The Vala/Claudia Black Discussion & Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux
    Thanks esoap524. Just because I don't worship at the temple of Claudia like some of her fans do, doesn't mean I don't love her for her talent, compassion, passion and cheekiness. I love my family dearly, but have I always liked choices they make, frell no!

It's a shame that some Claudia fans have a problem with any one (Claudia fan or not) expressing the fact that they might not like certain things about Claudia's acting choices on SG1 or in anything else she's done. I mean...I remember a long time ago when on a group for Claudia, I commented that I found it a little disturbing and stalkerish that some fan was waxing rhapsodic about the whiteness of her teeth or some such. I was told it was just in jest...but I still have my doubts about that.

I can accept that some here don't like my views and I'm honestly good with that. I don't hate anyone here. Am I annoyed by some here, you betcha. Are some here annoyed by me, I'd say you betcha. Thing is, I'm not going to hold that against anyone. Are you going to hold it against me? If you do, you're only hurting yourself cause I don't give a flying frell if you like me or my views.

Why can't we all agree to disagree on certain things regarding Claudia and this board and not take it to other boards and show only a ONESIDED version of the events? Not very adult or Scaper like imho. What would Claudia think? How would she feel? I'd think long and hard about that before taking any issues you might have with how things here are run to another board. Whether you like it or not, your behavior is looked at by many and sadly it can make others think twice about giving Claudia a chance on SG1 because they'll worry that certain rabid Claudia fans will attack them for daring to say anything they don't agree with in regards to Claudia's performance.
    I can tell you that i do like Claudia choices and i love Vala a lote!!! that dosen't mean that i think Claudia is the most perfect person. as all of us she has/had her mistake im sure.
    But i do like Vala, can you respect my opinion?
    Sure you do. lets stay in this level and not complain on what people write or may write in general. if you have someone specific, talk about him or with him. otherwise the otmospire isn't comfortable (for me anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB
      I can tell you that i do like Claudia choices and i love Vala a lote!!! that dosen't mean that i think Claudia is the most perfect person. as all of us she has/had her mistake im sure.
      But i do like Vala, can you respect my opinion?
      Sure you do. lets stay in this level and not complain on what people write or may write in general. if you have someone specific, talk about him or with him. otherwise the otmospire isn't comfortable (for me anyway).
      valaCB, I'll respect your opinion if you and your pals respect mine. As for you being uncomfortable, I'm sorry, but know you know how I feel, certain people on this thread make me feel uncomfortable because they don't like that I don't agree with them 100% all the time in regards to Claudia and or Vala.

If we all thought the same, had the same opinions and views, life would be boring and dire. IMHO, life is far more interesting when we all have different views/opinions on things.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I think I might add my appreciation for Vala/Claudia.

When I first saw her in Prometheus Unbound I had mix feeling about the character/actress. I didn't hate nor did I like her, basically I didn't care. But then after seeing her in season nine I was like wow I love this character. It was like there was some thing glowing about her that made the other character look like backdrops. The dynamic between her and the other member of SG1 was just to halarious and entertaining for me not to admire her as an actress.
        I mean how can you not like her wit and sassyness(my word for sexy, smart, and resourceful). I know some would find it offesive and insulting, but hey each to there own guess.

Having her in season nine made the season so much more enjoyable to watch(IMO).
        I rearly rewatch season nine of SG1, but when I do I have to admit I only watch the Vala eps. It was sad when she left after beachhead it just was'nt the same for me.

I'm so looking forwards to having her in season ten as a full time cast member, and man the interation with her and Sam in going to be a treat (I hope).
        Every time I look back at the scene in beachhead when Sam said "what's up with the back up singer" and then Vala's reaction just cracks me up and gold in my book.
        sigpic

Comment

valaCB, I'll respect your opinion if you and your pals respect mine. As for you being uncomfortable, I'm sorry, but know you know how I feel, certain people on this thread make me feel uncomfortable because they don't like that I don't agree with them 100% all the time in regards to Claudia and or Vala.

If we all thought the same, had the same opinions and views, life would be boring and dire. IMHO, life is far more interesting when we all have different views/opinions on things.
          I just join this thred so the discussion is new to me, but I will say I do respect your opinion and I'm sure other do to.(I hope)
          sigpic

Comment

You can post and say whatever you like. All im saing don't blame in a collective way. If you have isue with someone talk to him.

Originally posted by travis
            I just join this thred so the discussion is new to me, but I will say I do respect your opinion and I'm sure other do to.(I hope)

Comment

Originally posted by travis
              I think I might add my appreciation for Vala/Claudia.

When I first saw her in Prometheus Unbound I had mix feeling about the character/actress. I didn't hate nor did I like her, basically I didn't care. But then after seeing her in season nine I was like wow I love this character. It was like there was some thing glowing about her that made the other character look like backdrops. The dynamic between her and the other member of SG1 was just to halarious and entertaining for me not to admire her as an actress.
              I mean how can you not like her wit and sassyness(my word for sexy, smart, and resourceful). I know some would find it offesive and insulting, but hey each to there own guess.

Having her in season nine made the season so much more enjoyable to watch(IMO).
              I rearly rewatch season nine of SG1, but when I do I have to admit I only watch the Vala eps. It was sad when she left after beachhead it just was'nt the same for me.

I'm so looking forwards to having her in season ten as a full time cast member, and man the interation with her and Sam in going to be a treat (I hope).
              Every time I look back at the scene in beachhead when Sam said "what's up with the back up singer" and then Vala's reaction just cracks me up and gold in my book.
              I agree although in general i didn't like season 9 so much. Let's hope season 10 will be more enjoyable

Comment

You can post and say whatever you like. All im saing don't blame in a collective way. If you have isue with someone talk to him.
                Well sorry, but the feeling I've gotten from a select few here makes me feel uncomfortable so I'll speak collectively. Sorry if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Back to Vala/Claudia discussion.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/...creation.shtml

In the Season 9 episode, Crusade, Vala takes over Daniel's body a la the switch in Avalon Part 2 and Origin. She thinks he did such a good job in the locker room checking Mitchell out, has Michael had a lot of practice at looking at Ben Browder's bum?

Michael looks a little... puzzled, and tries to clarify the question. "Do I have any practice in looking at Ben Browder's bum?"

The audience, of course, bursts into laughter.

"Well, ask the girl who played me in the back row," Michael jokes. "Um... all I was doing oddly enough was... because they'd done the episode with David Hewlett who plays McKay on Atlantis where he sort of was all .... where it was the girl inside the man sort of thing... what was the episode called?"

Lots of responses.

"Okay, just one of you... "Duet", yes. They didn't want to do the same thing with us so basically Claudia just did her version or little snippets of it, and I just did whatever she was doing."

Girl says he did it well.

The next fan comments that Michael and Ben Browder have very good comedic timing. He'd like to know if they work on it, or if it just comes about naturally.

He explains that with he and Claudia it's more natural, whereas he and Ben talk through the scenes and work them out a little bit more. Not too much, though, as Ben is "pretty on the ball. We... we work on it on set, we don't go home with each other and you know...look at each other
                  Just bumping

Comment

Thanks
                    Spoiler:

Comment

And what a nice bum-p!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

A.
                      VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

I'm really looking forward to s10. I can't wait to see what they do with Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                          And what a nice bum-p!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

A.

A question
                          How do you think Vala will merge to SG1 team. Will all of them like her or maybe some will hate her (maybe Cam heheheh)

Comment

A question
                            How do you think Vala will merge to SG1 team. Will all of them like her or maybe some will hate her (maybe Cam heheheh)
                            I suppose there'll be a careful approach.
                            I think in a dangerous (combat) situation they'll trust her. She wouldn't be on the team if they couldn't. But I think in everyday life the others will be a bit more careful and suspicious at first.

A.
                            VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
                              I suppose there'll be a careful approach.
                              I think in a dangerous (combat) situation they'll trust her. She wouldn't be on the team if they couldn't. But I think in everyday life the others will be a bit more careful and suspicious at first.

A.
                              Can you give some examples?

"drum solo" hilarious!!! http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/...t_the_beat.avi
                              Do you think it was Claudia's idea or was written in script?

Comment

Can you give some examples?

"drum solo" hilarious!!! http://claudiablacknews.com/claudia/...t_the_beat.avi
                                Do you think it was Claudia's idea or was written in script?
                                Dunno! Maybe we will get to know it when there will be a commentary for Crusade on the last volume of s9 DVD!! But it seems that she had a lot of fun doing it!!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X