X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    She can call me...anytime

Spoiler:

Guh. I hate CB for those abs. They're ridiculous!!

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
      Season 4 has the nice long and straigthened hair that makes me think a little of Vala in Prometheus Unbound I think it's a more carefree look, more playful. It's definitely "prettier" but I disagree with SunKrux, I don't think the small added femininity makes her a "skank". I think she looks dignified and elegant in any hairstyle but especially this one.
      Feel free to disagree with me all you want. The FAKENESS (meaning the extentions/wig) of the long straight hair is why I refer to it as the PK Skank look. It's not flattering in the least, for Claudia, IMHO. I don't think the long straight hair added any femininity to Aeryn. I think when it was like it was in S1 and towards the end of S4, the natural curl/wave that Claudia has is way more feminine, IMHO, than long, straight and obviously fake hair that Aeryn had in the beginning of S4. I know they wanted to show the changes that Aeryn went through but really...the extentions/wig/whatever was, IMHO, not a good look.

I also think it is rather sad that so many women with naturally curly or wavey hair are made to feel like they HAVE to straighten it to be considered more feminine. That's probably because I have naturally curly hair and refuse to straighten it to fit what the media deems is the "in" style for women's hair. God made my hair curly and it's going to stay that way.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        Some caps from my AOT DVD

Spoiler:

Hey, can you post these pic in Vala/Tomin thread PLS?
        LOve it!

Comment

Nice caps, Integrabyte

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            Feel free to disagree with me all you want. The FAKENESS (meaning the extentions/wig) of the long straight hair is why I refer to it as the PK Skank look. It's not flattering in the least, for Claudia, IMHO. I don't think the long straight hair added any femininity to Aeryn. I think when it was like it was in S1 and towards the end of S4, the natural curl/wave that Claudia has is way more feminine, IMHO, than long, straight and obviously fake hair that Aeryn had in the beginning of S4. I know they wanted to show the changes that Aeryn went through but really...the extentions/wig/whatever was, IMHO, not a good look.

I also think it is rather sad that so many women with naturally curly or wavey hair are made to feel like they HAVE to straighten it to be considered more feminine. That's probably because I have naturally curly hair and refuse to straighten it to fit what the media deems is the "in" style for women's hair. God made my hair curly and it's going to stay that way.
            I don't mean to sound confrontational, but I don't think that's really the issue. I don't think Milena and I were ever saying that CB (or any woman) has to straighten her hair to appear more "feminine." After all, Milena herself said she liked the S1 flowing, curly look the best. I just think some of us see the ponytail she sports in S2-3 as too extreme. To me, it accentuates the more masculine features of CB's face (which perhaps is what they were going for, to make her more military). I think CB is a stunningly beautiful woman, but that look never really showed that. For me, S4 was when I think Aeryn was starting to come into her own as a woman and as a character; she began to realize that she didn't need to be "hard" all of the time, that she could embrace the fact that she was a woman while also kicking some butt

I guess my only problem is with you calling it "skanky" because I know plenty of people who straighten their hair and I would never consider them to be "skanks"

-Stef
            Last edited by Stef; 19 March 2008, 04:44 AM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              I don't mean to sound confrontational, but I don't think that's really the issue. I don't think Milena and I were ever saying that CB (or any woman) has to straighten her hair to appear more "feminine." After all, Milena herself said she liked the S1 flowing, curly look the best. I just think some of us see the ponytail she sports in S2-3 as too extreme. To me, it accentuates the more masculine features of CB's face (which perhaps is what they were going for, to make her more military). I think CB is a stunningly beautiful woman, but that look never really showed that. For me, S4 was when I think Aeryn was starting to come into her own as a woman and as a character; she began to realize that she didn't need to be "hard" all of the time, that she could embrace the fact that she was a woman while also kicking some butt

I guess my only problem is with you calling it "skanky" because I know plenty of people who straighten their hair and I would never consider them to be "skanks"

-Stef
              ITA And personally, if I were to give a completely generalized opinion, I think curls flatter more feminine looks more than straightened hair. Of course it depends on which culture you're from but generally I love curls a lot more than straight hair. The only reason I straighten mine is because I don't have the money to get another perm anytime soon and my hair's only manageable that way

But like I said before, hairstyles aren't generally what "skank" up a woman Then again, maybe we have different definitions of "skank", that would probably explain the misunderstanding better
              ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                As far as I'm concerned, there isn't an issue. We're all sharing what we think/feel about the hairstyle's of Aeryn in Farscape. We just don't happen to agree.

Oy, just because I said that to ME the FAKE extentions in Claudia's already gorgeous hair LOOKS skanky like doesn't mean that I think all women with straight hair are skanks. Geez. It means that I don't think the extentions were a good luck for Claudia/Aeryn. It was a bad job, imho with them and it showed, imho. You are perfectly welcome to disagree with me. If they had been hidden better or the look wasn't so bad, I wouldn't have a problem with it. So we disagree with that, big deal. We probably disagree on what flavor of ice cream is the best. That's the beauty of life, we don't all agree on stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milena_D View Post
                  But like I said before, hairstyles aren't generally what "skank" up a woman Then again, maybe we have different definitions of "skank", that would probably explain the misunderstanding better
                  It's not just the hairstyle that can make a woman look like a skank, but sometimes it does.
                  sigpic

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, there isn't an issue. We're all sharing what we think/feel about the hairstyle's of Aeryn in Farscape. We just don't happen to agree.
                    Spoiler:

Oy, just because I said that to ME the FAKE extentions in Claudia's already gorgeous hair LOOKS skanky like doesn't mean that I think all women with straight hair are skanks. Geez. It means that I don't think the extentions were a good luck for Claudia/Aeryn. It was a bad job, imho with them and it showed, imho. You are perfectly welcome to disagree with me. If they had been hidden better or the look wasn't so bad, I wouldn't have a problem with it. So we disagree with that, big deal. We probably disagree on what flavor of ice cream is the best. That's the beauty of life, we don't all agree on stuff.
                    Just to keep this discussion away from the CB love....
                    Spoiler:
                    I have nothing wrong with a healthy differing of opinions, I think we're all entitled to believe what we want...but your comments came across as insulting, saying that her character looked like a skank Whatever you're personal issues with curly vs. straight hair are, I'm not sure this is the forum for you to release your anger/frustrations about it

Just in the future...maybe try avoiding giving derogatory nicknames to the character...even if you don't always like the way she is shown/styled/dressed/etc. It's one think to critique a certain aspect of the character you don't like (I have no problem with that), it's another to flat out insult and/or ridicule her look/character/whatever. That is where my problem came, not with your differing opinion on the matter.

-Stef

Comment

It's not just the hairstyle that can make a woman look like a skank, but sometimes it does.
                      I'm not sure I agree but that's your opinion, I have my own I'm just not very comfortable hearing Aeryn/CB called a skank in a Pro-CB thread, but I'm new around here, maybe this is just a part of the thread-life I haven't seen before? I'm not sure I'll want to be sticking around if this is an anti thread in disguise
                      ||My Fanfiction: FF.net & My LJ || Vala Multi-Shipping LJ Comm||

Banner made by Stef!

Comment

Vala Vednesday is taking place in the lounge today. Follow the link in my siggy if you like. In here, I will be doing a pic run only.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X