No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry VSS, I'm trying to avoid SGU spoilers... and so far suceeding. I'll probably cave closer to summer though

On another note, I found a webpage of SG teams and breakdowns, including type of SG team (Marine, Exploration, Scientific etc) and who was/is on it. It doesn't include rankings however.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/SG_team
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      VSS you theory seems very sound and I'd love to hear how this sounds good for the S/J ship as well, unfortunately I can't think of anything to add to what you just said (takes too much deep thinking)

On a completely opposite note, walter did go off world. No body remembers that he did.
      http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...nda/walter.jpg
      It's the episode 'Fallen'
      Thank you! I can't remember any of these eps, it's been so long since I've seen them. Now I'll go back and fix my post.

I guess I think that it's good for the ship if the entire
      Spoiler:
      Stargate program is no longer under the sole control of the USAF. I think it'd be great if there were really a universal military presence responsible for the protection of Earth. It's a step away from reality, for one thing. For another, it introduces more layers into the chain of command for those who care about such things. Either way, people will obsess less about whether Jack is still Sam's boss. I don't want him to have to retire to see them together.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

uh, can i see a pic of your hubby, dressed up as jack of course?
      No. He'd kill me! Besides, he doesn't know why he owns that plaid and that blue silk Tommy Bahama shirt. Or why I think grey hair is sexy- he's just starting to be happy that I think that, since they're coming in one by one..

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        It wasn't Out of Mind. It was Solitudes, I think. In the commentary for Out of Mind, the director talks about the tension between Jack and Sam and that RDA had come up to him and asked if he wanted the moment where Jack wakes up Sam to be one of those 'subtle' moments. The director says yes with a great amount of enthusiasm.

Remember, before Amanda was even HIRED, they stood her next to RDA to see how they looked together.

The ship may not have been planned from the very start, but it had to be in the back of their minds as a possibility.
        I can't at this time cite where I read it, but I'm almost certain I read that Brad Wright actually wanted Amanda Tapping for the role of Sam Carter, even before the auditions were held. So the audition perhaps just confirmed if he thought they would be great working together.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          spoilers for 'continuum' as well -

Spoiler:
          i'll be honest, reading speculation that this base might be a moonbase, and that it 'might' be what sam and jack were talking about at the end of 'continuum'...

it kind of disappoints me, because it liked moonbase being a secret term for 'honeymoon'.

really, that's my main concern.

Spoiler:
          Yes, that was another reason why I didn't want to have anything on the moon! But, look at it this way- when they filmed COntinuum, do you think they really had any clue about the gate or anything else ending up on the moon? Or is this a retroactive tie-in? The shippy intent could still have been there.

Comment

spoilers/speculation for 'sgu' and 'continuum'

Originally posted by VSS View Post
            Spoiler:
            Stargate program is no longer under the sole control of the USAF. I think it'd be great if there were really a universal military presence responsible for the protection of Earth. It's a step away from reality, for one thing. For another, it introduces more layers into the chain of command for those who care about such things. Either way, people will obsess less about whether Jack is still Sam's boss. I don't want him to have to retire to see them together.
            Spoiler:
            very interesting, vss!

i wouldn't mind jack retiring, though, because he doesn't seem to care if he's still militarying (word?), whereas sam i could see go even farther. i could also see jack *happily* staying at home to take care of the kid(s) (if they decide to have children).

but even retired, he could still be called in to help in certain areas. he was retired when they brought him back into everything in the first ep.

sally

sigpic

Comment

spoiler/speculation for 'sgu' and 'continuum'

Spoiler:
              Yes, that was another reason why I didn't want to have anything on the moon! But, look at it this way- when they filmed COntinuum, do you think they really had any clue about the gate or anything else ending up on the moon? Or is this a retroactive tie-in? The shippy intent could still have been there.
              Spoiler:
              i'll keep that in mind for now (because it makes me happier )
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Thank you! I can't remember any of these eps, it's been so long since I've seen them. Now I'll go back and fix my post.

Spoiler:

No. He'd kill me! Besides, he doesn't know why he owns that plaid and that blue silk Tommy Bahama shirt. Or why I think grey hair is sexy- he's just starting to be happy that I think that, since they're coming in one by one..
                Your welcome and it seems the writers of '200' forgot that ep as well
                And I like your way of thinking about what you have in spoilers!

On another note...that makes all of us sad in here that you can't post a pic of your hubby We like Jack look a likes Okay that's enough teasing of VSS for one day...but have we mentioned how refreshing it is for optimism? *happy shippy sigh*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Your welcome and it seems the writers of '200' forgot that ep as well
                  And I like your way of thinking about what you have in spoilers!

On another note...that makes all of us sad in here that you can't post a pic of your hubby We like Jack look a likes Okay that's enough teasing of VSS for one day...but have we mentioned how refreshing it is for optimism? *happy shippy sigh*
                  He really would kill me. We have a "no pic on the internet" policy. And he doesn't look exactly like Jack, he's just handsome in a different way. People tell him he looks like Tom Selleck (with less hair but I don't care).

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                  I haven't seen too many of the spoilers and only one trailer, so your ideas sound pretty good to me.

My question/comment:
                  Spoiler:
                  If the Icarus base is on the moon and the gate has been moved there, how do the "shrubs" get there? Do you think they'll employ Asgard beaming devices?

I was confused when I saw Jack would be in 6 episodes based on how the series was supposed to take place on a ship in another galaxy that they can't figure out how to get off/back home. Here's hoping we'll see lots of Sam with Jack, not separately.
                  Spoiler:
                  Yes, that's what I have heard people say Asgard beaming technology could be used to get up and down- it ought to reach that far. And if they have S & J in different eps, I think I'll cry. It will be different to see them acting in a Stargate show with such a different feel to it. I'm kind of excited for that. I think we've seen the last of Goofy Jack, if nothing else.
                  Last edited by VSS; 19 April 2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

He really would kill me. We have a "no pic on the internet" policy. And he doesn't look exactly like Jack, he's just handsome in a different way. People tell him he looks like Tom Selleck (with less hair but I don't care).

Spoiler:
                    Yes, that's what I have heard people say Asgard beaming technology could be used to get up and down- it ought to reach that far. And if they have S & J in different eps, I think I'll cry. It will be different to see them acting in a Stargate show with such a different feel to it. I'm kind of excited for that. I think we've seen the last of Goofy Jack, if nothing else.
                    We completely understand But your just so easy to tease VSS *realizes she's probably a mean person for teasing so much*

SGU-
                    Spoiler:
                    The one thing I'm concerned about is this whole 'being able to be in someone else's body and communicate with earth' thing, I really hope that when we see RDA, it's as Jack and not as him portraying someone else.

Comment

We completely understand But your just so easy to tease VSS *realizes she's probably a mean person for teasing so much*

SGU-
                      Spoiler:
                      The one thing I'm concerned about is this whole 'being able to be in someone else's body and communicate with earth' thing, I really hope that when we see RDA, it's as Jack and not as him portraying someone else.
                      You are definitely not a mean person! Thanks for recc'ing my fic on the main shipper thread, BTW. I can't give you any green right now.

Spoiler:
                      From the GW page:

"Earth" brings some members of the new crew of the Destiny back home -- or at least their consciousnesses. As previously reported, an Ancient communications terminal discovered on board allows people on the ship to communicate with Earth from another galaxy, by swapping bodies with someone on Earth.

Colonel Young also appears to be on Earth, meeting with Williams and O'Neill about a potentially dangerous plan.
                      So it looks as if Jack will be Jack in this ep. I think the fans would revolt after TPTB having not-the-real-Jack in The Real World, 200 and most of his screen time in Continuum. We've hardly seen our Jack in years.

Comment

You are definitely not a mean person! Thanks for recc'ing my fic on the main shipper thread, BTW. I can't give you any green right now.

Spoiler:
                        From the GW page:

So it looks as if Jack will be Jack in this ep. I think the fans would revolt after TPTB having not-the-real-Jack in The Real World, 200 and most of his screen time in Continuum. We've hardly seen our Jack in years.
                        Thanks! and your very welcome, I love your stuff...you need to write more!

SGU-
                        Spoiler:
                        oh!! I completely missed that part! Yeah we really do need to see our Jack. Though what I'm curious about is how their going to get him in 6 episodes...hmmm That'll be exciting to find out!

Comment

There's been a little thing that popped up with this rewatch. The schedule was:

April 20 Cold Lazarus
                          April 22 The Nox and Brief Candle
                          April 24 Thor’s Hammer and The Torment of Tantalus
                          April 27 Bloodlines and Fire and Water
                          April 29 Hathor
                          May 1 Singularity and Cor-Ai
                          May 4 Enigma
                          May 6 Solitudes
                          May 8 Tin Man
                          May 11 There but for the Grace of God
                          May 13 Politics and Within the Serpent’s Grasp

However, the DVD order is slightly different. It changes for Cold Lazarus and gets back on track at Hathor. Following DVD order the schedule will look like this:

April 20 Brief Candle
                          April 22 Cold Lazarus
                          April 24 Thor's Hammer and the Torment of Tantalus
                          April 27 Bloodlines and Fire and Water
                          April 29 The Nox and Hathor

Gateworld has them listed in the first order which I'm assuming was the original airing order. Do we want to stick to that or go with DVD order?
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd stick with GW because that's the order that they aired, and it would be a constant, in the region 2 dvd's, the end of S8 is slightly off as well. ( I think 'Citizen joe' comes after 'Threads') So I'd say stick with GW, but that's just me

Comment

I'd stick with GW because that's the order that they aired, and it would be a constant, in the region 2 dvd's, the end of S8 is slightly off as well. ( I think 'Citizen joe' comes after 'Threads') So I'd say stick with GW, but that's just me
                              Really? That's weird... Citizen Joe after Threads.... Kinda kills the mood for Moebius 1 & 2

I'm thinking sticking with the GW one then. Was there a reason why they were switched?
                              sigpic

Comment

I also think we should stick to the original order, meaning GW. Not that my opinion matters since I can't rewatch episodes anyway But sticking to GW we'd avoid situations like in Brief Candle where Jack writes a letter to Sarah and if you didn't see Cold Lazarus first you have no idea who is she.

About your post VSS:
                                Spoiler:
                                I honestly don't know what to say. Your theory makes sense, at least I can't find any holes in it , but I don't know..moonbase somehow rubs me the wrong way, it just seems so silly and retro sci-fi Besides it opens up a whole new can of worms, like who exactly built the base? when? Why wasn't it noticed by the other countries? Moon is pretty close after all and building something under its surface still requires heavy machinery and people. And then we'd need some "beaming' facility back on Earth, to somehow transport personnel and all things needed. And is the Moon close enough for the point of origin to work? I just don't know..

And yes, as it was mentioned Walter was both off-world (season 7 Fallen/Homecoming) and on-board Prometheus (Prometheus Unbound), so he left Earth on at least 2 occasions..
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X