Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    I beg to differ...I think the problem stems from the "Uber Pro-Vala" brigade causing problems on the NEGATIVE only threads, but that's just mho.

I'll be staying here, since I did check out the Vala-dictorians thread on Sony Pics and it's far, far too mean towards Sam for my liking. I will repeat what I said in this forums Vala-dictorians thread, I think it's utterly stupid and useless to argue about who's better Sam or Vala, since I think they are both AWESOME!
    Do you still think so
    From ask Joe Mallozzi

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by George Costanza
    Hello Joe. I read that Vala will return later this season. I don't like the character; in fact, she's kind of ruined the Stargate experience in the first six episodes for me. However, I would like to know why you think she is a great character, why you are intent on bringing her back, and how you feel about the massive amounts of people who dislike Vala. Thanks in advance.

answer-
    Personally, I think she's a terrific character. She's roguishly-wicked, funny, and impossible to pin down. There's no knowing whether she has a hidden agenda or what her true motives are - but, despite all that, there's the sense that she is a good person at heart. In short - she's a blast to write for."

Last edited by valaCB; 08 September 2005, 12:28 AM.

Comment

The new spoiler for "Crusade" is on Gateworld!! You have to read it!!!!

Crusade
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala
        The new spoiler for "Crusade" is on Gateworld!! You have to read it!!!!

Crusade

Oooh, that sounds very interesting. The writers seem to be throwing in every possible twist and surprise. Well, it IS a season finale.

Now, I know that the line 'will Vala survive at all' is almost mandatory for such a summary, but it still worries me an itsy bitsy.

I will repeat what I said in this forums Vala-dictorians thread, I think it's utterly stupid and useless to argue about who's better Sam or Vala, since I think they are both AWESOME!
        I second that. You just have to have different personalities.

A.

P.S.: Top 5 sci-fi woman (in alphabetical order): Aeryn Sun, Ellen Ripley, Mara Jade, Sam Carter, Vala Mal Doran
        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
          Oooh, that sounds very interesting. The writers seem to be throwing in every possible twist and surprise. Well, it IS a season finale.

Now, I know that the line 'will Vala survive at all' is almost mandatory for such a summary, but it still worries me an itsy bitsy.

I second that. You just have to have different personalities.

A.

P.S.: Top 5 sci-fi woman (in alphabetical order): Aeryn Sun, Ellen Ripley, Mara Jade, Sam Carter, Vala Mal Doran
          Call me stupid, but... who is Mara Jade?

My top 5 (and I mean sci-fi general here, not only TV) would be: Aeryn Sun, Ellen Ripley, Princess Leia, Sarah Connor, Vala Mal Doran. Sam Carter is 6th on my list.

Comment

I'm a little bit disappointed because
            Spoiler:
            she is married to another man!
            Spoiler:

Comment

"Crusade" is not a finale. "Camelot" is a finale and a cliffhanger...

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                OK, what about Aeryn? It was 1999 or 2000, I love this cover

Is this a joke? Where is the image?

Comment

Originally posted by Temporarily_cloned
                  Crusade" is not a finale. "Camelot" is a finale and a cliffhanger
                  But they belong together, so the finale starts with 'Crusade'.

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala
                  I'm a little bit disappointed because SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
                  Spoiler:
                  she is married to another man!
                  Well, then Daniel simply has to don his shining armor and get her back.

Originally posted by Temporarily_cloned
                  Call me stupid, but... who is Mara Jade?
                  She's part of the so called 'Extended Star Wars Universe'.
                  She used to be Palpatines personal assassin. She ends up marrying Luke Skywalker and giving birth to his son Ben (after Obi Wan 'Ben' Kenobi).

I recommend, Luke visit a shrink. First his sister -illegal, even in a galaxy far, far away, I'm sure , then (in the books) a former Jedi trapped in a ship computer -the Force ain't THAT strong - and now married to a former Empire assassin. Still, three times a charm.

A.

Comment

But they belong together, so the finale starts with 'Crusade'.

Well, then Daniel simply has to don his shining armor and get her back.

She's part of the so called 'Extended Star Wars Universe'.
                    She used to be Palpatines personal assassin. She ends up marrying Luke Skywalker and giving birth to his son Ben (after Obi Wan 'Ben' Kenobi).

I recommend, Luke visit a shrink. First his sister -illegal, even in a galaxy far, far away, I'm sure , then (in the books) a former Jedi trapped in a ship computer -the Force ain't THAT strong - and now married to a former Empire assassin. Still, three times a charm.

A.
                    I've never read any "Star Wars" book...

Comment

Let's not forget Susan Ivanova, Delenn, Scully, Kira Nerys, or Shane Vanson.

Better make this a top ten

Honorary mention to Devon Adair. Though, she wasn't quite as steely as the others.
                      But she had a vision and good leadership skills.

And, I concur, Sarah Conner was the bomb and Mara Jade kicks a$$. Wish we could have seen her on screen at some point instead of just reading about her. On second thought, I don't want George Lucas anywhere near that character. No telling what the damage would be.

Comment

Originally posted by the_cadpig
                        Better make this a top ten
                        My top tens change every week or so. I mean, Vala didn't even exist a year ago.
                        And if I would call my list top x of sfi-fi/fantasy then it would get very crowded. Imagine the waiting line in front of the WC.

To my shame, I've never seen more than one or two eps of Space and Babylon 5.
                        I've seen Terminator at the age of seven on holiday in Italy. Next to our appartment was an open air cinema and I just couldn't stop watching, as much as I wanted to.

Originally posted by the_cadpig
                        On second thought, I don't want George Lucas anywhere near that character. No telling what the damage would be.
                        I don't think truer words have ever been spoken.

A.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...