Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    As excited as I was to hear Amanda's Q&A answers and her support of 'something' going on between Jack and Sam, I am more that a little concerned that everything hinders on Jack 'retiring'. He doesn't have to retire for them to be involved and I'm hoping the AF advisers for the show don't insist that has to be the case. Because, I don't see Jack retiring any time soon and it is completely obvious 'something' has been going on based on little hints over the years.

I don't want TPTB to completely negate all that has come before for them. I also don't want them to have 'just gotten together' in the 3rd movie, because I just won't believe it. Something changed after Threads, and it was obvious.
    yes on all of this. as much as i wanted to see THE scene of them coming together, after all this time, it would make sam and jack look like emotional retards if it was just happening 'now'.

so i can fill in the gaps, because there's been enough hints that something happened between s8's 'threads' and s9's 'beachhead'.

what i want, *need* is to SEE that they're together. a good, juicy kiss will work.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      yes on all of this. as much as i wanted to see THE scene of them coming together, after all this time, it would make sam and jack look like emotional retards if it was just happening 'now'.

so i can fill in the gaps, because there's been enough hints that something happened between s8's 'threads' and s9's 'beachhead'.

what i want, *need* is to SEE that they're together. a good, juicy kiss will work.
      *sigh* yes, to let us know what we already know...to confirm it. The love is there, TPTB just need to say, yes shippers you ARE right.

Comment

I just had to say...

My postup above was #5000. Woohoo!

I'm glad I made it here

And I got promoted, too!!

Comment

Congratulations, Jennifer!

Edit: I also LOVE your 'celebrating mating habits of geeks' sig, that is just so cute!

Comment

awesome banner by jumble!

Alert is now set at

DEFCON LEVEL 1

Schedule
            April 8 Stargate the movie and Children of the Gods
            April 10 The Enemy Within
            April 13 Emancipation
            April 15 The Broca Divide
            April 17 The First Commandment
            April 20 Cold Lazarus
            April 22 The Nox and Brief Candle
            April 24 Thor’s Hammer and The Torment of Tantalus
            April 27 Bloodlines and Fire and Water
            April 29 Hathor
            May 1 Singularity and Cor-Ai
            May 4 Enigma
            May 6 Solitudes
            May 8 Tin Man
            May 11 There but for the Grace of God
            May 13 Politics and Within the Serpent’s Grasp

The discussion will take place here and starts at noon EST and runs 2-3 days until the next one begins.

Dust off your DVDs and join in! If you're in the US you can also watch the episodes on hulu.com

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              Popping out of lurkdom:

You betcha. Assuming he's not right above her in Chain-of-Command, and it seems likely he's NOT, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it legally or ethically. But AT may not really understand that.

The problem is, a lot of the audience won't, either. Which will mean either a lot of explaining or vaguary on when they really got together. As in, 'publically' getting together after he retires with a *wink wink nudge nudge* indicating a longer relationship by way of the sort of thing we've been seeing all along. And while there's nothing WRONG with them being together now, perception is very much reality in this sort of thing so I could understand them keeping a low profile publically to prevent folks misunderstanding their relationship. The couples I've worked with who were both in the service, you wouldn't have known they knew each other outside of work. Which always made it rather strange to suddenly receive invites to their wedding

And I'm one of those who believe we actually did see the beginning of their relationship in Threads and their realizing they needed to do whatever was necessary to be together. The beginning of S9 finding them having done that. We just didn't see all of it as this isn't the Sam and Jack Show and, except for about 3 minutes in D&C, their relationship has always been subtle. And even those 3 minutes weren't completely spelled out for the audience.

/lurk

EDIT: I should also mention JM has said he believes Sam and Jack got together after Threads and have been together since. And his opinion as a writer and SGA showrunner has to be at least as important as hers...
              I agree with you on all points here. Friends of mine who were just married had been deployed together on a ship to the gulf... due to the frat regs, they almost never saw each other the entire trip! But they respected that. And were married as SOON as they came home, LOL. I bet it did come as a surprise to those who didn't know them outside of work! Never thought of it that way.

JM's opinion is the one I currently subscribe to. I feel like *something* has been going on since threads, but that they aren't necessarily married yet. Perhaps that's what the line in Trio meant? When he retires, maybe then they'll get married and settle down, but until then, it's a bit of a long-distance relationship dealie...

EDITED to add:

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
              I agree with these statements here. I may be one of the only ones...but I still say they're married. Something more than just friends has to be going on between those two. It can't be by mistake that Sam just picks up those Jackisms unless they were in a solid relationship.

And you're right, VSS in normal life...no one would wait that long...it just wouldn't happen. They are so together!
              Marriage itself isn't necessarily required for her to pick up all the Jackisms... but the solid relationship, I think is. My husband and myself were together for more than eight years before we married. I'm sure I picked up a lot of his "isms" in that time.
              sigpic
              "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet..."

Comment

*ducks and hides under table*
                My opinion seems to differ on this issue a little more than everyone else's as I wouldn't mind if we saw them finally entering a relationship in this movie. It doesn't seem to bug me if they haven't been together...I'd just take the hints through the last few seasons as them planning on getting together once Jack is retired. Usually I wouldn't want to see him retire, but since this movie could be quite possibly the last one (for all we know)...I think retirement would be fitting. On the otherhand I would be equally as happy if this movie proved that S/J had been in a relationship for the past couple of years, it would make more sense since they had no reason *not* to be together after Jack took up the position with Homeworld Security. Anyway...at the end of day after all these years of waiting I'll be happy to take *snatch onto and not let go of* whatever we can get.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't remember the wording from the deleted Trio scene, but could it be interpreted that they would be getting married after Jack retires, not just be together?
                  sigpic
                  Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                    I don't remember the wording from the deleted Trio scene, but could it be interpreted that they would be getting married after Jack retires, not just be together?
                    This page contains the video, just in case...

But, yeah. Though I tend to think Sam is directly answering Jennifer's question. Once Jack retires, their relationship will become less complicated because then (once she's no longer on Atlantis obviously) it can finally stop being long distance. No where does Sam imply she's not *having a relationship* with him (and, in fact, Martin Gero states in the explanation before the clip that she's saying she is having one). Which, IMHO, fits more with Sam's demeanor throughout the scene. She's far too smug and happy for someone who's got their personal life on hold, but rather like someone with a fat juicy secret she's dying to tell but at the last minute realizes she really shouldn't.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Yes.

After all this time it has to be a real kiss between them that will really do it for me.

Not a peck or just hand holding, although these can be romantic if done correctly.

With all the kisses 'not' we've had, I need a real one to bring closure to this ship.

I just had to say...

My postup above was #5000. Woohoo!

I'm glad I made it here

And I got promoted, too!!
                      Congratulations on the promotion Jenn

So
                      nice to see you.

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                      http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...e-banner80.jpg
                      awesome banner by jumble!

Alert is now set at

DEFCON LEVEL 1

Schedule
                      April 8 Stargate the movie and Children of the Gods
                      April 10 The Enemy Within
                      April 13 Emancipation
                      April 15 The Broca Divide
                      April 17 The First Commandment
                      April 20 Cold Lazarus
                      April 22 The Nox and Brief Candle
                      April 24 Thor’s Hammer and The Torment of Tantalus
                      April 27 Bloodlines and Fire and Water
                      April 29 Hathor
                      May 1 Singularity and Cor-Ai
                      May 4 Enigma
                      May 6 Solitudes
                      May 8 Tin Man
                      May 11 There but for the Grace of God
                      May 13 Politics and Within the Serpent’s Grasp

The discussion will take place here and starts at noon EST and runs 2-3 days until the next one begins.

Dust off your DVDs and join in! If you're in the US you can also watch the episodes on hulu.com
                      I'm rarely ever able to do the real time viewing but I'll sure pop in for the discussions.

**feels a sense of nostalgia** The thread's beginning to look familiar again
                      sigpic
                      sig by Mada
                      As a matter of FIC

Comment

But, yeah. Though I tend to think Sam is directly answering Jennifer's question. Once Jack retires, their relationship will become less complicated because then (once she's no longer on Atlantis obviously) it can finally stop being long distance. No where does Sam imply she's not *having a relationship* with him (and, in fact, Martin Gero states in the explanation before the clip that she's saying she is having one). Which, IMHO, fits more with Sam's demeanor throughout the scene. She's far too smug and happy for someone who's got their personal life on hold, but rather like someone with a fat juicy secret she's dying to tell but at the last minute realizes she really shouldn't.
                        exactly, not only that scene but imo we get glimpses of this all through seasons 9 and 10, she's calm and relaxed and confident. She's happy. It's quite contrasted to the sort of nervous energy she displayed in earlier seasons
                        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                          With all the kisses 'not' we've had, I need a real one to bring closure to this ship.

I'm rarely ever able to do the real time viewing but I'll sure pop in for the discussions.

**feels a sense of nostalgia** The thread's beginning to look familiar again
                          It wouldn't surprise me if we got a nice romantic scene and they left out a kiss on purpose- or faded to black- just to tease us.

trinity, there won't be any real time viewing for these discussions- everyone needs to have already seen the eps. You'll have a minimum of two days to get in on it!

Comment

I agree. Sam's whole demeanor during that scene doesn't scream 'holding pattern'. You can see she's happy about the status of her relationship, and that its poised to change once her guy in Washington retires, but is reluctant to say something more, and probably thinks by the end she's said too much.

And thanks for the link. I've loaned out my S4 dvd set and haven't gotten it back yet. That's the only scene I periodically re-watch on the whole dvd. LOL!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              I agree. Sam's whole demeanor during that scene doesn't scream 'holding pattern'. You can see she's happy about the status of her relationship, and that its poised to change once her guy in Washington retires, but is reluctant to say something more, and probably thinks by the end she's said too much.

And thanks for the link. I've loaned out my S4 dvd set and haven't gotten it back yet. That's the only scene I periodically re-watch on the whole dvd. LOL!
                              Huh. Maybe someday I'll get over my little hissy fit about it and actually watch it. For the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                                Huh. Maybe someday I'll get over my little hissy fit about it and actually watch it. For the first time.
                                You've never seen that scene?!?

whyyyyy?

It's pretty close to a shippy squee moment . . .
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X