No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there had been more stories from Katharyn Powers. Hers are some of my favorites, probably my most favorite when taking out the S/J ship factor.

Favorite quote:
    Teal'c: “Things will not calm down DanielJackson. They will in fact calm up.”

Ship Alert:
    Right off the bat, as Sam is prattling on, Hammond standing beside her and listening intently as always, Jack, Teal'c and Daniel are in the background. See Jack. See Jack watching Sam. See Sam turn around. See Jack quickly look in another direction. Then after Sam turns away, he and Daniel share confusion-overload looks.

Hammond's hesitation at sending them:
    I think at this time, the main focus of missions was to find technologies that would help defeat the Goa'uld. The Cimmerians didn't have any of that (at least that he knew of at this point) and going back to help would only be putting SG-1 in danger.

Crossing the rock bridge:
    Why does everyone always try to walk on these flimsy narrow bridges? For cryin' out loud, get on your hands and knees and crawl.

Jack's attitude:
    I think it's a reflection of how upset he is that they'd messed things up on this planet and a lot of innocent people died.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      I wish there had been more stories from Katharyn Powers. Hers are some of my favorites, probably my most favorite when taking out the S/J ship factor.

Favorite quote:

Ship Alert:
      Right off the bat, as Sam is prattling on, Hammond standing beside her and listening intently as always, Jack, Teal'c and Daniel are in the background. See Jack. See Jack watching Sam. See Sam turn around. See Jack quickly look in another direction. Then after Sam turns away, he and Daniel share confusion-overload looks.

I think at this time, the main focus of missions was to find technologies that would help defeat the Goa'uld. The Cimmerians didn't have any of that (at least that he knew of at this point) and going back to help would only be putting SG-1 in danger.

Why does everyone always try to walk on these flimsy narrow bridges? For cryin' out loud, get on your hands and knees and crawl.

Jack's attitude:
      I think it's a reflection of how upset he is that they'd messed things up on this planet and a lot of innocent people died.
      Okay, I'm really going to look for this tomorrow when I watch the show!
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
        totally agree! I have to say I thought she was quite scheming, I'm going to try and draw parallels with Kynthia - again - although Kynthia comes across *more* innocent there still seems to me to be a bit of "but you ate the cake I gave you - oh did I not tell you what it meant - opps silly me oh well I got what I wanted". It's not as pronounced as Shyla, who admits that this was her plan, substituting cake for sarcophagus.

Edit: good point Hedwig, she's basically a spoiled brat who gets what she wants because she's the princess. You can see this in the final scene with her father, she says 'he cannot live without me now' or something like that, she knows exactly what she did and why she was doing it - to get her way.
        but in all fairness to shyla, she was addicted to the sarcophagus. and she still decided to deal with her problems at the end, while still under it's influence. i have to give her some credit on that. i kind of felt sorry for her.

(and i've rarely liked the love interests they've set up for sg1. the vast majority of them were boring to me (the actors/actresses). . i kind of liked her)
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          but in all fairness to shyla, she was addicted to the sarcophagus. and she still decided to deal with her problems at the end, while still under it's influence. i have to give her some credit on that. i kind of felt sorry for her.

(and i've rarely liked the love interests they've set up for sg1. the vast majority of them were boring to me (the actors/actresses). . i kind of liked her)
          Did I miss something about that episode? I thought she said she didn't use it ... when Daniel asked about her father using it and then indicated Shyla, I thought she said she hadn't used it.

But that could just be a senior moment ... and I'm misremembering - again!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Did I miss something about that episode? I thought she said she didn't use it ... when Daniel asked about her father using it and then indicated Shyla, I thought she said she hadn't used it.

But that could just be a senior moment ... and I'm misremembering - again!
            or it could be me, because i haven't seen it in *years*.

i thought at the end, daniel told her (after he'd returned) that she'd go through withdrawal after she destroyed the sarc?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

i thought at the end, daniel told her (after he'd returned) that she'd go through withdrawal after she destroyed the sarc?
              You're remembering it right.

Comment

Favorite quote:

Ship Alert:

Jack's attitude:
                Morning folks. Yeah sure I am going to rewatch this episode too maybe Saturday or Friday or...

Comment

I think she was using it like Daniel was using it, but she wasn't 700 years old - it was just making her feel good rather than prolonging her life. So yeah I do see your point Sally, however, do you think that she was acting more grounded than Daniel; when he was addicted he was behaving irrationally and irratically whereas Shyla didn't. Do you take this as she's had more time to get used to the addictive affects of the sarcophagus?
                  sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

[QUOTE=UhSir;10240390]
                    Favorite quote:
                    I don't get this. I never have. I.Just.Don't.Get.This. Why is it funny? I know it must be, everyone else loves it.
                    Ship Alert:
                    UhSir, you made my day! How on earth did you see that? I just brought it up on hulu for the heck of it and there it is! That is the cutest thing! I never saw that before. I love this rewatch!
                    He doesn't want her to think he's interested in what she has to say- or maybe that he's interested in her.

Someone with some talent needs to make up a Shipper's Catch of the Day award with a fishing pic- and it's first recipient will be UhSir!

Lol! True.
                    Jack's attitude:
                    Okay. He does get frustrated easily.
                    Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                    Okay, I'm really going to look for this tomorrow when I watch the show!
                    It's SO there!
                    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    [/SIZE]
                    You're right. She said she never used it, but then she had in the end. My rationalization for that was that she was so distressed about Daniel leaving, she started using it to feel better temporarily, just like people do with other drugs.

Sally, that's the point of a rewatch. Get thee to a TV set and watch the darn thing!

Or else you'll miss the cute little look thingy Jack did at the start of Thor's Chariot.
                    Last edited by VSS; 02 June 2009, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                      I think she was using it like Daniel was using it, but she wasn't 700 years old - it was just making her feel good rather than prolonging her life. So yeah I do see your point Sally, however, do you think that she was acting more grounded than Daniel; when he was addicted he was behaving irrationally and irratically whereas Shyla didn't. Do you take this as she's had more time to get used to the addictive affects of the sarcophagus?
                      I think Daniel's attitude came from the "rush" he was feeling from the effects of the sarcophagus. And perhaps from the fact that Shyla was "fixing" him much more rapidly than normal. I mean, they hadn't been on the planet that long, and Daniel had been in the sarcophagus 10 or 11 times already. Then again, just as people respond differently to recreational drugs (some can take it or leave it and just enjoy the effects occasionally while some are instantly addicted) maybe Shyla and Daniel reacted differently.

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                      I don't get this. I never have. I.Just.Don't.Get.This. Why is it funny? I know it must be, everyone else loves it.
                      It just is. Teal'c's play on words. We don't say things will "calm up", we say as Jack did, things will escalate, but T being alien, wouldn't know that, and just said the opposite of what Daniel said.

You're right. She said she never used it, but then she had in the end. My rationalization for that was that she was so distressed about Daniel leaving, she started using it to feel better temporarily, just like people do with other drugs.
                      Actually she indicated that she didn't need to use it like Pirus, to extend her life. She never said she didn't use it at all. In fact, she told Daniel that he would feel better than he'd ever felt, indicating that she knew what it felt like.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                        It just is. Teal'c's play on words. We don't say things will "calm up", we say as Jack did, things will escalate, but T being alien, wouldn't know that, and just said the opposite of what Daniel said.
                        But, that implies Teal'c doesn't know the meaning of the word "calm", which he probably does. I think that's where it loses me.

For instance, if the phrase they used was "settle down" and he said it would "settle up" that would be funny. Because "settle" is a more neutral word. "Calm" however, implies well- calm.

The other way it would be funny was if "calm" and "up" were used in some other common phrase, or had anything to do with one another, but they don't. "Settle up" fits this criteria, too, because people do settle up- as in settling up a bill.

So it's not a pun, either.
                        Last edited by VSS; 02 June 2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

But, that implies Teal'c doesn't know the meaning of the word "calm", which he probably does. I think that's where it loses me.

For instance, if the phrase they used was "settle down" and he said it would "settle up" that would be funny. Because "settle" is a more neutral word. "Calm" however, implies well- calm.

The other way it would be funny was if "calm" and "up" were used in some other common phrase, or had anything to do with one another, but they don't. "Settle up" fits this criteria, too, because people do settle up- as in settling up a bill.

So it's not a pun, either.
                          I don't know what to tell you. I find the fact that it doesn't make sense to be funny. I guess we just have to put it down to the fact that people's idea of humor varies.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ship Alert:
                            I've never noticed this either, will have to put the DVD on and check Ooh yay, I love new shippy moments, and I love that even after watching every episode more times than I can count there are still things I can have missed
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              I've never noticed this either, will have to put the DVD on and check Ooh yay, I love new shippy moments, and I love that even after watching every episode more times than I can count there are still things I can have missed
                              Yeah, I love doing this too but I don't have DVD Only episodes on my computer, only chief moments

Comment

Noticing chief moments it is a very great pleasure especially Sam/Jack moments

Comment

Working...
                                X