relationship between Aeryn and Pilot. Quite a tribute to her talents, because to endow the puppets as real creatures and characters is initially easy. But then to build specificity and growth into those types of relationships is actually very difficult. And Claudia really makes this relationship live. [brief silence] She listens, beautifully. Very detailed. Doesn't miss a beat when she acts, Claudia. Very talented actress. I've learned a lot from working with her. [brief silence] A new character. I love how the ships on Farscape are characters, rather than just vessels. Oh, the personality that they bring to the show, and what they reveal about all the characters, through their relationships with the ships, is absolutely beautiful. [brief silence] She does a lovely job in here. Once again, acting by herself, with an AD reading off these Pilot lines. Trying to make it work, trying to mark through the moments. Fabulous job.
        I'll bet Claudia was really nervous about doing these scenes. And is often the case, you walk into an episode, and you're nervous it, and you think "Oh my God, this could be -" into a scene, I should say, "could be the scene where I'm going to fall on my face and have a little bit of trouble." They end up being some of the most beautiful scenes that you do. Because that means that nervousness makes you think about it more. You concentrate and bring a lot more detail to it.
        Not only does she mark out this scene beautifully, in terms of the rhythm and the moments and the beats. She also plays the weight and the gravity of the situation, fantastically. Which is not easy when you're in this red room, full of flashing lights. Beautiful calm and stillness. Very, very relaxed."

Comment

wow! very intersting. i never read it before and Anthony Simcoe said it from a director and actor POV. Very nice!

We all know how extraordinary actress she is. and now people who can make a diffrent need to know it. I would say with no shame that her talent is like Meryl Streep's tallent. A gift!

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
            Hi!

Regarding CB in 'Pitch Black', Vin Diesel said in the commentary that "Claudia was literally in pain", because it was so freezing cold. Brrrr, indeed.
            poor girl

Yesterday I've seen the SG DVD 37 in a shop, which means that number 38 including Claudia's ep can't be far away. Yee-haw.
            I bought mine online.

P.S.: Using my old PC as a doorstopper is a great idea. I'm just afraid that I'll keep stumbling over it and the room will play Pinball with me.

What a long sentence. Do I get a prize?
            I buy you a drink
            Last edited by valaCB; 21 May 2005, 02:15 AM.

Comment

New piccies

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
                      wow! very intersting. i never read it before and Anthony Simcoe said it from a director and actor POV. Very nice!

We all know how extraordinary actress she is. and now people who can make a diffrent need to know it. I would say with no shame that her talent is like Meryl Streep's tallent. A gift!
                      Do you want to say that you're not familiar with Farscape episodes commentaries??? ADV Films' Starburst Edition (Region 1) or Contender UK Boxsets edtions are MUST BUY then... I recommend Starburst (there's Season 1 released at the moment, the first vol. of Season 2 will be released on June 21st), 'cause there are completely new commentaries for several episodes recorded by Claudia, Ben, David Kemper and Rockne O'Bannon last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                        Do you want to say that you're not familiar with Farscape episodes commentaries??? ADV Films' Starburst Edition (Region 1) or Contender UK Boxsets edtions are MUST BUY then... I recommend Starburst (there's Season 1 released at the moment, the first vol. of Season 2 will be released on June 21st), 'cause there are completely new commentaries for several episodes recorded by Claudia, Ben, David Kemper and Rockne O'Bannon last year.
                        I only have the first Starburst Edition season 1

Comment

WHITE

Comment

Last edited by valaCB; 21 May 2005, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X