X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meimei
    SG1-Fanintn, my take on packing. THreads S8
    Spoiler:
    From the playful way that he said it and the fact that he didn't want her anywhere near the scientists once they got started on the ZPM, it was the fishing trip that I thought he was talking about. He didn't want her getting distracted on a project and change her mind about going.
    I agree. That's is exactly how I understood his comment. Moebuis
    Spoiler:
    The next scene is of them fishing. Sam would have to pack for the trip since it is a long trip and would be several days.

And I love your comment on CA's words at the con...
    Spoiler:
    Everyone was a little upset at CA's comment about Jack and Sam getting together over his dead body but that's exactly what happened! Warped sense of humor, that man has!! I love it!
    LOL! I would have been just as if I would have heard that comment without the context. I always knew Jacob was a Shipper!! I love Jacob!! Stargate won't be the same! I would say CA knows Jack and Sam are
    Spoiler:
    together.
    It seems WE are the only ones still wanting
    Spoiler:
    confirmation.

Token ~

Comment

I have a quick question (please don't rail me for being a bit off-topic): is it really necessary to use all the spoiler tags and space here? Everything being discussed has already aired or more speculation/wishes than confirmed spoilers. Might make the thread a bit easier to read. If I'm way out there, cool and I'll never bring it up again.

That CA quote is great, I wasn't aware of it! I agree with the earlier comments on Affinity, Sam was almost begging him.
      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
      Daniel: Oh! You see?
      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
        I have a quick question (please don't rail me for being a bit off-topic): is it really necessary to use all the spoiler tags and space here? Everything being discussed has already aired or more speculation/wishes than confirmed spoilers. Might make the thread a bit easier to read. If I'm way out there, cool and I'll never bring it up again.

That CA quote is great, I wasn't aware of it! I agree with the earlier comments on Affinity, Sam was almost begging him.
        Forum rules dictate that anything in the current season on Sci-fi or in syndication (S8 and S7, respectively) and any future information, spoilers or speculation, should have spoiler space, preferably the neat tags!

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
          I think that Jacob might have thought that Pete was a little immature, at least that's sort of the impression Pete made on me when he came to the SGC to meet Jacob. I did only get to watch that part once, because my tape mess up.

I think that Sam not being happy with Pete just wasn't shown in recent episodes, I mean the last time we saw him was when he proposed, I think other things happened between them but unfortunately we just didn't see or hear about it. And another thing is that she never talked about him so I think that's a sign, also when she was with him in Threads you got the impression that she wasn't happy at least that's what I got. I do think that the deleted scene between Jack/Jacob would have given us a better idea as to why Jacob acted the way he did towards Pete, too bad that was cut.

Deleted scene??? Did I miss something?? Please tell me more! Is this "official"? Is there any record of the dialogue in the deleted scene??? Inquiring Shipper Minds Really Wanna Know!!!!!
          Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

I'm bored. I think we've covered about everything left to talk about, without repeating ourselves to death. NO new ship spoilers, NO new Sam and/or Jack spoilers... it's getting a bit hard to hang around this forum now for me. This last time (couple days ago) the forum went down was the easiest for me to handle I'm sorry to say (I *really* am sorry to admit that). I had no urgent feeling of wondering what I'm missing, because I'm 99 percent sure I'm missing nothing. Just keeping these spoilers quiet doesn't mean it's bad news (look how Threads turned out ), but it's also *extremely* frustrating. I don't want to go through another entire season of secrets. The 8th season drove me nuts. no more secrets. I actually understand their reasoning (no spoilers makes *everyone* turn in to see what happens), but when other fans are getting their spoilers, it gets very frustrating when all you're living off is barely scraps. So, after my long-winded spiel... I'm bored, and I hope I can muster up enough interest to even play here anymore.

Sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              I'm bored. I think we've covered about everything left to talk about, without repeating ourselves to death. NO new ship spoilers, NO new Sam and/or Jack spoilers... it's getting a bit hard to hang around this forum now for me. This last time (couple days ago) the forum went down was the easiest for me to handle I'm sorry to say (I *really* am sorry to admit that). I had no urgent feeling of wondering what I'm missing, because I'm 99 percent sure I'm missing nothing. Just keeping these spoilers quiet doesn't mean it's bad news (look how Threads turned out ), but it's also *extremely* frustrating. I don't want to go through another entire season of secrets. The 8th season drove me nuts. no more secrets. I actually understand their reasoning (no spoilers makes *everyone* turn in to see what happens), but when other fans are getting their spoilers, it gets very frustrating when all you're living off is barely scraps. So, after my long-winded spiel... I'm bored, and I hope I can muster up enough interest to even play here anymore.

Sally

Awww, ((((((Sally)))))), stay and play. We might not have the same sense of emergency about checking out what's happening, but its still fun

S7
              Spoiler:
              I think Sam has looked uncomfortable with Pete in every ep since Chimera. IMHO Pete was the rebound catcher mitt after Grace and Sam thinking she needed to move on. But then, every time I watch Lost City I wonder how she could still be with Pete after the emotions so clearly showed to us in that ep. The little chat over the hyperdrive crystals was as filled with UST and emotion as the D&C forceshield scene. They stand there and feel those emotions again, with no emotional barriers (just those stupid regs, darn it! Even tho' Jack's retired again, they're still on a mission so they won't just ignore the fate of the world for a quick *cough - gets back on topic* )

Then when S8 started, Pete's still there! Sam's more shocked than excited when Pete proposes. She takes weeks to decide how she's going to answer. Affinity sees her asking Jack's opinion, and as usual he leaves it up to her - well lets face it, if she doesn't know how Jack feels by now! When Sam gives Pete her answer, I think it was spur of the moment and that adrenaline rush had a lot to answer for.

Woah, that's getting rather long winded for me Suffice it to say,
              Spoiler:
              Jacob would have known from the off that Sam wasn't going to marry Pete. Her body language was very clear in Threads from that first moment Pete stepped off the elevator. In the breifing room, Jacob was giving her a nudge to make her see Jack is the man for her, despite those pesky regs.

I think the end of Threads gave us little when you hold it up against *cough* Chimera *cough*. But look at it from the perspective of the last 8 seasons and the regulations.

Spoiler:
              We've not been allowed to see any RST before because S&J were still serving the same chain of command - hence all the AU's, ALT, imaginings, time loops etc .... and why Sam never went to Minnesota. We all know what going to Minnesota means. It means they are together. At this point, Sam & Jack are still in the same chain of command so showing this much is court-marshallable offence! We were never going to get any more than this in S8

As for S9. I agree with others that
              Spoiler:
              Jack's limited screentime won't be spent on obvious ship. I'll settle for a phone call between Sam & Jack with "me too" on the end, this time with a big smile rather than a grimace, and that honestly will do. I would love to see loads of ship confirming stuff - still waitin' for that big honkin' kiss! *taps toe impatiently* I just don't think we're gonna get it.

Even so, roll on S9! More spoilers please!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Sally
                (((((((((((((Sally))))))))))))))

Think we should all just board the shipper mansion with Sam and Jack and their kidlets and dogs and just hyperspace outta here ala the Ancients?

And a big shipper family toast to one of the greatest men and spiritual leaders who ever lived:

POPE JOHN PAUL II, WE HOPE YOU REST IN PEACE WITH THE ALMIGHTY FATHER!!!!

After all, he probably would've given his blessings on Sam and Jack too...

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                  And a big shipper family toast to one of the greatest men and spiritual leaders who ever lived:

[SIZE=5
                  POPE JOHN PAUL II, WE HOPE YOU REST IN PEACE WITH THE ALMIGHTY FATHER!!!![/SIZE]

After all, he probably would've given his blessings on Sam and Jack too...
                  I agree on both points. It's hard for me to come here today and think about Sam and Jack when this has just happened, but I think that he would have looked at them fondly and thought, "ah, young love!"

Rest in Peace, Your Holiness. You'll be fondly missed.
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I agree with all of you - it's frustrating, and we don't need much, just something please.

Two thoughts.
                    1. I'll be very disappointed if TPTB don't give us SOMETHING in S9 only because Moebius left us with a very juvenile, silly taste in our mouths regarding the S/J ship.

2. Phone calls may actually be the way the writers will go... I have hope! Because they've used this before. In Citizen Joe, for example, it opens with the two of them having that very comfortable phone conversation about their respective weekend plans. It seems to be one device the writers aren't afraid to use. They're certainly afraid of any real physical contact or, god forbid, any face-to-face-in-this-reality dialogue! And RDA can certainly "phone in" his side of the conversation filming in LA. ha ha.

Ravinia

Comment

Ok, after thinking about this for more than a week (and my husband, who is also a fan, thinks I've become overly-obsessed), let's consider these points:

1. Everything came to a head in "Threads." From Jacob to Agent Johnson, people were finally vocalizing what Daniel and Teal'c (and we) have known for so long: our pair were meant to be together. After watching (and rewatching) the nuances, I feel they are together. Jack's move to DC will actually make this easier, because we'll be free of the regs.

2. The time has come to fish or cut bait (as we say here in the south). If TPTB don't let S/J acknowledge the relationship in early S9, they will:
                      A. Alienate a huge part of the fan base at the same time that RDA's presence decreases and
                      B. Have missed their prime window of opportunity to capitalize on what they've been building toward for four years. Face it: by the time Troi and Wriker got together in ST: NG, no one cared anymore! It was an afterthought, an excuse for a party in a movie.

I have to think TPTB will want to avoid that mistake (especially if they still have movie hopes). The sexual tension between Sam and Jack has never been stronger, and early S9 will be the best chance to resolve it once and for all, so we can be happy. Having him in regular contact with her, whether by phone or appearance, would keep him "alive and part of the SG-1 landscape," as Joe Mallozzi said he would be.

Why is our happiness important to TPTB? Because it makes us more likely to accept the new characters and other changes they're throwing at us. They need SG-1 to go on at least another year, while they work to strenghten and grow SG: Atlantis. I like the characters and stories in SGA, but I don't think it's compelling enough yet to stand on its own without its parent series. Right now, Battlestar Gallactica is much more edgy. And the Aiden Ford controversy shows us TPTB are still tinkering with SGA, trying to get the formula right.

I also believe that RDA will make limited appearances throughout the season. With Wylie reaching school age, I can understand him wanting to be in L. A. more. But he owns part of the franchise, and has a vested interest in its success. If I were TPTB, I'd accomodate him with some easy-to-reach L.A. shoots.....even if it meant others had to fly in from Vancouver to shoot with him. Jack O'Neill is larger than life, and RDA's portrayal is so far beyond what Kurt Russell did in the movie that it isn't even funny! Although I love all the team, he IS the franchise, to a huge measure.

All right, I've rambled on long enough. What do others think?

Comment

I'm very anxious for S9 and I really think that TPTB will give us something--be it a phone call, breif joint appearance between S/J--something. It will have to be tempered (I'm afraid) for the non-shippers in order that it won't upset them too much. I'm not even sure we'll get the honkin' kiss that we've wanted. But, even saying that, I think that it will be made obvious to all the viewers (shipper and non-shipper) that Sam and Jack are together. Frankly, I can't wait for July.
                        -girlgater

Comment

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I do think that we'll get something in season 9. To do all that they did in Threads and Moebius (regardless of whether you like it or not) and to then completely ignore it would be more awkward than any scene I could imagine of S/J mumbling their feelings. At this point I'd be satisfied with spoilers on just what Jack will be doing in the episode's RDA's confirmed to be in, not the backstory of why he'll be gone.
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Daniel: Oh! You see?
                          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                            Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I do think that we'll get something in season 9. To do all that they did in Threads and Moebius (regardless of whether you like it or not) and to then completely ignore it would be more awkward than any scene I could imagine of S/J mumbling their feelings. At this point I'd be satisfied with spoilers on just what Jack will be doing in the episode's RDA's confirmed to be in, not the backstory of why he'll be gone.
                            you know i would like to be as optimistic as the next guy, but i don't know if i could even add the word cautiously about season 9.
                            Spoiler:
                            -if anyone read JM's thread he said that she would be far far away and that it would be for professional reasons
                            And really nothing really concrete has come out except for what gateworld has had to say.
                            Last edited by pittsburghgirl; 03 April 2005, 05:39 PM. Reason: fix spoiler space
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                              Deleted scene??? Did I miss something?? Please tell me more! Is this "official"? Is there any record of the dialogue in the deleted scene??? Inquiring Shipper Minds Really Wanna Know!!!!!
                              The deleted scene was something I heard around the forum. Hmm maybe we should ask Joe about it.
                              "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

Originally posted by girlgater
                                I'm very anxious for S9 and I really think that TPTB will give us something--be it a phone call, breif joint appearance between S/J--something. It will have to be tempered (I'm afraid) for the non-shippers in order that it won't upset them too much. I'm not even sure we'll get the honkin' kiss that we've wanted. But, even saying that, I think that it will be made obvious to all the viewers (shipper and non-shipper) that Sam and Jack are together. Frankly, I can't wait for July.
                                I have a comment to make on the highlighted above sentence, but it's not a rant at you, girlgater.

If S/J ship would be watered down as to not offend the anti shippers... were we given the same privilege with the Sam/Pete scenes in Chimera and the engagement stuff in Affinity? Did they 'worry' about us? How we'd handle seeing something that didn't necessarily offend us but break our hearts? Answer: NOPE.

Sam/Jack isn't some gross couple/concept where the guy is 90 and the girl is barely in her 20s. It's not that they're related in blood, or that they're screwing each other's brains out while they're the cause of ppl dying around them. So why has this simple little couple/concept been treated sometimes like it's some dark secret to only be mentioned behind closed doors? Because we (s/j shippers) have been made to feel that way by not only certain fans, but even some of the ppl making this show. And *everyone* that complains the loudest has their own agendas to not liking it. If it's none of the above 'disreputable' ideas, then it's just personal taste that doesn't make this couple float your boat.

I don't want to hear anymore excuses for them not getting together now. There are NONE. If RDA/Jack's not around, then show/prove they're together in other ways.

I'm sorry for the rant, but it's like we almost have to apologize for being an S/J shipper.

Not this shipper.

rant over.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X