No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally! COTG Final cut to be released July 21.
    Spoiler:
    That guy who plays Jack is supposed to be doing the commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      Spoiler:
      Wooohoooo(d)!!
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Spoiler:
        Hooray!!!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Sam is gorgeous in this ep. I bet AT liked wearing earrings, makeup and real clothes for a change! So, if this SGC program is also only a few months old, and they’re engaged, that means their first meeting went something like this:
          Hey, I bet your "real" cloths can't adsorb any possible bodily fluid you throw at them.

I think you guys are missing something about AU Jack though, he is totally ok with killing off an entire innocent populous with a nuke. AU Jack may be less disillusioned but the reason he is a general is because he has less problems with those pesky human "morals".

I did like the tigerstripe in the episode though, that is a uniquely special forces pattern and some CCT's wear the desert version here even now.
          sigpic
          In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
          "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
            Hey, I bet your "real" cloths can't adsorb any possible bodily fluid you throw at them.

I think you guys are missing something about AU Jack though, he is totally ok with killing off an entire innocent populous with a nuke. AU Jack may be less disillusioned but the reason he is a general is because he has less problems with those pesky human "morals".

I did like the tigerstripe in the episode though, that is a uniquely special forces pattern and some CCT's wear the desert version here even now.
            Those people aren't innocent. What Daniel says is that they "can't help it" meaning they can't help being Jaffa- which is debatable. But the Jaffa males are killers and they're all goa'uld incubators. Our Jack has no problem with the nuclear solution, either. In fact, he's willing to nuke an entire race of beings in Scorched Earth, and they don't even pose a threat to earth.

Maybe that's why he does end up being a general?

Comment

Those people aren't innocent. What Daniel says is that they "can't help it" meaning they can't help being Jaffa- which is debatable. But the Jaffa males are killers and they're all goa'uld incubators. Our Jack has no problem with the nuclear solution, either. In fact, he's willing to nuke an entire race of beings in Scorched Earth, and they don't even pose a threat to earth.

Maybe that's why he does end up being a general?
              I haven't seen Scorched Earth but from what I had seen, Real Jack would not be cool with killing off a bunch of indirectly related people. Remember this is what dooms AU Jack in the end with AU Teal'C.

Just because they are Goa'uld incubators and the males are warriors doesn't mean they all have to be killed. Here everyone is an "incubator" for Islam and a gun is sign of manhood. We don't just nuke A-Stan.
              sigpic
              "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

I haven't seen Scorched Earth but from what I had seen, Real Jack would not be cool with killing off a bunch of indirectly related people. Remember this is what dooms AU Jack in the end with AU Teal'C.

Just because they are Goa'uld incubators and the males are warriors doesn't mean they all have to be killed. Here everyone is an "incubator" for Islam and a gun is sign of manhood. We don't just nuke A-Stan.
                Yes, it does doom him in the end. But it really is a last-ditch attempt, and I don't blame him. It isn't all that different from Hiroshima.

Comment

Yes, it does doom him in the end. But it really is a last-ditch attempt, and I don't blame him. It isn't all that different from Hiroshima.
                  It is a lot different then Hiroshima, trust me on that one, we spent a month in Ethical Decision Making (yes it is a course) in ROTC (I did Army and then transferred to Air Force because AFROTC is for flyboys) talking about Nuclear weapons.
                  sigpic

Comment

It is a lot different then Hiroshima, trust me on that one, we spent a month in Ethical Decision Making (yes it is a course) in ROTC (I did Army and then transferred to Air Force because AFROTC is for flyboys) talking about Nuclear weapons.
                    That's not fair! I have an affirmative fiat and it's up to you to prove me wrong. Those are the rules of debate.

Comment

That's not fair! I have an affirmative fiat and it's up to you to prove me wrong. Those are the rules of debate.
                      Ah, Policy Debate huh? Well was a Lincoln Douglas debater and your lack of initial empirical evidence allows me to dismiss the argument as insufficient to any offensive point and therefor irrelevant to the round from lack of a warranting impact.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, Policy Debate huh? Well was a Lincoln Douglas debater and your lack of initial empirical evidence allows me to dismiss the argument as insufficient to any offensive point and therefor irrelevant to the round from lack of a warranting impact.
                        I don't have to have any empirical evidence. That's the whole point of an affirmative fiat.
                        I did team debate. I guess this is a tie.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I want to pre-order this, but can't find it on amazon. Any ideas?
                          - Mary
                          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                            This is actually a very good theory and could make an excellent fic.
                            You know, that reminds me, I swear I've seen a fic somewhere that had Sam on the first Abydos mission, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the context of the TBFTGOG AU. Still, let me see if I can track it down...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              You know, that reminds me, I swear I've seen a fic somewhere that had Sam on the first Abydos mission, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the context of the TBFTGOG AU. Still, let me see if I can track it down...
                              Is it Where do Broken Hearts Go, by Telkena?
                              That's MA rated, though. She posts at the Sam and Jack forever & always site. I think that fic was nominated for a Blue Moon Award though I don't know if it won. So it might be there, too.

Buc, Amazon is my source, too. They'll probably have something up in a few days. I'd really like to see if it's coming out in BluRay. Isn't $27 kind of steep for a DVD? I wonder what that BluRay is going to cost me.

Comment

I don't have to have any empirical evidence. That's the whole point of an affirmative fiat.
                                I did team debate. I guess this is a tie.
                                Well then I could argue that affirmative fiats in general are useless for any effective means of establishing a standard for evaluating the round.

Call it a tie! Get back hear you yellow bellied coward, I'll bite your legs off!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X