No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish TPTB delved more into Vala's backstory, too. I've got one sketched out for her and hope to address it in some of my fics. I've focused more on Daniel/Vala and missing scene/post-ep fics for the season so far.

I'm sure Vala has many stories to tell, true or not and I'm ready to hear them.

Oh, and GW added Vala to their Omnipedia. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
      I wish TPTB delved more into Vala's backstory, too. I've got one sketched out for her and hope to address it in some of my fics. I've focused more on Daniel/Vala and missing scene/post-ep fics for the season so far.

I'm sure Vala has many stories to tell, true or not and I'm ready to hear them.

Oh, and GW added Vala to their Omnipedia. Yay!
      What is Omnipedia?

never mind..i know now
      Last edited by valaCB; 01 September 2005, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rac76
        I read that she is coming back in the latter half of the season! I say thank goodness!! I miss vala! I think she is a great change of pace from what the previous seasons were like. And she is really pretty (and I'm a girl saying this)!!! I think she did a wonderful job with the scripts that she was given. I mean I loved the banter between her and Daniel. Hopefully, they will go more in depth with her character in the upcoming episodes.
        it's very nice to see someone who like Vala and want her to stay

Comment

You have to read the transcript of the commentary of "Prometheus Unbound" with Claudia Black, Andy Mikita and Damian Kindler!!

Transcript

They talk so positiv about Claudia

Edit: I did the 1983. post!! That's my year of birth
          Last edited by Aeryn/Vala; 02 September 2005, 06:11 AM.
          Spoiler:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rac76
              I read that she is coming back in the latter half of the season! I say thank goodness!! I miss vala! I think she is a great change of pace from what the previous seasons were like. And she is really pretty (and I'm a girl saying this)!!! I think she did a wonderful job with the scripts that she was given. I mean I loved the banter between her and Daniel. Hopefully, they will go more in depth with her character in the upcoming episodes.
              Hi rac76! Agree with you completely

Comment

Spoiler end season 9

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/919.shtml

We all know what its's about but still

Spoiler:
                NEW! August 23 - "Rob is working on 'Crusade,' which will see the return of THAT CHARACTER with a major relevation (which I won't reveal at the moment so you'll just have to wait for the SCI FI promo). Rob will not only be writing and producing, but directing the episode as well. I've already told him I expect nothing less than the greatest episode of Stargate SG-1 EVER! Anything less will be a disappointment. No pressure."

Comment

Interesting what is this revelation...

Comment

ValaMalduran, check your PM box...

Comment

some of them do blame the writers.
                      I have to defend the writers a bit.

Maybe their material is not always 100% up to scratch, maybe they don't always give us the character insight and development we'd like, but I'm sure they try their best.
                      I agree that sometimes a character is sloppishly written. But Claudia seemed to be quite content by Vala's storyline judging by the 'Prometheus Unbound' commentary.

Sometimes we might expect too much. Sometimes a script is simply not about what WE want. Every show has their ups and downs. And some eps that get torn apart become classics later on.

May I cite a Farscape example here, on the SG forum? I don't think 'Meltdown' was received that well in the beginning. Script? What script or story? Still it is undeniably a classic.

A.
                      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                        I have to defend the writers a bit.

Maybe their material is not always 100% up to scratch, maybe they don't always give us the character insight and development we'd like, but I'm sure they try their best.
                        I agree that sometimes a character is sloppishly written. But Claudia seemed to be quite content by Vala's storyline judging by the 'Prometheus Unbound' commentary.

Sometimes we might expect too much. Sometimes a script is simply not about what WE want. Every show has their ups and downs. And some eps that get torn apart become classics later on.

May I cite a Farscape example here, on the SG forum? I don't think 'Meltdown' was received that well in the beginning. Script? What script or story? Still it is undeniably a classic.

A.
                        Precisely! I remember reading somewhere that both Claudia and Ben after reading "Meltdown" script sighed and said "well, it's not Shakespeare... "
                        BTW, "Meltdown" is among ten of my favourite "Farscape" episodes

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X