Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
    A bit.

I'd find filming "Crusade" pretty weird. You know, life imitating art imitating life.
    A pregnancy is something very personal. Scenes like those between Vala and Tomin (in the bed after her ordeal, at the end) must be quite strange for an actress.
    It just shows how careful you have to be to seperate your work/character from your real life. There've been enough examples in Hollywood history where an actor wasn't so successful in that.

A.

P.S.: If someone thinks this post is inappropriate, just tell me and I'll delete it.
    I wonder whether Claudia will tell us something more about filming Crusade in the interviews in near future...

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
      I wonder whether Claudia will tell us something more about filming Crusade in the interviews in near future...
      Yeah, that would be interesting!
      Spoiler:

Comment

A bit.

I'd find filming "Crusade" pretty weird. You know, life imitating art imitating life.
        A pregnancy is something very personal...
        Yes, it would be interesting to have CB's take on it.

When Lucy Lawless was pregnant and playing Xena as pregnant, she made sure that she did her Xena "giving birth" scene after she'd had her baby in real life - she didn't want her unborn baby to be upset by her yelling while she acted being in labour.
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
          Yes, it would be interesting to have CB's take on it.

When Lucy Lawless was pregnant and playing Xena as pregnant, she made sure that she did her Xena "giving birth" scene after she'd had her baby in real life - she didn't want her unborn baby to be upset by her yelling while she acted being in labour.
          The same with Claudia, her baby boy was born in December and
          Spoiler:
          Vala will give birth to a daughter Adria in the first episode of season 10
          , which probably was being filmed late February/early March or so.

Comment

Comment

Comment

A bit.

A pregnancy is something very personal. Scenes like those between Vala and Tomin (in the bed after her ordeal, at the end) must be quite strange for an actress.
                It just shows how careful you have to be to seperate your work/character from your real life. There've been enough examples in Hollywood history where an actor wasn't so successful in that.

A.

P.S.: If someone thinks this post is inappropriate, just tell me and I'll delete it.

Well, of course, Claudia is a consummate professional, & I'm POSITIVE she knows how to separate the two. At the Burbank con in 2004, she commented on how others in production don't, though. They'd address her as "Aeryn" instead of herself, & she'd have to tell them that she's Claudia, & if they have a note for the character she'd pass it on to her.

It is ironic how this keeps happening to her, though. She told us at the same con that around the time of filming PKW, she, too had been planning a wedding. But neither hers nor Aeryn's went according to plan.

Spoiler:

I remember asking her that day how she was able to get that intense degree of realism while performing Little D's birth while never having experienced that herself. It will be interesting to see if it changes for her performance of Adria's birth.
                Last edited by skchwojko; 16 March 2006, 08:52 AM.
                CBOOL #73 1/2 -don't forget the 1/2
                Keeper of the Aeryn Sun Wardrobe Collection: "May you be blessed with a joyous life"-chickwithgun (CB) to skchwojko 20 Apr 2004
                http://skchwojko.livejournal.com/
                http://www.myspace.com/skchwojko

Comment

Originally posted by skchwojko
                  Well, of course, Claudia is a consummate professional, & I'm POSITIVE she knows how to separate the two. At the Burbank con in 2004, she commented on how others in production don't, though. They'd address her as "Aeryn" instead of herself, & she'd have to tell them that she's Claudia & if they have a not for the character she'd pass it on to her.

It is ironic how this keeps happening to her, though. She told us at the same con that around the time of filming PKW, she, too had been planning a wedding. But neither hers nor Aeryn's went according to plan.
                  I totally agree. She obviously has her feet firmly rooted in reality.

The thought just sprang to my mind because I remembered a conversation about how - when you're preggers - complete strangers will come up to you and ask, if they can touch your belly. If they even ask. And then they are offended if you say no.

It's something that comes up a lot in acting - kissing, sex scenes (can I write that here?),...
                  It's IMO easier to detach yourself from something like that than a pregnancy. Especially, if the little one might decide to play kidney soccer then and there.

A.

VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by skchwojko
                    Well, of course, Claudia is a consummate professional, & I'm POSITIVE she knows how to separate the two. At the Burbank con in 2004, she commented on how others in production don't, though. They'd address her as "Aeryn" instead of herself, & she'd have to tell them that she's Claudia, & if they have a note for the character she'd pass it on to her.

Spoiler:

I remember asking her that day how she was able to get that intense degree of realism while performing Little D's birth while never having experienced that herself. It will be interesting to see if it changes for her performance of Adria's birth.
                    We'll see...

Comment

I totally agree. She obviously has her feet firmly rooted in reality.

The thought just sprang to my mind because I remembered a conversation about how - when you're preggers - complete strangers will come up to you and ask, if they can touch your belly. If they even ask. And then they are offended if you say no.

It's something that comes up a lot in acting - kissing, sex scenes (can I write that here?),...
                      It's IMO easier to detach yourself from something like that than a pregnancy. Especially, if the little one might decide to play kidney soccer then and there.

A.
                      Daniella Evangelista, who played Denya mentioned in her interview for SciFi World, that she felt Claud's baby kicking

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                        We'll see...
                        And then we can compare
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Comment

That was so mean and sad

Spoiler:

Comment

We'll get the whole burning scene on DVD soon.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X