No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi people. Sorry for my stupidity but I always have the one same question: what does it mean D/V shipper? So, have I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
      Hi people. Sorry for my stupidity but I always have the one same question: what does it mean D/V shipper? So, have I missed something?
      D=Daniel
      V=Vala

Comment

D/V stands for Daniel/Vala shippers
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, understood, thanks So, any fixed topic for today?

Comment

Not to be confused with the Daedalus Variations.

I saw a thread in the tech section called "Using the DV subspace tap" and boy, did that throw me for a second, there!

Edit: Kel, today we are discussing Thor's Chariot. I will have a post up in about two hours.

Comment

Thor's Chariot, Thor's Chariot, hmmm, let me think, hmm... Very good ep, it is right. Because of many reasons. And the main is the subject. First "meeting" with Thor, and the exellent victory over guauld Yes.. About Sam and Jack in this ep... Thare wasn't anything as I remember. Correct me if I am wrong, please

Comment

Thor's Chariot, Thor's Chariot, hmmm, let me think, hmm... Very good ep, it is right. Because of many reasons. And the main is the subject. First "meeting" with Thor, and the exellent victory over guauld Yes.. About Sam and Jack in this ep... Thare wasn't anything as I remember. Correct me if I am wrong, please
                Well, I am going to put my special shippervision glasses on and go watch it right now, and then I will give you a more detailed report.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  Well, I am going to put my special shippervision glasses on and go watch it right now, and then I will give you a more detailed report.
                  Right, good choice, good luck

Comment

Well after I run errands, I'll catch up on Need and then start Thor's Chariot! Maybe now that it's summer vacation, I can stay more caught up with the viewing!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Very busy?

Comment

Thor’s Chariot

Favorite Quote:
                        Daniel: This is the Hall of Might?
                        Gairwyn: You were expecting something different?
                        Daniel: Well, uh , maybe a hall?

Favorite Scene:
                        When the Beliskner descends from the storm clouds and zaps the goa’uld and their ships. I'd really love to see what they could do with that scene and current CGI.

thanks Padme!

I agree with what Kel said earlier. Despite my shippervision glasses, there wasn’t a bit here except the framing early in the episode. TPTB are branching out in how the teams find out about the problem at hand. Twice this season they have been standing (both times with Sam and Jack next to each other, BTW), but the only time they’ve been in the briefing room was in the virtual reality Gamekeeper. Don’t they know I’m trying to track this? Hmph.

Anyway. This is a pivotal episode from the standpoint of the mythology of Stargate because here we get to meet the Asgard, and perhaps the first benevolent god SG-1 has encountered. I can't remember, but did the Asgard put them there, or did they just drive out the goa'uld? And why do they feel the need to pretend to be gods? Is that just a natural thing that fits in with the way people think?

At any rate, SG-1 has to go back and pay the piper for breaking Thor’s Hammer. It’s interesting that Sam thought to put iridium in the box- it’s really rare and would definitely act as a calling card of sorts so that was nice choice for the writer. Again, this ep was written by Katherine Powers. Whatever happened to her?

Why did General Hammond hesitate to send them back? I thought it was unlike him to say it wasn't their problem. Even just diplomatically speaking, it's poor interplanetary relations. I would hate to think it's just because the Cimmerians had nothing to offer us and no way to hurt us so they weren't worth the effort. Loved Sam stepping up and saying "I was there." She just wants to be there to back up her team.

I loved seeing Gairwyn again. I wish we could have seen more of her. Jack and Teal’c do their warrior thing throughout the episode, and is it just me or is Jack a bit annoying? He just whines and snipes through the whole darn thing (and I say that fondly because he’s my fav.) despite the fact that he gets to blow things up several times. But even I got tired of the attitude this time.

I think Sam really struggled with her new-found ability to use goa’uld devices. I don’t think that she saw it as a gift and might have even been repelled by it, but the rest of SG-1 weren’t at all sympathetic. Daniel was fascinated and Jack just wanted to see if it could be practical. I like the way the aftereffects of ItLoD played out in the series, and I wish they had paid more attention to this aspect of Sam’s character in later years.
                        Spoiler:
                        Daniel and Sam figure out the riddle and meet Thor. Was it a poke at scifi stereotypes or UFO believers to have Thor look like a “Roswell gray” (as Sam put it)? Or were they just making fun of themselves? I personally though it was clever to tie it back into RL, or rather what some people believe in RL.

Just for fun, I looked up the history of pi and found out that it is actually a very old concept, and wouldn’t necessarily have signified an advanced civilization at all. Unless the ancient Greeks and Babylonians count as advanced, but maybe they do? Or maybe Thor should have made Sam and Daniel write differential equations!

Implications for Sam and Jack: Not a lot, except Sam is still struggling with the aftereffects of having been Jolinar’s host, and that will have an impact on both her and Jack far into the future. All the way to the Ripple Effect.
                        Last edited by VSS; 01 June 2009, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Ok, so, it is very nice to hear that I remember something

Comment

I'm backtracking to Need:

Did anyone else think that Shyla was a cunning piece of work? She started out with no backbone--she didn't tell her father the truth of SG1; instead she allowed them to be thrown into the mines. She deliberately set out to addict Daniel to the sarcophagus! That is not "love" to me.

I did love all the framing that was done in the mines to put the Colonel and Sam together. It gave the aura of protectiveness. When they were first in there and Jack makes his snarky comments about union violations, he really stopped in a hurry when the "jaffa" hit Sam and Daniel in the backs of their heads.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post

Did anyone else think that Shyla was a cunning piece of work? She started out with no backbone--she didn't tell her father the truth of SG1; instead she allowed them to be thrown into the mines. She deliberately set out to addict Daniel to the sarcophagus! That is not "love" to me.

I did love all the framing that was done in the mines to put the Colonel and Sam together. It gave the aura of protectiveness. When they were first in there and Jack makes his snarky comments about union violations, he really stopped in a hurry when the "jaffa" hit Sam and Daniel in the backs of their heads.
                              I think love had nothing to do with what Shyla felt for Daniel. He was the answer to whatever her childhood dream was, and therefore she wanted him to fulfill whatever that prophecy or dream was. No love involved there; she was a very selfish person who just wanted what she wanted ... from what I could see. I think she did care about her father, but that was about all she cared about besides herself.

Not one of my favorite episodes, and I rarely watch it. But I may just do that in order to remind myself of what happened to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post

totally agree! I have to say I thought she was quite scheming, I'm going to try and draw parallels with Kynthia - again - although Kynthia comes across *more* innocent there still seems to me to be a bit of "but you ate the cake I gave you - oh did I not tell you what it meant - opps silly me oh well I got what I wanted". It's not as pronounced as Shyla, who admits that this was her plan, substituting cake for sarcophagus.

Edit: good point Hedwig, she's basically a spoiled brat who gets what she wants because she's the princess. You can see this in the final scene with her father, she says 'he cannot live without me now' or something like that, she knows exactly what she did and why she was doing it - to get her way.
                                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X